John Glenn vs Unioto

General knowledge
Waterboy

Re: John Glenn vs Unioto

Post by General knowledge »

If the Shermans can defend the flair screen, and back door cuts on defense, and the full-court man, run and jump on offense, they win.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:45 am
King of Pike Hill wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:42 pm All I can think about is how fun of a game this would’ve been two years ago. Would have loved to see Rackley and Weir against Cotrill and Hosley.

Good luck Tanks!
A state champion vs a team who didn't make it out of districts. JG by 15
Or more! John Glenn was the real deal! Two D1 players, a D2 player, and another player who would have been D1 or D2 but transferred to Pick Central and got in some trouble! They were a LOAD! Even their 5th starter went D3! That game vs. ASVSM will go down as one of the best state title games of all time.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 am
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:45 am
King of Pike Hill wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:42 pm All I can think about is how fun of a game this would’ve been two years ago. Would have loved to see Rackley and Weir against Cotrill and Hosley.

Good luck Tanks!
A state champion vs a team who didn't make it out of districts. JG by 15
Or more! John Glenn was the real deal! Two D1 players, a D2 player, and another player who would have been D1 or D2 but transferred to Pick Central and got in some trouble! They were a LOAD! Even their 5th starter went D3! That game vs. ASVSM will go down as one of the best state title games of all time.

yes it was! i made the trip the Schott for that and came away very pleased i made the trip.

Boomcat34
Waterboy

Post by Boomcat34 »

Think John Glenn wins it. Coach Woodard is one of the best coaches in the state of Ohio, he will have those kids ready to roll. Having seen them play once during the middle of the year and talking with some people who have seen them play in their district games, JG's defense is on another level right now. Could definitely be close but the 4th quarter is always the difference with JG - they always wear the opposing team out and finish it off in crunch time.

John Glenn 62
Unioto 51

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

Good luck Tanks!
I watched JG play 3 times that year. At full strength, that would’ve been the best game at the Convo since Dante v. Humpty.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

What ever happened to that Blevin's kid? He has went MIA this year

General knowledge
Waterboy

People forget that the “role player” from that John Glenn state team are playing D3 in college. Tanner Slack at Mt Union and Austin Blatt is at Hiram. That team was loaded. Not to mention the Belvins boy. John Glenn’s best player now Justin Heacock was a freshman and 6th man.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

IMO this will be a very good matchup, hard to pick a winner.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I'll pick the Shermans by 3 , 62-59. The Tanks on a roll .

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

General knowledge wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:25 pm People forget that the “role player” from that John Glenn state team are playing D3 in college. Tanner Slack at Mt Union and Austin Blatt is at Hiram. That team was loaded. Not to mention the Belvins boy. John Glenn’s best player now Justin Heacock was a freshman and 6th man.
I mean John Glenn was just a good team without Blevin's. They had no size without him. I actually thought Unioto had more talent than JG without Blevin's. Blevin's was a 6'6 transfer from Zanesville

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I think Unioto matches up well in this game. Tanks go as Swack goes. He’s a gamer and the best player on the team playing the most important position.
I’ll take Tanks by 5 and Swack goes for 21.

I was talking to my buddy the other night and we talked about how this is the probably the least talented Unioto team in the last 5 years (If you had to take one) but have as much success as the undefeated team. Impressive year from the Sherman’s.

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

Watched Unioto about 10 times this year. Watched John Glenn once. Unioto 68-60. Fisher will have 18 rebounds. JG guards are two small and Swack will have his way.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Represent the SVC , bring home the W ! Good luck to the U!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Updates on The D2 thread starting at 6:15ish

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
General knowledge
Waterboy

This game is going, just as I assumed it would.John Glenn 56-23 running clock at the convo.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

winningaintcheap wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:46 pm
Noitall wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:39 pm This won't be close John Glenn by at least 15
From what I’ve been able to collect from all of JG’s schedule and Box Scores; they are nowhere near the team they have been recently. They are short across the board. Their tallest listed player is 6’4 and seemingly never gets to touch the ball. They aim to force a lot of turnovers and score in volume. Recently, Unioto has been excellent at limiting their opponents to low point totals. Swackhammer and Kennedy are veteran ball handlers and I believe they have the tools to control the tempo and withstand the pressure. I look for this to be a very good, close game. I’ll predict Unioto moves on by a score of 62-57
Could you imagine if they WAS the team they used to being??

Can't compete with the north , better to face it then be disappointed lol

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Roger Mink wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:08 am Watched Unioto about 10 times this year. Watched John Glenn once. Unioto 68-60. Fisher will have 18 rebounds. JG guards are two small and Swack will have his way.
Whoops

Watching SE Ohio basketball
General knowledge
Waterboy

65-29 final

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

So... Unioto got a beat down. The updates said it was hard to watch. Help me understand- Was John Glenn just that much better? Did Unioto just have a bad night? Was Unioto not prepared to play? Any insight on this. Those that had seen both play thought this would be a decent game- I only saw one post say this game would be a blowout.

General knowledge
Waterboy

John Glenn Pressures the ball the entire game. They are much like Waverly but better. I believe I said Unioto needed to defend the flair screens, doesn’t look like they defended the flair screens since John Glenn made 9-3’s

Return to “Boys Basketball”