Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by Hoopie74 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:39 pm Harvest Prep is on the Southeast side of Columbus north of 33 and south of 70 on Gender Rd. Canal Winchester area. Charter school or Magnet School.

Africentric was an example of this in 2005 when they won the State Championship and later had to Return the Triphy. Harvest Prep is also relatively new and formed from a Conglomerate Church and is attached to it. Division 4 schools have been running into them in girls and boys basketball for 15 years now. If not one of those two then Worthington Christian or Fairfield Christian Academy

They seem to be D3’s issue now. Good luck.

The first two examples I can think of at the smaller school level would have been Columbus Wehrle and CAPE. You remember CAPE coming into Pirate Stadium in 1986 with Carlos Snow and Vinnie Clark—- goodness.
Cape played Peebles for four years in Basketball. I remember the Cape players just about ripped our rims off the backboards. The gym they played in in Cincinnati had just a hand full of bleachers.Carlos was a great guy to talk to.Fun times.Good luck to the SEOPS teams.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Noitall wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:29 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:02 pm
bucknuts09 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:42 pm [quote=rxburgfan post_id=<a href="tel:1651370">1651370</a> time=<a href="tel:1520785863">1520785863</a> user_id=540]
[quote=bucknuts09 post_id=<a href="tel:1651329">1651329</a> time=<a href="tel:1520771873">1520771873</a> user_id=4361]
I think Burg will be getting their track spikes out after this one! Harvest Prep by 20+!
Well district champs are still playing. So lacing up the track spikes will be later than most. 1 of 16 remaining in the state tourney. Many would be happy to change places with them. Good luck.
You can dish it but can't take it !
:lol:
I just think Burg is one transfer away from playing with the recruited Columbus area team!

Who might that recruit be? I’m not sure even a big man would help Burg against this team. If Burg gets it handed to them so be it. Wouldn’t be the first time they have lost in the Regionals.

Only time will tell.

I just don’t get why the OHSAA would want a team like this bringing 150 fans to the final four over a team like Burg, Oak Hill or Garaway that will bring around 4-5000 fans. Take the Burg’s state championship game in football. They set a record with 9780 fans and I say the Burg side had well over 6000 on it
[/quote]

Lmao so ya think ohsaa should give you a free ride because you have a lot of fans?
Like I said NO ONE down that way can come close to beating HP or most other schools in Columbus you used to beating up the little guys the roles are reversed here.

Im not like most on here and I give my opinion im not here to suck on no ones toes,like a lot of you wanting to give group hugs and don't care if you like my opinion or not .

I predicted 20 plus but now I hope its 30 and yea yea I know you will play hard
[/quote

No ass clown not saying Burg should get a free ride just saying I think they would want more fans for s bigger gate but everyone knows that the OHSAA doesn’t give two shits about the fans of the teams actually playing which has been going on for years.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

HP should play a prep ball schedule, it's a joke they are even affiliated with the state athletic association. Glorified AAU.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Noitall wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:35 am Its really cute to see the burg fans think they have any kind of chance here,Harvest prep is not your daddy's S.O.C. teamyou beat down on year after year .

Your so called " big boy" was frustrated all night against Lil bitty piketon,wait till he gets a load of preps ,,,,,,,let the crying begin...
These people are called fans. I’m sure you are the same way with a team you root for. Only 16 teams still playing. Is yours?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Penguin wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:44 pm HP should play a prep ball schedule, it's a joke they are even affiliated with the state athletic association. Glorified AAU.

Agree 100%. Huntington Prep in West Virginia doesn’t play in the states tournament. They play a prep schedule as well they should.

Hell, since noitall thinks none of the other three schools in the Regional doesn’t have a chance just not show up Wednesday and let the OHSAA lose all of the gate the three public schools will bring in.

So it looks like both HP and Africentric will make the final four and bring a combine 200 fans to the games. Maybe the public schools who continue to send there administrative people and coaches to the game by paying for there tickets should stop doing that and send a message to the OHSAA that these all star teams like HP and Africentric need to be put into there own tourney and hit the OHSAA where it hurts the most, in the pocketbook.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:16 pm
Penguin wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:44 pm HP should play a prep ball schedule, it's a joke they are even affiliated with the state athletic association. Glorified AAU.

Agree 100%. Huntington Prep in West Virginia doesn’t play in the states tournament. They play a prep schedule as well they should.

Hell, since noitall thinks none of the other three schools in the Regional doesn’t have a chance just not show up Wednesday and let the OHSAA lose all of the gate the three public schools will bring in.

So it looks like both HP and Africentric will make the final four and bring a combine 200 fans to the games. Maybe the public schools who continue to send there administrative people and coaches to the game by paying for there tickets should stop doing that and send a message to the OHSAA that these all star teams like HP and Africentric need to be put into there own tourney and hit the OHSAA where it hurts the most, in the pocketbook.
Difference is Huntington Prep is NOT a school, Harvest Prep is a school, and is a member of the OHSAA.

And funny, people spend 99% of the time complaining that the OHSAA is all about the money, yet now are complaining the OHSAA should not have Harvest Prep in the tournament because they will not bring them any money. So which is it?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:27 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Difference is Huntington Prep is NOT a school, Harvest Prep is a school, and is a member of the OHSAA.

And funny, people spend 99% of the time complaining that the OHSAA is all about the money, yet now are complaining the OHSAA should not have Harvest Prep in the tournament because they will not bring them any money. So which is it?
Good point. Competitive balance is not solution. It’s a good thought. But all a team can do is play and fans can complain.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Good Luck to Burg!! Play the game and see what happens.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Noitall wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:29 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:02 pm
bucknuts09 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:42 pm [quote=rxburgfan post_id=<a href="tel:1651370">1651370</a> time=<a href="tel:1520785863">1520785863</a> user_id=540]
[quote=bucknuts09 post_id=<a href="tel:1651329">1651329</a> time=<a href="tel:1520771873">1520771873</a> user_id=4361]
I think Burg will be getting their track spikes out after this one! Harvest Prep by 20+!
Well district champs are still playing. So lacing up the track spikes will be later than most. 1 of 16 remaining in the state tourney. Many would be happy to change places with them. Good luck.
You can dish it but can't take it !
:lol:
I just think Burg is one transfer away from playing with the recruited Columbus area team!

Who might that recruit be? I’m not sure even a big man would help Burg against this team. If Burg gets it handed to them so be it. Wouldn’t be the first time they have lost in the Regionals.

Only time will tell.

I just don’t get why the OHSAA would want a team like this bringing 150 fans to the final four over a team like Burg, Oak Hill or Garaway that will bring around 4-5000 fans. Take the Burg’s state championship game in football. They set a record with 9780 fans and I say the Burg side had well over 6000 on it
[/quote]

Lmao so ya think ohsaa should give you a free ride because you have a lot of fans?
Like I said NO ONE down that way can come close to beating HP or most other schools in Columbus you used to beating up the little guys the roles are reversed here.

Im not like most on here and I give my opinion im not here to suck on no ones toes,like a lot of you wanting to give group hugs and don't care if you like my opinion or not .

I predicted 20 plus but now I hope its 30 and yea yea I know you will play hard
[/quote]

Burg kids will be there and will play hard

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

HP by 25+, Anymore most teams are below average in these leagues and just don’t have the talent to be competitive.Then you have one or more teams that have average talent and win there leagues, but in reality when they play teams with as much or a little more talent they struggle because they really have beat no one in the big picture of the season. Quickness, length, and raw talent is main difference. From what I’ve seen in both boys and girls, kinda over hyped and no way as good as the hype they get but Good Luck to all teams left.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I’ve seen both teams once. So my prediction is basically science.

Harvest Prep by 25+.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:16 pm I’ve seen both teams once. So my prediction is basically science.

Harvest Prep by 25+.
I’ll take that bet. Burg is one school that accepts difficult challenges and relishes in the fact that they believe they can win every game. They may not have any chance of winning but I’ve watched burg teams in the past take down all star teams. No way burg loses by 25+.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:08 pm HP by 25+, Anymore most teams are below average in these leagues and just don’t have the talent to be competitive.Then you have one or more teams that have average talent and win there leagues, but in reality when they play teams with as much or a little more talent they struggle because they really have beat no one in the big picture of the season. Quickness, length, and raw talent is main difference. From what I’ve seen in both boys and girls, kinda over hyped and no way as good as the hype they get but Good Luck to all teams left.

When you can bring in the best talent from around Columbus it’s going to be hard for a small town public school to compete.

I guess we will have to wait until Wednesday evening to see the outcome. Like was said above Burg will not be intimidated coming into the game.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Lol, kinda like area schools has no chance in there area , when one school gets the talent from that area, just a smaller scale but in reality the same thing happening in the small town area. So now the shoe seems to be on other foot and people say it’s hard to compete with lots of talent going to a school. Anyone else see the irony of this. Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:36 pm Lol, kinda like area schools has no chance in there area , when one school gets the talent from that area, just a smaller scale but in reality the same thing happening in the small town area. So now the shoe seems to be on other foot and people say it’s hard to compete with lots of talent going to a school. Anyone else see the irony of this. Lol
No. This is way different than a couple of out of district players coming over to play for the burg. Columbus is a huge city. Schools like harvest prep are geared to help very talented kids get noticed.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Lol I said smaller scale but really the same thing, but on a smaller scale but in reality it’s basically same situation, ask teams from schools in league, what is there thoughts here, , just might be my opinion, but that’s how I believe.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It’s not the same thing at all. Basketball is a different sport. Two or three really good transfers in can win a basketball tournament easily. Three in football? No. Harvest prep can run the AAU circuit and easily find three kids that can ball.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Yeah a competitive balance # of 120 compared to 6
Totally comparable :lol:

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:11 pm Yeah a competitive balance # of 120 compared to 6
Totally comparable :lol:
Not sure if you added all the schools competitive balance numbers together for all the schools that have played in the convo the past couple weeks if you could get to 120 but I totally see the comparison :lol:

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:49 pm Lol I said smaller scale but really the same thing, but on a smaller scale but in reality it’s basically same situation, ask teams from schools in league, what is there thoughts here, , just might be my opinion, but that’s how I believe.

You went t get no where, they used to beating up on the little guys in that weak division with all they transfers and can't handle they on the opposite side this time and for anyone that don't think this team can't beat them,by 20-25 they need to go watch some real,basketball outside that league lmao

Return to “Boys Basketball”