Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to burg on a great season, Holden with a huge game against a VERY good team. HP just to much when they got out and ran, knocked down the open shots. Listened to the game and at no point did it ever feel like HP was in trouble. Very good team, thought about going and watching them Saturday night but since they said on the radio HP and Sugarcreek already played and HP beat them by 29 figured, nah I'll save my money. Congrats to Burg on a solid season.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I don't know that people are all jealous of the athletic success of Wheelersburg as much as they are tired of the pompousness of the Wheelersburg fans. I enjoy the overall discussion of the games before and after, but some of the remarks from people who have absolutely no outcome on the game are way over the top. Class is definitely needed by some down on the river.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:11 am
Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:33 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:01 am Great season Pirates. By far the best team Burg has played in a long while. Not sure how many three's HP hit but you take away 6 of those three's and it's 60-60 at the end.

Holden was the best player out there tonight. He was strong to the rim and more than held his own.

If HP hits threes like that the rest of the tourney they will be hard to stop. I don't think it is a cake walk for them to the title. Talked to one of there fans and they were concerned about Africentric, who they might possible play in the State Semi-finals, plus Lutheran East, who is the defending DIV state champ is still in the tourney and did anyone else notice their record? 12-13. That means they came into the tourney at probably 7 or 8 and 13. Must play an amazing schedule. Also Cincinnati Deer Park still out there at 25-0.

Thank You Cole Lowery and Mack Dyer for your play the last two years. You two have been class acts on and off the court and you both will be missed. Good luck in whatever the future holds for you.

On a side note, did not know that about HP having some players having to sit out because of the transfer rule. Heard someone say at the Convo tonight about coaches on the bench and having coached some of the kids in AAU ball. What is the rule on that or is there even a rule about AAU ball? Overheard them also saying no more than three kids can play on the same AAU and then the same HS team. Any truth to that or did they not know what they were talking about?
As far as AAU is concerned, I'm not sure about the rules regarding high school coaches in AAU.

I do know however that no more than 2 kids from a HS team can play on the same AAU team.
I think they changed that rule to 3 instead of 2. That's what my son was telling me.
nope still 2

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

IMO Burg and Oak Hill making it to the sweet sixteen just goes to show how good and competitive the SOC ll conference is. Good job by both teams.

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:48 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:27 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 pm As expected.
Now do you see what we were talking about?
HP is on a different level.
Nobody disagreed but burg played with a team that was crafted together by some sort. 6 players had to sit out the first 12 games because of transfers. They are very good and will win d3.

Even at that, burg played very well. Holden showed his talent. I thought they would lose around the 12-15 mark. I still would have won my bet with you. It was close though.
lol they pulled the starters with a minute to play.
You were one amazing performance by an amazing player away from losing by 30+.

My guess is you had not seen HP play.
I for one have as they beat my Cavaliers by 9 at home this year. We played our best game of the year and still lost to a D3 school. MY buddy coaches these kids in AAU and who is also a Cavalier Alum. He told me that night, "Anything less than state is a huge disappointment"
Burg pulled their starters too and I expected a big game out of Holden. He's that good, just not given credit.
I did watch them a little on youtube and knew they were really good. The point guard alone could lift them to a state championship and he's a sophomore. I just don't think Burg got credit for being in this game. I never thought they would win but I thought they would compete and they did. HP is an AAU all-star team, and I agree state should be the goal. They could probably compete with many D1 schools that are still left in the tourney.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

mikepike wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 am I don't know that people are all jealous of the athletic success of Wheelersburg as much as they are tired of the pompousness of the Wheelersburg fans. I enjoy the overall discussion of the games before and after, but some of the remarks from people who have absolutely no outcome on the game are way over the top. Class is definitely needed by some down on the river.

You know what we get sick and tired about people on here bitching about the transfers coming in and even with the transfers Burg gets beat by 18 and like someone said without Holden having a great game they lose by 30+.

If everyone in SE Ohio is okay with just making the Regionals and then getting blown out by a recruited in AAU team then why play the game? We all know the caliber of players around here don’t come close to the amount of high talent players like HP, Africentric, Lutheran East, and do on have to chose from. As long as those types of teams are continued to be allowed to put together, no SE Ohio team will ever make it out of the Regional.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:53 pm
mikepike wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 am I don't know that people are all jealous of the athletic success of Wheelersburg as much as they are tired of the pompousness of the Wheelersburg fans. I enjoy the overall discussion of the games before and after, but some of the remarks from people who have absolutely no outcome on the game are way over the top. Class is definitely needed by some down on the river.

You know what we get sick and tired about people on here bitching about the transfers coming in and even with the transfers Burg gets beat by 18 and like someone said without Holden having a great game they lose by 30+.

If everyone in SE Ohio is okay with just making the Regionals and then getting blown out by a recruited in AAU team then why play the game? We all know the caliber of players around here don’t come close to the amount of high talent players like HP, Africentric, Lutheran East, Grove City Christian and do on have to chose from. As long as those types of teams are continued to be allowed to put together, no SE Ohio team will ever make it out of the Regional.
Absolutely, CB helped in football tremendously, but I think basketball needs tweaked. Needing 6 kids to sit out half the season and then come in an play, tells me the whole story.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Time to get over yourself and move on!!

Those parents and kids at Harvest Prep transferred to HP for the same reason the kids in Scioto County transfer to Wheelersburg. They want a good education and they want a chance to play at a high caliber program. If that philosophy is good enough for the Wheelersburg community then it is good enough for their opponents. That philosophy is “OK” when it works in your favor but when it works against you .... “It’s just wrong”. This type attitude makes people and communities look foolish.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

CB needs tweeked for football and basketball. It's a start but the multiplier needs bumped up for both.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:53 pm

If everyone in SE Ohio is okay with just making the Regionals and then getting blown out by a recruited in AAU team then why play the game? We all know the caliber of players around here don’t come close to the amount of high talent players like HP, Africentric, Lutheran East, Grove City Christian and do on have to chose from. As long as those types of teams are continued to be allowed to put together, no SE Ohio team will ever make it out of the Regional.
LMAO, are you really using GCC as an example of private school talent accumulation run amok?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm Absolutely, CB helped in football tremendously, but I think basketball needs tweaked. Needing 6 kids to sit out half the season and then come in an play, tells me the whole story.
This was neither the case or an accurate representation of the facts. They have two transfers this season, and neither of the transfers are starters or primary rotation players.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:30 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm Absolutely, CB helped in football tremendously, but I think basketball needs tweaked. Needing 6 kids to sit out half the season and then come in an play, tells me the whole story.
This was neither the case or an accurate representation of the facts. They have two transfers this season, and neither of the transfers are starters or primary rotation players.
This is what I heard on radio, just restating. Plus Cavalier fan stated the first game back for these guys was against Chillicothe. Having said that you may want to look at last years roster compared to this year.

2016-17
Antwyan Reynolds (C)
PG Sr. 5-10 165
Shaylin Waugh (C)
SG Sr. 5-10 180
Soul Hines (C)
SG So. 6-3 170
Sean Peterson
SF Jr. 6-3 180
Zaviayre Johnson
SF Sr. 6-3 180
Jamaree Doe
PF So. 6-2 170
Elijah Danilets
SG Jr. 5-10 160
Javon Miller
SF So. 6-3 170
Avonti Duncan
PG So. 5-7 175
Christopher Anthony
SG Fr. 6-0 175
Claudio Penha (C)

2017-18
Ralph Robinson
PG Jr. 6-0
Isaiah Cumberland
SF Sr. 6-6
Christopher Anthony (C)
SG So. 6-0
Bryce Beavers
SG Jr. 6-1
Soul Hines (C)
SG Jr. 6-4
Sean Peterson
SG Sr. 6-3
Daniel Nyarko
SF Sr. 6-4
Andrew Tate
SF Jr. 6-5
Jamaree Doe
PF Jr. 6-2
Raymond Robertson
SG, G Jr. 6-2
Avonti Duncan
PG Jr. 5-8
Brandon Beavers
PG Jr. 6-2
Claudio Penha (C)
SF Sr. 6-6
Elijah Glenn

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:29 pm Time to get over yourself and move on!!

Those parents and kids at Harvest Prep transferred to HP for the same reason the kids in Scioto County transfer to Wheelersburg. They want a good education and they want a chance to play at a high caliber program. If that philosophy is good enough for the Wheelersburg community then it is good enough for their opponents. That philosophy is “OK” when it works in your favor but when it works against you .... “It’s just wrong”. This type attitude makes people and communities look foolish.
Sorry to respond slowly, the turd stuck in my toilet was more interesting than this reply.

It's way different, especially in basketball. You're foolish not to see it.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I looked at those rosters. Nothing indicates as to who played for the reserve last year versus who transferred in this year.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Lutheran East won D4 last year. Still alive at 13-13 this year in D3.

Last year they had 4 kids who started for them transfer in at the beginning of the school year. All four were from Cleveland area D1 schools. 4 different schools.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Lol!!! Thanks for proving my point. With your post, it can now be proven that people and communities look foolish! Lol!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:44 pm I looked at those rosters. Nothing indicates as to who played for the reserve last year versus who transferred in this year.
Cumberland and beavers were reserves last year?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:52 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:44 pm I looked at those rosters. Nothing indicates as to who played for the reserve last year versus who transferred in this year.
Cumberland and Glenn are transfers who had to sit. Beavers was there last year.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:52 pm
Cumberland was at Gahanna Lincoln last year and Beavers was at Grove City. Also Tate was at Walnut Ridge
Last edited by 4thgoal on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have no clue about the transfers that Prep has or does not have, but since so many seem to know would anyone post the following.
How many transfers
Where did they transfer from
What grade were they in, when they transferred to Prep.

For the record I wanted the Burg to win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”