Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Noitall
JV Team

Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by Noitall »

Who has better athletes and who wins this one?

I say Harvest by 20 plus.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by danicalifornia »

Burg probably has slightly better athletes as a whole, but HP will have similar athletes and better basketball players. I can definitely see Burg keeping it interesting.

But, HP also scored 86 points against a very good defensive team in Chillicothe who only gave up around 45 a game this year. Once they got their entire team together for the 2nd half of the year, they have been unreal. Excited to see how Burg fares against them.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

When harvest prep played chillicothe, it was their first game with all their players. They were beating their opponents by an average of 37 points prior to the chillicothe game . They only beat the Cavs 86-77. Prep shot over 60% for the game. Prep plays run and gun and fires up the 3’s. They are very good shooters and have good height. This could get ugly

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I thought Burg was miles better than Piketon and Piketon kept it interesting. (This game was closer than the actual final) If Burg plays like that vs HP...forget about it. Prep will win by 20

Making offers you can't refuse
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Prep too athletic for Burg. Prep by 15

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

Vito Corleone wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:02 pm I thought Burg was miles better than Piketon and Piketon kept it interesting. (This game was closer than the actual final) If Burg plays like that vs HP...forget about it. Prep will win by 20
Yeh right dude u have no clue what ur talking bout once coach holden started waving his arms to the crowd we all got pumped and whooped Piketon

If coach Holden is amped up again and comes to the crowd at timeouts again for us to get louder forget about it bc we will
Show harvest who we really are GO BURG!

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

I think Burg will be getting their track spikes out after this one! Harvest Prep by 20+!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I’ve seen Wheelersburg play one time- last night. Based on that game alone and what I’ve read about Harvest Prep, i think Harvest Prep wins. This is high school basketball, so anything can happen. Though i will say this...if a coach getting the crowd going is what it takes for Wheelersburg to win, could be a long night.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good season Burg.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just what kind of school is Harvest Prep? Where do their kids come from?

Burg will have to figure out a way to SLOW the game way down. I watched HP on youtube and they like to get up and down the floor. They didn't look very tall to me, just very quick.

Burg needs to shoot lights out and hit FT's. Sounded like they missed quite a few of them last night.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:46 am Just what kind of school is Harvest Prep? Where do their kids come from?

Burg will have to figure out a way to SLOW the game way down. I watched HP on youtube and they like to get up and down the floor. They didn't look very tall to me, just very quick.

Burg needs to shoot lights out and hit FT's. Sounded like they missed quite a few of them last night.
Everyone looks tiny on YouTube. Trust me they gave length and bring a pressure like you’ve not seen.

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

HP can drive it, shoot it, post it, stall it...can press you, man you, turn you over with relentless, and I do mean relentless pressure...they aren’t going to let WB guards catch their breathe out top...and when they take 5 guys out they bring five guys in as equally talented and athletic...then they start subbing guys 11-15! I’m serious! They are a dang small college team. As far as size, they have 1 player under 6 ft (their best guard), and 3-4 guys 6-6...it’s all game long! Saw them bring 6’6” guy in third quarter who hadn’t played all game and never missed a beat...was their 13 sub for the game!

Road to state title for WB...Harvest Prep, Oak Hill, Afrficentric, Cincinnati North College Hill....District Finals seem to have become the public school state finals.

Mash Potato
Waterboy

Post by Mash Potato »

If HP and other Cbus schools stay D3, nobody getting out of Regionals for awhile. D4 schools are so much more appealing now. And now more than ever. I wonder if Truitt will be on the move again. Maybe back to New Boston? Cox and Truitt are pretty tight.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

If you want to watch some videos on HP go to YouTube and type in “storied rivals harvest prep” and some games from this season should show up. They may even have their fame vs Bishop Ready on replay on Spectrum sports website. They are a handful and would be for any team in the SE. D4 is definitely easier now, would that take away from the legitimacy of going far? Not taking a side but I feel like that could be of debate. Either way it’s an accomplishment for any team right now to be playing.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

All you need to know about Harvest Prep is they a male enrollment of 73 and their Competitive Balance number is 120 for an adjusted enrollment of 193. They will not have 193 fans in the stands. I know a family that went thru the admissions process for a student not playing sports at Harvest Prep and it was a written application including a what can you do for school essay. Then their were 2 student interviews with admissions and 2 family interviews with admissions. Wonder how many of the boys basketball players had to go thru this process? Not judging or speculating.
Agree with BallDontLie if your school is playing basketball its a great accomplishment.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

BallDontLie wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:56 am If you want to watch some videos on HP go to YouTube and type in “storied rivals harvest prep” and some games from this season should show up. They may even have their fame vs Bishop Ready on replay on Spectrum sports website. They are a handful and would be for any team in the SE. D4 is definitely easier now, would that take away from the legitimacy of going far? Not taking a side but I feel like that could be of debate. Either way it’s an accomplishment for any team right now to be playing.
Take away from legitimacy? No I don’t think so. It would still be legit and would still mean a lot to small communities

Making offers you can't refuse
Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:12 am All you need to know about Harvest Prep is they a male enrollment of 73 and their Competitive Balance number is 120 for an adjusted enrollment of 193. They will not have 193 fans in the stands. I know a family that went thru the admissions process for a student not playing sports at Harvest Prep and it was a written application including a what can you do for school essay. Then their were 2 student interviews with admissions and 2 family interviews with admissions. Wonder how many of the boys basketball players had to go thru this process? Not judging or speculating.
Agree with BallDontLie if your school is playing basketball its a great accomplishment.
Competitive balance won't help the little guy until these types of schools are bumped to D1. We all know that's where Harvest Prep should be playing.

Good luck to Wheelersburg!

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Coming from oak hill ,lol

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The only thing that could take away the legitimacy of making it to the state tournament is doing something illegal to make it and then having the Title stripped.

Now that the Charter Schools have been moved up to D3 — you want to question the legitimacy of small schools advancing in Division 4? You need to look at the history of qualifying to the state and use the same barometer then on the D3 and D2 teams who made it to the state. 1989 — Wheelersburg and Chesapeake played in the Regional Finals. Ironton and Oak Hill played in a Regional Final in the last few years. There were some years when D3 got 3 teams to Regionals and would see 1 from the East District join them. Do you think they were legitimate?

This started in the mid to late 80s when Columbus Wehrle would cherrypick studs and beat Beaver Eastern in the Regionals. They arguably would have a tougher road than the AA teams sometimes.

Only usernames can take away the legitimacy of going to the state tournament.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

And the Regional brackets are liquid year to year.

What if the East district changes and they get 2 D3 teams to Regionals? Or if our SE District changes and we go back to getting 3 in the Regionals in D3? The Central District doesn’t always get a team into the Athens Regional. D2 this year is an example of that change. Our Regional is 2 from the Southeast and 2 from the East.

Wheelersburg is still playing —- lets leave the hypothetical transfer talk until they are at least done with this season.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Boys Basketball”