Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Lol!!! “We are the only ones that are allowed to use that philosophy! Everybody else cheats!” Lol!

People continue to prove my Point!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:24 pm Lol!!! “We are the only ones that are allowed to use that philosophy! Everybody else cheats!” Lol!

People continue to prove my Point!
Oh boy. People are losing comprehension. No one is cheating. Both teams are are legal within ohsaa rules, but one is a lot more glaring than the other at least in this sport it is.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Pickoff42 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:33 pmSo, again, what is it? "40%?"
30 football players last year did not live in the Wheelersburg district

30÷76 players on roster = 39.47% of roster lives out of district

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Urban wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Why don’t you give us the percentage of those 30 kids that have attended Wheelersburg well before football ever starts for those kids.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Where did you get your number from? How do you know Burg had 30 football players from out of the district? Wouldn’t that have jacked Burg’s CB number WAY up?????

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Where did you get your number from? How do you know Burg had 30 football players from out of the district? Wouldn’t that have jacked Burg’s CB number WAY up?????
Without looking at any CB numbers, that would make their CB a minimum of 30, with the likelihood of it being much, much higher. If you're out of the District, you're a minimum of +1.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

That’s what i thought. They have to be out of the District to be counted towards the CB number don’t they??

I tried to read the CB bylaws and it is very confusing.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

The football divisor is 2 so you have to divide the competitive balance number by 2 to see how many kids you are looking at. So Wheelersburg competitive balance is 30 so divide by 2 is 15 kids maximum. Could be less if the program has some 2 rating kids.
If a kid had been attending the school since before the 7th grade they get a 0 rating.
Entering the school district in 7th or 8th grade get a 1 rating.
Entering the school in 9th grade or higher is a 2 rating.

Add up your rosters rating and multiple the football divisor of 2.

Harvest Prep has a basketball competitive number of 120 with basketball by a divisor of 5. So up to 24 kids in the Harvest Prep basketball have entered the school since 7th grade.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

I'm not familiar with basketball competitive balance calculation which is different.

Wheelersburgs total boys enrollment was 175. That is all the boys in the school.

Their competitive balance number was 30. This number is just from players on the football roster.

Players that transfer before 7th grade count as 1.
Players that transfer after 7th count as 2.

So if all the current Wheelersburg players have went to Wheelersburg since elementary like you say then they had 30 players on the football team that do not live in the Wheelersburg district.

That made Wheelersburg the 11th most transfers in division 5, right up there with about any private D5 football school in the state.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Urban wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:44 pm I'm not familiar with basketball competitive balance calculation which is different.

Wheelersburgs total boys enrollment was 175. That is all the boys in the school.

Their competitive balance number was 30. This number is just from players on the football roster.

So if all the current Wheelersburg players have went to Wheelersburg since elementary like you say then they had 30 players on the football team that do not live in the Wheelersburg district.

That made Wheelersburg the 11th most transfers in division 5, right up there with about any private D5 football school in the state.
I believe that it is actually, before 7th is +1, so 2 overall. After 7th is +2, so 3 overall.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Urban wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:44 pm I'm not familiar with basketball competitive balance calculation which is different.

Correct, before 7th grade is +1 and after the first day of 7th grade is +2.

As far as enrollment goes, OHSAA only counts boys in grades 9-11 so they can use the count for 2 years. Wheelersburg male high school enrollment is in reality around 225.

The male and female enrollments of our member schools are used to determine OHSAA governance classifications (AAA, AA, A) and the OHSAA tournament divisions for each sport. The enrollment figures are based on the number of students in grades 9, 10 and 11 as of October 31, 2016. These numbers were provided by the Ohio Department of Education through their Education Management Information System (EMIS). After the enrollment numbers become final (see note below), the enrollment figures will be used to determine OHSAA tournament divisions for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 school years.

For the OHSAA tournament sports in which competitive balance will apply, the competitive balance roster will be added to the ODE base enrollment counts prior to the determination of tournament divisions for those sports.

http://www.ohsaa.org/school-resources/school-enrollment

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Wheelersburg has benefited from transfers, whether they arrived in middle school and/or high school. But if you look at a lot of teams that have competed for state championships around here, they've also had transfers or a major D1 university in its district which leads to talented sons of coaches playing for the high school.

I'll give an example from the school I graduated from. I can go back to Logan Elm going to the Final Four back in 2009 in boys basketball. The 2008 team was pretty good, all LE kids, and nearly upset eventual state champion Chillicothe in a district final. LE got two transfers in for the following season and it helped them to take the next step up.

I think what gives people the red --- are when the few cocky fans that exist within any fan base start disrespecting schools from around the area. They have the talent advantage and now they're flapping their gums. I think we can all benefit from remembering we're talking about high school athletics and there is to be more respect given.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

bman wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:59 pmI think what gives people the red --- are when the few cocky fans that exist within any fan base start disrespecting schools from around the area. They have the talent advantage and now they're flapping their gums. I think we can all benefit from remembering we're talking about high school athletics and there is to be more respect given.
Exactly.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Urban wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:49 pm
bman wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:59 pmI think what gives people the red --- are when the few cocky fans that exist within any fan base start disrespecting schools from around the area. They have the talent advantage and now they're flapping their gums. I think we can all benefit from remembering we're talking about high school athletics and there is to be more respect given.
Exactly.
I think what gets most fans red is when other fans jealous up and not credit hard work, support, and coaching to the success of a schools accomplishments but rather try to semantically say that the only reason for their success is the ability to lure athletes in lower grades to build their programs. Especially when they use vague language like transfer or recruiting without specific information. It truly is ridiculous notion.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:18 pm
Urban wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:49 pm
Exactly.
I think what gets most fans red is when other fans jealous up and not credit hard work, support, and coaching to the success of a schools accomplishments but rather try to semantically say that the only reason for their success is the ability to lure athletes in lower grades to build their programs. Especially when they use vague language like transfer or recruiting without specific information. It truly is ridiculous notion.
According to Urban all Wheelersburg does is poach other schools best players. He/she doesn’t want to accept the fact that all but 2 kids on the State Championship football team have gone to Wheelersburg since they were in elementary schools a majority having gone there their entire academic career. He/she is salty over the success Wheelersburg has had as a school and is looking for any opportunity to try to bring them down.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

I'm not sure what his motivation is, but his claims do seem to be backed up by numbers. If 30 players on Wheelersburgs football team do not live in the district that is a significant number no matter when they started school there. Most teams on Wheelersburgs schedule barely have 50 on a team

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Cato wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:25 pm I'm not sure what his motivation is, but his claims do seem to be backed up by numbers. If 30 players on Wheelersburgs football team do not live in the district that is a significant number no matter when they started school there. Most teams on Wheelersburgs schedule barely have 50 on a team

If Burg would have had 30 transfers on the team wouldn’t that have more than likely put them in DIV?

You do know Burg dresses there Freshman? I’d guess if those teams you mention dress there Freshman as well you could add 20+ to there roster.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Cato wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:25 pm I'm not sure what his motivation is, but his claims do seem to be backed up by numbers. If 30 players on Wheelersburgs football team do not live in the district that is a significant number no matter when they started school there. Most teams on Wheelersburgs schedule barely have 50 on a team
It does matter when the kid started at the school because if a kid has attended a school for their entire academic career you can’t be considered a transfer.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:40 pm

If Burg would have had 30 transfers on the team wouldn’t that have more than likely put them in DIV?
It would. With true transfers, those kids would be worth 2 instead of 1 and they would have a much higher # than 30.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Just because Burg's Cb number is 30, does not necessarily mean they have 30 transfers on the team. The kids are either tier 1 (+1) or tier 2 (+2) not both. It means Burg had between 15 and 30 open enrolled kids on last seasons roster, a combination of tier 1 and 2. To know the exact number contact their AD.
Last edited by icanpickem on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”