Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Noitall
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by Noitall »

Noitall wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:07 pm Who has better athletes and who wins this one?

I say Harvest by 20 plus.

Missed it by two ,in getting rusty
But then again I heard HP took the foot off the gas in the fourth

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Noitall wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:42 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:53 pm
mikepike wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 am I don't know that people are all jealous of the athletic success of Wheelersburg as much as they are tired of the pompousness of the Wheelersburg fans. I enjoy the overall discussion of the games before and after, but some of the remarks from people who have absolutely no outcome on the game are way over the top. Class is definitely needed by some down on the river.

You know what we get sick and tired about people on here bitching about the transfers coming in and even with the transfers Burg gets beat by 18 and like someone said without Holden having a great game they lose by 30+.

If everyone in SE Ohio is okay with just making the Regionals and then getting blown out by a recruited in AAU team then why play the game? We all know the caliber of players around here don’t come close to the amount of high talent players like HP, Africentric, Lutheran East, Grove City Christian and do on have to chose from. As long as those types of teams are continued to be allowed to put together, no SE Ohio team will ever make it out of the Regional.

Without them two transfers you don't get to Athens! They carried you in bball and fball because true burg Lil johnnies can't do it
Well take em :lol:

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Not to interrupt because I have no dog in the fight, but lumping Grove City Christian into the list of recruiting schools just sounds bitter to me. They’ve won one district ever and went 9-14 this season in a bad central district. Believe it or not most private schools don’t recruit. There are something like 12 private schools in D4 central district and none were great.

HP and some other private yes, but let’s not lump all of them. Grove City Christian made a magical run led by mostly home grown players much like a small public school.

But yes I feel your pain. As someone with an interest in a small central district school, I was more than happy to see Wellington, Africentric, and Harvest Prep leave. Everyone on this forum rightly gets a little upset about meeting them in regionals, but at least your schools can make it that far lol.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Snowman wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:55 pm Not to interrupt because I have no dog in the fight, but lumping Grove City Christian into the list of recruiting schools just sounds bitter to me. They’ve won one district ever and went 9-14 this season in a bad central district. Believe it or not most private schools don’t recruit. There are something like 12 private schools in D4 central district and none were great.

HP and some other private yes, but let’s not lump all of them. Grove City Christian made a magical run led by mostly home grown players much like a small public school.

But yes I feel your pain. As someone with an interest in a small central district school, I was more than happy to see Wellington, Africentric, and Harvest Prep leave. Everyone on this forum rightly gets a little upset about meeting them in regionals, but at least your schools can make it that far lol.
That is my bad on Grove City Christian. Was told they recruit and then seeing how they beat Harvest Prep last year in the tourney led me to believe they were caught up in the madness. Post has been edited

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

No worries! The school I have an interest in has less than 40 boys enrolled, none of them super athletic. So to have to face them or a similar cheating team every year was very frustrating!

I wouldn’t mind a private/public split, but putting those tiny non recruiting schools with the cheaters like Prep would lead to some pretty unfair games as well.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I never saw any stats from the game. Just how many three’s did HP hit last night

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

We needed the napkin stats.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Looks like they had 9 threes, which is probably right around their season average I would guess.

http://www.dispatch.com/section/search. ... Type=Teams

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:48 pm I never saw any stats from the game. Just how many three’s did HP hit last night
I would say their average.
They shot 63% from behind the arc against my cavaliers and ended with 11 threes. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:53 pm
mikepike wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 am I don't know that people are all jealous of the athletic success of Wheelersburg as much as they are tired of the pompousness of the Wheelersburg fans. I enjoy the overall discussion of the games before and after, but some of the remarks from people who have absolutely no outcome on the game are way over the top. Class is definitely needed by some down on the river.

You know what we get sick and tired about people on here bitching about the transfers coming in and even with the transfers Burg gets beat by 18 and like someone said without Holden having a great game they lose by 30+.

If everyone in SE Ohio is okay with just making the Regionals and then getting blown out by a recruited in AAU team then why play the game? We all know the caliber of players around here don’t come close to the amount of high talent players like HP, Africentric, Lutheran East, and do on have to chose from. As long as those types of teams are continued to be allowed to put together, no SE Ohio team will ever make it out of the Regional.
I do agree that until OHSAA develops a completely separate tournament for the private schools (who do in fact actively recruit the best prospects in their area) this will be an issue. Its the same in football, girl's basketball (Africentric is outstanding) as well as other sports.

They keep their enrollment down by only admitting kids who can have an instant impact on their athletics, thus staying in the smaller divisions as far as OHSAA is concerned.

Option 2 is to have them play up based on a multiplier as a private school (D2 plays D1 tourney, D3 plays D2 tourney, etc. and the D1 privates have their own tourney altogether) but I dont see the state ever doing that because the attendance of the D3-D5 privates to these games would be a skeleton crowd. We all know that with OHSAA, the money trumps everything else.

Graceland
Waterboy

Post by Graceland »

What about Wheelersburg 3 players from Green and 1 from Portsmouth on the team. I guess maybe you need a few more transfers. Quit your winning. What about the secret meeting for open enrollment they have also.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Graceland wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:44 pm What about Wheelersburg 3 players from Green and 1 from Portsmouth on the team. I guess maybe you need a few more transfers. Quit your winning. What about the secret meeting for open enrollment they have also.
Open enrollment meeting?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Graceland wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:44 pm What about Wheelersburg 3 players from Green and 1 from Portsmouth on the team. I guess maybe you need a few more transfers. Quit your winning. What about the secret meeting for open enrollment they have also.
Man now it’s not a secret anymore :lol:
I think the burg might keep on winning, nice first post though

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Anything solid on this or is it trolling this topic?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Lowery came from Portsmouth but who are the 3 players from Green?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:10 pm
Anything solid on this or is it trolling this topic?
Of course!! They are on the 5th Thursday following the 5th Monday of the month

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

I know nothing about the particulars of Wburg's situation, but I do know this: a good coach and success attracts. That's a different situation than a coach and school that recruits and/or selects talent. And drawing players from greater Cbus and greater southern Ohio is not the same thing. It's the difference between Lake Erie and Vesuvius Lake. FWIW.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Basketball is over so let’s move the complaining about transfers to Softball and Basball threads. At least we be in the current season...👍

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Why would Burg want to quit their "winning" everyone likes to win! :lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

I was told today that there has been quite the uprising because the families paying the taxes kids' are sitting while players coming from other districts are. Is this close?

That is one benefit from the CB number. It tells the truth.

Return to “Boys Basketball”