Pfloyd needs your support ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd needs your support ...

Post by pfloyd »

Nothing is wrong , I feel good healthwise - it is just THAT time again - the yearly CT scans/blood draws/oncologist appointment at OSU - The James ... I've posted before I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma in October of 2010 ... I had 4 years of intense treatments trying to stop the metastasis of the cancer - I've had my lungs resected , lymph nodes removed, nodules removed from my liver & lungs ... my final big surgery was 2 summers ago removing a foot of cancerous intestine ... napkin stats include: 43 days/nights in the James ... 4 separate immunotherapies ... high dosage interferon ... 65 leukine self injections ... a record for the most over night weight gain in one stay when treated with IL-2 ... gain of 31 lbs of water/fluid gain ... coded 1 time during that stay at OSU ... when first diagnosed the oncologist team gave me less than a 50% chance of making it through the year ... we ALL know that those kind of odds simply bring out the competitive spirit in a person ... I played sports in school ... I coached in HS for 20 years prior to getting sick ... don't tell me I DON'T have much of a chance LOL ... I'm still here 7 years later ...

... I know this is a busy time for the basketball faithful Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... if you could throw up a prayer or 12 for old pfloyd as he makes his way to C'bus tomorrow morning - it would be greatly appreciated ... last year cancer had NO chance as the entire Warren basketball team prayed with pfloyd in their locker room after a win vs Athens ... please ask the Head Coach to continue to give pfloyd more playing time - living Life is NOT overrated ... #cancersucks #manythanks2allofU

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd needs your support ...

Post by Ironman92 »

Prayers man. Prayers all is clear and good.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Prayers, you got this ! There’s more basketball 30.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Prayers coming your way!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Prayers for Pfloyd and family.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Nothing but love and support from the Little’s

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good luck wish you the best !

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Stay well and best wishes.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Prayers buddy

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Prayers from here

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Prayers from Waverly my friend! Nice to meet you at the Convo this year!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Prayers to you pfloyd. I know exactly what you’re going through. Last February the drs gave me one year. Well I’m one month past the one year and I have no intention to give up now. I’ve missed a lot of basketball this year ( chillicothe and Unioto fan) and struggle to last a whole game when I get the chance to attend a game. My cancer has metastasized to my bones throughout my body but my last bone scan showed no new growth since the 6 months after chemo ended. I remember reading all the updates pfloyd would post on his cancer these past few years and was happy things were getting better for him. And when I found out I had stage4 cancer , I was lost . My wife and I cried for hours. All I kept thinking about was my wife and 2 boys. As I’m sure pfloyd would agree, cancer changes everything in your life. You live day by day. So pfloyd , my hat is off to you for your courageous fight and here’s to many more years of your elite eight posts. If you see someone Thursday at the convo walking with my blue rollater, that would be me Feel free to stop and say hey

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

GOD Bless

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Prayers lifted up for you pfloyd

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Prayers to you Pfloyd.... best of luck !!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

Jeremiah 17:14

Sending thoughts and prayers to you and Mrs. pfloyd. Cancer is a (fill in the blank). It can be beat!!! Stay POSITIVE...Bob

And to others who might be battling cancer...I pray for all of you!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Stay mentally strong and positive !!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:23 pm Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

Jeremiah 17:14

Sending thoughts and prayers to you and Mrs. pfloyd. Cancer is a (fill in the blank). It can be beat!!! Stay POSITIVE...Bob

And to others who might be battling cancer...I pray for all of you!
May God bless you and give comfort and strength.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Bronc21 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:09 pm Prayers to you pfloyd. I know exactly what you’re going through. Last February the drs gave me one year. Well I’m one month past the one year and I have no intention to give up now. I’ve missed a lot of basketball this year ( chillicothe and Unioto fan) and struggle to last a whole game when I get the chance to attend a game. My cancer has metastasized to my bones throughout my body but my last bone scan showed no new growth since the 6 months after chemo ended. I remember reading all the updates pfloyd would post on his cancer these past few years and was happy things were getting better for him. And when I found out I had stage4 cancer , I was lost . My wife and I cried for hours. All I kept thinking about was my wife and 2 boys. As I’m sure pfloyd would agree, cancer changes everything in your life. You live day by day. So pfloyd , my hat is off to you for your courageous fight and here’s to many more years of your elite eight posts. If you see someone Thursday at the convo walking with my blue rollater, that would be me Feel free to stop and say hey
... (((hug))) Bronc21 ... you are in my prayers my friend ... the struggle is real, the thoughts of family going on without you/me are real ... I wish you the best in your fight ... I thank you for your support over my struggle/fight as well ... battles are MEANT to be won ! sports prepares us for ALL of those battles in LIFE ... being IN the battle counts , putting self on the line counts, taking loss as a learning experience counts ... fighting the battle for your life - counts - being able to draw on those competitive moments - priceless in winning LIFE's battles ... YOU are in my prayers my friend ...

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

Thoughts and prayers for you!! I've only met you once but you're definitely my favorite poster on SEO Preps, especially during basketball season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”