Division 3 Regional Semifinals (Oak Hill v Garaway and Burg v Prep) Info and Update Thread

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Division 3 Regional Semifinals (Oak Hill v Garaway and Burg v Prep) Info and Update Thread

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Noitall wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:27 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 pm I've always said and I will continue to say. It's BS that public schools have to play private schools in the playoffs. Nothin u can do when your playin a bought team. Still proud of my pirates
Crybaby,maybe we cam take up a collection and buy you a participation trophy you sounds like your brother band member go spend you flags

You have 2 kids that SORT from orhwr schools get over it
JJ might be a transfer but cole lives in burg

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BallDontLie
JV Team

Re: Division 3 Regional Semifinals (Oak Hill v Garaway and Burg v Prep) Info and Update Thread

Post by BallDontLie »

4:24 left in 4th Lutheran East 52-45 Triway
1:53 left in 4th Madeira 64-53 NCH.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:29 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 pm I've always said and I will continue to say. It's BS that public schools have to play private schools in the playoffs. Nothin u can do when your playin a bought team. Still proud of my pirates
Crybaby,maybe we cam take up a collection and buy you a participation trophy you sounds like your brother band member go spend you flags

JJ might be a transfer but cole lives in burg
Told you. You’re wasting your breath on these people. They can’t stand winners. Jealousy is a disease

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

BallDontLie wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 pm 4:24 left in 4th Lutheran East 52-45 Triway
1:53 left in 4th Madeira 64-53 NCH.
Thanks BallDontLie

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Lutheran East 56
Triway 54

1:20 to go

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Harvest prep is really good. I think they win it all. Very talented.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

wobycat wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 pm Harvest prep is really good. I think they win it all. Very talented.
Sure looks that way

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Defending D4 state champ Lutheran East wins 60-57 over Triway

Real Time
Freshman Team

Post by Real Time »

Archbold 72
OG 66

2:11 in the 4th

Real Time
Freshman Team

Post by Real Time »

Archbold 78
OG 68

Final

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I wanted to see Holden man up and he sure did. Wow, he showed me the best performance I have seen all year from a SE District player

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Just got home and wanted to thank everyone for the updates and their efforts on this thread.

Madeira defeated North College Hill 70-56

Note on the Deer Park win over Purcell Marian from earlier tonight: Deer Park was 28-37 from the line.
Purcell Marian was 28-53. 90 foul shots in a Regional Semifinal game. 1 OT.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Region 9
Canton Central Catholic 39 Leavittsburg Labrae 36
Lutheran East 60 Triway 57

Region 10
Africentric 62 Carey 40
Archbold 78 Ottawa Glandorf 68

Region 11
Sugarcreek Garaway 52 Oak Hill 39
Harvest Prep 78 Wheelersburg 60

Region 12
Deer Park 81 Purcell Marian 70 OT
Madeira 70 North College Hill 56
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Congratulations pirates on a great season. We exceeded expectations this year from where we started out with a jr a few Sophs and a boatload of freshmen due to football to where we ended up as district champs and going toe to toe with the #1 team in the state. Great job by everyone envolved but have to say this about tanner Holden. Tonite he was the best player on the floor imo most outstanding player of the tournament. Future is bright with 4 kids back that played lots of minutes a a freshman class that looks to develop between now and next year. I haven't seen many of the remaining teams left in the tournament but I don't know if I see anyone beating harvest prep. Definitely all they were made out to be.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Talking to one of HP fans after the game, they are concerned about Africentric, who they would meet in the State semi if they both win Saturday.

Lutheran East is also the defending DIV champ so don't count them out.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yeah and look, Burg still couldn't hang with a school that had 6 transfers that had to sit out the first twelve games, so if you are okay with HP bringing in transfers then how in the HELL can you knock on any team around here bringing transfers in and still not being able to compete?

Burg would have nowhere to put a participation trophy anyways. Have you seen the trophy cases in the hallways by the gym? Quite full with a few of them being State Championship trophies!!! How many does the school you follow have??? Hell, Burg had som many trophies a few years ago they were tryling to sell off some of them. LOL

Sportsnut
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut »

Lucas, thanks for the updates on all the games at the Convo. Looking forward to your updates the rest of the week.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

You are welcome.

I will not be in Athens tonight. I can do the updates for the Unioto game though for sure but might need help on a way to listen to the Fairland game.

Definitely going up Friday for Peebles v Hiland.

Saturday is wait and see. South Dakota St might have something to do with it!!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:13 am

Yeah and look, Burg still couldn't hang with a school that had 6 transfers that had to sit out the first twelve games, so if you are okay with HP bringing in transfers then how in the HELL can you knock on any team around here bringing transfers in and still not being able to compete?

Burg would have nowhere to put a participation trophy anyways. Have you seen the trophy cases in the hallways by the gym? Quite full with a few of them being State Championship trophies!!! How many does the school you follow have??? Hell, Burg had som many trophies a few years ago they were tryling to sell off some of them. LOL
No one with a brain would complain about transfers. It HAS to be done in HS basketball to win ships these days. Period end of story. My 2008 Cavalier ship winners had transfers. Kellough went and got chambers from Cincinnati. Everyone that wins a state title does it at D3 or higher.

Real Time
Freshman Team

Post by Real Time »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:06 am Talking to one of HP fans after the game, they are concerned about Africentric, who they would meet in the State semi if they both win Saturday.

Lutheran East is also the defending DIV champ so don't count them out.
Africentric was very athletic but didn't shoot the ball very well at all. Most of the night it was layups and dunks forced by good ball pressure. They pressed the whole game, went about 9 deep on the rotation, won most 50-50 balls, and had a lot of 2nd chance points.

Return to “Boys Basketball”