D4 Regional Finals (Peebles v Hiland) Info and update Thread

indianabuck
All State

Re: D4 Regional Finals (Peebles v Hiland) Info and update Thread

Post by indianabuck »

With Marion Local advancing to state it looks like, it throws the whole football school concept right out the window.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Check you guys tomorrow....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

D1. Moeller 43 Wayne 34. After 3.

Marion Local 62. Fort Loramie 47. F

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Hiland 63 Peebles 31
Cornerstone 72 Mansfield St Peters 56

Pandora Gilboa 70 Crestview 58
Marion Local 62 Fort Loramie 47

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Hiland vs Cornerstone will be interesting because the Hawks are on a roll but Cornerstone will have probably the best player on the floor in Michael Bothwell. Kid won a state championship as a sophomore and he played extremely well that year at the state tournament with games of 30 and 14 so he will have the experience.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Moeller beat Wayne 65-53 as well.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

Cornerstone is a heavy favorite in D4

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

Marion Local returned everyone from a D3 Regional finalist a year ago. Not surprising that they're in Columbus, particularly with the drop to D4

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:04 pm Nothing much to say...

Great season Peebles!!

Congrats to Hiland!!
Wow is right. Best shooting team I have ever seen . Unbelievable % on the night. Hats off. After middle of second quarter, no sure if Hiland mis over a couple the rest of the night. Good year Indians. Let's get out the ballgloves and cleats. Thanks everyone for the support.
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thanks for The Moeller Score!

I’m just getting back to the Metropolis of South Webster.

Later I will construct a thread for the 11 remaining Finals tomorrow.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 pm Troyer brothers went 11/14 from 3

Holy Moses.

Those of you who watched...who would you compare their games to that we’ve seen in the SE over the years?
They were awsomeI have never seen a team shoot that well. The young one hit Four in a row to end first half. Then the other one burried us second half.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Well I guess I'm kinda happy. My cousins team Pandora won.

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:12 pm Hiland is a very hot team right now! They are playing great basketball. The school and community is use to the big stage so good luck moving forward.

Peebles and Coach Arey is a great example of Southern Ohio basketball. They do things right. It’s unfortunately the score got away from them but GREAT season.
Setting aside the one magical season thing that sometimes happens, I have the sense that a coach and a program grows into being a consistent district, regional, and state contender. The coach learns thru failure until he finally gets over the hump and wins a district, then you take your lumps until you learn how to win a regional and then the same thing at State. Each level has its own environment and quality of teams. The coach that has been through all the levels has a big advantage over one who hasn't in terms of areas like scouting, preparation, motivation, managing time, etc. I wouldnt swear that's gospel, but I have seen plenty of coaches grow into success thru that process.

I said that to encourage Peebles that as unpleasant as tonight was, it may be the thing that leads to happier nights at a regional in the future. FWIW.

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:34 pm
IVCguy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:31 pm Hiland will be late. Horse and buggy takes some time. 😀
If you don’t think Peebles area doesn’t have an Amish community and multiple Amish stores...you’d be mistaken.
I bet we have more. Not sure that wins us anything tho. Lol.

DKing
Waterboy

Post by DKing »

Congrats on a great season Peebles.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

IVCguy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:13 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:12 pm Hiland is a very hot team right now! They are playing great basketball. The school and community is use to the big stage so good luck moving forward.

Peebles and Coach Arey is a great example of Southern Ohio basketball. They do things right. It’s unfortunately the score got away from them but GREAT season.
Setting aside the one magical season thing that sometimes happens, I have the sense that a coach and a program grows into being a consistent district, regional, and state contender. The coach learns thru failure until he finally gets over the hump and wins a district, then you take your lumps until you learn how to win a regional and then the same thing at State. Each level has its own environment and quality of teams. The coach that has been through all the levels has a big advantage over one who hasn't in terms of areas like scouting, preparation, motivation, managing time, etc. I wouldnt swear that's gospel, but I have seen plenty of coaches grow into success thru that process.

I said that to encourage Peebles that as unpleasant as tonight was, it may be the thing that leads to happier nights at a regional in the future. FWIW.
Top 10 post. Good lesson for winners and how to post afterwards

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

IVCguy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Congrats Hawks. I and everyone else knew this could happen ,but; I have never seen a team shoot that well. Hats off. My Indians Started off the season with Three players who had played any varsity basketball. Our Center Blake Hawes played basketball in the eighth grade and this year. That's it. The Ball boy played only this year.We had no Juniors. The rest are sophmores and freshman.We were picked to be about 500 ballclub.Coach Arey took this ragtag group and won their small school Shac league title,the sectional, the district and to the finals of the regional.A 20+ win season. Great season Berlin Hiland and good luck next week. I'm so proud of our Indians and the season they had. Hopefully we have lit a fire that will spur the future Indians to bigger and better things.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

After this learning experience for the Indians I will say that we hands down had a huge crowd tonight. 3/4 of the arena I believe we're Peebles sea of red and white. Love our fan base. Thanks for the ride Peebles.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

DKing wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:56 pm Congrats on a great season Peebles.
Thanks! We ran into a buzzsaw. Baseball time now.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

And so is Fairland.

Return to “Boys Basketball”