D4 Regional Finals (Peebles v Hiland) Info and update Thread

Post by LucasDavenport »

All Division 4 Regional Finals are Friday, 3/16 at 7:00

————————————————————————————

Region 15 Athens.

Peebles (22-5) vs #8 Hiland (21-5)

Region 13 Canton

#9 Cornerstone Christian (19-7) vs #1 Mansfield St Peters (27-0)

Region 14 Bowling Green

Pandora-Gilboa (25-1) vs Convoy Crestview (23-3)

Region 16 Kettering

#4 Fort Loramie (25-2) vs Marion Local (22-4)

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D4 Regional Finals (Peebles v Hiland) Info and update Thread

Post by Ironman92 »

I may sabotage this thread like that little gremlin in the bugs bunny cartoon where he’s piloting the airplane.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

My life would be complete if My Indians would get to play my Cousins team Pandora. Good luck Indians.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Peebles vs Pandora would be a State Championship game so it would indeed be special.

I also think The First game on Thursday is a special thing and The Region 15 Champion plays The Region 13 Champion in that time slot. The fact it’s at 10:45 also allows the players to get up and go play without sitting around all day and thinking about it.

Roughly 4% of The Teams who began The Tournament are still playing and to be in that 4% is pretty cool.

This team and these players will be spoken about for at least a few generations. They are also influencing the next group as a Tournament Run will show them that it’s important to the community and it’s possible to accomplish.

I cannot wait to watch this one tomorrow evening.

Hoopie74 — sleep well and enjoy the day tomorrow.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

LD...how ya doing on picks? I'm 15-1 after Thurs. Lost on San Diego St. Have a great day!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Whoops forgot

GO PEEBLES!!!!!!!!!! Represent the SE...give all you got and then give more!

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Good luck Peebles Indians from the clay Panthers. The excitement that it creates for our small schools is incredible. Enjoy the moment and bring home the championship.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I'm going to take a stab at this and say

Hiland
Cornerstone
Crestview
MS Marion Local

Making offers you can't refuse
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:21 am Peebles vs Pandora would be a State Championship game so it would indeed be special.

I also think The First game on Thursday is a special thing and The Region 15 Champion plays The Region 13 Champion in that time slot. The fact it’s at 10:45 also allows the players to get up and go play without sitting around all day and thinking about it.

Roughly 4% of The Teams who began The Tournament are still playing and to be in that 4% is pretty cool.

This team and these players will be spoken about for at least a few generations. They are also influencing the next group as a Tournament Run will show them that it’s important to the community and it’s possible to accomplish.

I cannot wait to watch this one tomorrow evening.

Hoopie74 — sleep well and enjoy the day tomorrow.
Didn't sleep at all last night.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Gold and Blue wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:38 am Good luck Peebles Indians from the clay Panthers. The excitement that it creates for our small schools is incredible. Enjoy the moment and bring home the championship.
Thanks Gold and Blue

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:16 am Whoops forgot

GO PEEBLES!!!!!!!!!! Represent the SE...give all you got and then give more!
Thanks!!!!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Good Luck Peebles!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Hoppie74: All the best to your Indians. I will be there around 6:30 and hope to see you and your whole community. Lots of red in the Convo tonight!

IVCguy — if you make it to Athens then give us a shout.

I had The Go Bus pick up OHHS old timer last night but he insisted on smoking his cigars on the way up so they came back up without him.

Should be a good one tonight!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:19 pm Good Luck Peebles!
Thanks!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 pm Hoppie74: All the best to your Indians. I will be there around 6:30 and hope to see you and your whole community. Lots of red in the Convo tonight!

I had The Go Bus pick up OHHS old timer last night but he insisted on smoking his cigars on the way up so they came back up without him.

Well, there you go again...lol. Will try to chime in but, have a previous commitment I gotta do.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 pm Hoppie74: All the best to your Indians. I will be there around 6:30 and hope to see you and your whole community. Lots of red in the Convo tonight!

There will be alot of Red And White. 4:00 the team heads out. Go Indians play defense with your feet and take it two handed to the square.

indianalum88
Waterboy

Post by indianalum88 »

Good luck fellas. Roll Tribe!!!!!

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

I won't be there. Gotta be at work 8 AM Saturday morning. It's 3 1/2 hours drive from here to there. The math doesn't work for old Pop Pop. Lol.

I will be listening tho.

I don't know that much about Peebles. I read some articles and watched a little video. Obviously a very nice team and well-coached.

This Hiland team isn't nearly as talented as the teams we have seen here. 2011 and 2012, and even 2006 and 2007 had some superior talent. These Hawks are a team, and in a team sport like basketball, that comes in pretty handy. They were 6-5 in January and haven't lost since. They found it, whatever "it" is. My guess is that they figured out that their identity started with defense and that they would be a guard oriented team, and the players all accepted their roles and played together.

The team that beats them, I would guess, will be more talented than they are or will have multiple talented bigs that they can't defend. Or some team just plays better on a given night. Excited to see what Peebles has for them.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Great post IVCguy. Hoopie74 — you too.

My goal for these update threads was to gather info from around the state while giving updates on the games in Athens. It seems we have been able to enjoy ourselves and make a few friends along the way.

And then to see others post scores from the other Regional sites and to truly make these a place where people can find quality information—- that’s been amazing

There are 4 games tonight in D4 and 1 game tonight in D1 at the Cintas Center at Xavier. #2 Moeller vs #3 Wayne — no biggie. The other D1 and D2 Finals are tomorrow afternoon and the D3 Finals are tomorrow evening.

I’m hoping this one is special in Athens tonight. I’m rooting for Peebles for 2 reasons. They are from the SE and they’ve never been there. And there’s nothing like the first one.

Team Peebles vs Team Fundamental.

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

From the Hiland perspective I would key in on Andy Miller vs. Arey when Peebles has the ball. Andy is an elite defender - gets in his opponent's business, stays there all night, and disrupts an offense in the process. If Arey can win that battle that will be key for Peebles. If Andy wins, Hiland wins.

Return to “Boys Basketball”