D3 Semi Final - Africentric 54 Harvest Prep 52

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

D3 Semi Final - Africentric 54 Harvest Prep 52

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like Harvest Prep met their match on the Recruiting Circuit.

Final

Africentric ---- 54
Harvest Prep - 52

art_vandelay
SE

Re: D3 Semi Final - Africentric 54 Harvest Prep 52

Post by art_vandelay »

Lol...I'm sure the 46 fans in attendance made for a great atmosphere. This is what the OHSAA state tourney basketball has become.*

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

To my surprise both Africentric and Harvest Prep probably had about 500 fans each. Deer Park driving 2hours to game brings the largest D3 crowd with about 750 fans.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go public school :lol:

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The game was actually a pretty good game, for what it's worth. But yeah, the crowd wasn't so great. Better than expected, but not good by any means.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Only watched the last 6 minutes since that's when I realized it was on TV. Besides the weird turnover by AC with 30 seconds left, I really enjoyed what I watched. If I'm home on Saturday, I'll definitely be watching the final. Bumgardner is outstanding.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

By the score, it sounds like it was a really good game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:38 am Only watched the last 6 minutes since that's when I realized it was on TV. Besides the weird turnover by AC with 30 seconds left, I really enjoyed what I watched. If I'm home on Saturday, I'll definitely be watching the final. Bumgardner is outstanding.
I realize that this is not a popular opinion; but, of the 20-something games that I have seen at the Convo in the last four or five years, I have always enjoyed the HP-Africentric games played there. Don't really care about the crowd that people make an issue of. Instead, I've always enjoyed seeing the trap and press both teams employ. Usually, when I catch HP play they are usually against a school that doesn't have a whole lot of height or athleticism. When they play Africentric, though, it is like two titans playing. Bates of AC and Dennis of HP are two of the best in the game, full stop. Iron against iron. I realize that HP and Africentric may not play the brand of basketball that some people prefer to watch, but one thing for certain is that every kid on the court in that game is a strong, seasoned and talented player.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:41 am
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:38 am Only watched the last 6 minutes since that's when I realized it was on TV. Besides the weird turnover by AC with 30 seconds left, I really enjoyed what I watched. If I'm home on Saturday, I'll definitely be watching the final. Bumgardner is outstanding.
I realize that this is not a popular opinion; but, of the 20-something games that I have seen at the Convo in the last four or five years, I have always enjoyed the HP-Africentric games played there. Don't really care about the crowd that people make an issue of. Instead, I've always enjoyed seeing the trap and press both teams employ. Usually, when I catch HP play they are usually against a school that doesn't have a whole lot of height or athleticism. When they play Africentric, though, it is like two titans playing. Bates of AC and Dennis of HP are two of the best in the game, full stop. Iron against iron. I realize that HP and Africentric may not play the brand of basketball that some people prefer to watch, but one thing for certain is that every kid on the court in that game is a strong, seasoned and talented player.
Harvest Prep sold more pre-sale tickets at the Convo than 6 of the SE District teams did and outsold 1 SE DIII Regional teams did.

Return to “Boys Basketball”