2018/19 TVC Hocking

basketball12349
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:37 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by basketball12349 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:37 am

Truth&fiction wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:41 pm
Barber1973 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:25 pm
Gotta ask what tape measure u r using to get Markins 6'4"
I saw Markins in street clothes last year and I would say he is a legit 6'4. I do not think he played much last year due to and injury ( I could be wrong )He is one of those players that with confidence can be a game changer. Tough kid . I for one think the Spartans can be a tough team so do not take them lightly. Could challenge Athens for the Ohio . They have size and speed . Shooting might be an issue but i do not think they will rely on the 3 ball. I will try and catch a couple of their games . Mostly because of their potential.
Shooting an issue? This must have been a typo. You must not have come to many of their games last year. With Kam, JK, Kaleb, Dalton, Stone can shoot but not his main game.



User avatar
Fonzie
All State
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by Fonzie » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:39 pm

basketball12349 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:30 am
Maroon2018 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 pm
Let's not forget Fed Hock. They will have 4 returning starters from last season.
Massie 6'3" sophomore
Smith 6'0" sophomore
Jarvis 6'0" sophomore
Russell 6'5" junior
And the fifth starter will probably be a toss up
Y'all have to stop with this smack talk with Fed HAHA. It's Fed Hock. It doesn't matter how many returns they have or how their new coach is. They will always be bad. No matter what. You guys still need to remember that it's Fed Hock.
By no means am I saying Fed will win the league. But you might be showing your youth if you think Fed has always been known for losing. Fact is, Fed was at one point in time, a powerhouse in most sports. It wasn't until 2010 or there about that the district really started to struggle. Hopefully there is an alumni base that can help get behind the new coach and bring this program back to a competitive nature. Sounds like there could be some puzzle pieces in place to make this happen. Truth is, if all the Hocking teams are competitive, its only good for the league.



Truth&fiction
Varsity
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by Truth&fiction » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:15 pm

basketball12349 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:37 am
Truth&fiction wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:41 pm
Barber1973 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:25 pm
Gotta ask what tape measure u r using to get Markins 6'4"
I saw Markins in street clothes last year and I would say he is a legit 6'4. I do not think he played much last year due to and injury ( I could be wrong )He is one of those players that with confidence can be a game changer. Tough kid . I for one think the Spartans can be a tough team so do not take them lightly. Could challenge Athens for the Ohio . They have size and speed . Shooting might be an issue but i do not think they will rely on the 3 ball. I will try and catch a couple of their games . Mostly because of their potential.
Shooting an issue? This must have been a typo. You must not have come to many of their games last year. With Kam, JK, Kaleb, Dalton, Stone can shoot but not his main game.
My apology about the shooting typo . I should have not included that . They should be a very good team if they can knock down the 3s consistantly . They might even win the Ohio or at least compete . Still want to catch a couple games , mostly because of their potential.



Maroon2018
Freshman Team
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:27 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by Maroon2018 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 pm

basketball12349 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:32 am
Maroon2018 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:21 pm
basketball12349 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:30 am


Y'all have to stop with this smack talk with Fed HAHA. It's Fed Hock. It doesn't matter how many returns they have or how their new coach is. They will always be bad. No matter what. You guys still need to remember that it's Fed Hock.
Just because Fed had a few bad seasons, does not make this team bad. This team was not in high school when they were down. Actually, this team snapped a losing streak, might I add, they did it with 3 starting freshmen and a sophomore. They have talent (finally) and everyone will see a difference this season and the next couple seasons. Just wait. Do you know the accomplishments a player from Fed had last season? Let me break it down. Freshmen Massie, played in the Columbus showcase, got all district 13 honors, received all tvc honors, broke a Fed record by dropping 8 three balls in a half against Belpre. There were only 3 boys from the TVC to go to Columbus in April. Two coming from Athens and the other from Fed. By the time the sophomores are juniors and seniors, they will have alot of experience at the varsity level. They are gonna prove all the negative folks wrong and when they do, what team will get all the criticism then?
You must be joking if you think Massie is 6'3" and Russel 6'5". Rollovers.
No. No joking. Stating the facts!!! Russell grew one inch from last season and Massie grew two.



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by VetteMan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Fonzie wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 am
Meigs will be extremely tough this year. New coach and some new life to the program. Coach Hill coached these kids several years back before going to Eastern. The kids are excited to have him at the helm.
Was the Bartrum boy a Senior last year?



Reds Fan
Freshman Team
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by Reds Fan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 am

VetteMan wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 pm
Fonzie wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 am
Meigs will be extremely tough this year. New coach and some new life to the program. Coach Hill coached these kids several years back before going to Eastern. The kids are excited to have him at the helm.
Was the Bartrum boy a Senior last year?
no he's a senior this year I believe



RVRaiderFan
All Conference
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:12 pm
Location: Bidwell, Ohio
Contact:

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by RVRaiderFan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 am

I truly believe that River Valley will be greatly improved this year. I dont know if you will see it in wins/losses, but I do believe you will see a totally different product on the court with Coach Bostic and Coach Sheets in charge! Go Raiders!!



basketball12349
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:37 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by basketball12349 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 am

Maroon2018 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 pm
basketball12349 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:32 am
Maroon2018 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:21 pm


Just because Fed had a few bad seasons, does not make this team bad. This team was not in high school when they were down. Actually, this team snapped a losing streak, might I add, they did it with 3 starting freshmen and a sophomore. They have talent (finally) and everyone will see a difference this season and the next couple seasons. Just wait. Do you know the accomplishments a player from Fed had last season? Let me break it down. Freshmen Massie, played in the Columbus showcase, got all district 13 honors, received all tvc honors, broke a Fed record by dropping 8 three balls in a half against Belpre. There were only 3 boys from the TVC to go to Columbus in April. Two coming from Athens and the other from Fed. By the time the sophomores are juniors and seniors, they will have alot of experience at the varsity level. They are gonna prove all the negative folks wrong and when they do, what team will get all the criticism then?
You must be joking if you think Massie is 6'3" and Russel 6'5". Rollovers.
No. No joking. Stating the facts!!! Russell grew one inch from last season and Massie grew two.
WOAH one inch?!? No way!!! He's for sure going to win the games for them this year! Wow! Nice!



basketball12349
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:37 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by basketball12349 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:31 am

Fonzie wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:39 pm
basketball12349 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:30 am
Maroon2018 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 pm
Let's not forget Fed Hock. They will have 4 returning starters from last season.
Massie 6'3" sophomore
Smith 6'0" sophomore
Jarvis 6'0" sophomore
Russell 6'5" junior
And the fifth starter will probably be a toss up
Y'all have to stop with this smack talk with Fed HAHA. It's Fed Hock. It doesn't matter how many returns they have or how their new coach is. They will always be bad. No matter what. You guys still need to remember that it's Fed Hock.
By no means am I saying Fed will win the league. But you might be showing your youth if you think Fed has always been known for losing. Fact is, Fed was at one point in time, a powerhouse in most sports. It wasn't until 2010 or there about that the district really started to struggle. Hopefully there is an alumni base that can help get behind the new coach and bring this program back to a competitive nature. Sounds like there could be some puzzle pieces in place to make this happen. Truth is, if all the Hocking teams are competitive, its only good for the league.
Yeah you are 100% right. They will go 5-17 MAX



User avatar
Logangrad
All Conference
Posts: 953
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Logan; the South Side

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by Logangrad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:31 am

Fed does have some nice talent speaking from experience but I think they may be a year away. I would think the goal is to improve drastically this year and next year could be the big year. The pg spot will be the biggest question imo. Lots of solid young players to pick from but no varsity experience. Whoever it is needs to grow up fast and take care of the ball.
Best of luck to the Lancers.


Live Like A Champion!

Maroon2018
Freshman Team
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:27 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by Maroon2018 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:56 pm

basketball12349 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 am
Maroon2018 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 pm
basketball12349 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:32 am


You must be joking if you think Massie is 6'3" and Russel 6'5". Rollovers.
No. No joking. Stating the facts!!! Russell grew one inch from last season and Massie grew two.
WOAH one inch?!? No way!!! He's for sure going to win the games for them this year! Wow! Nice!
Low blow on a kid. That's real adult like!!!!



JC2124
Riding the Bench
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:34 pm

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by JC2124 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Don’t feed the troll Maroon2018. Fed will be much improved this year. I think Logangrad is correct. We are a year away from being really good. I can’t wait!!



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by VetteMan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 pm

I'm not that familiar with some of the teams or the players. What grade is the Terry boy from Alexander in?



ShoeHorn
JV Team
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by ShoeHorn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:43 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 pm
I'm not that familiar with some of the teams or the players. What grade is the Terry boy from Alexander in?
11th



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by VetteMan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:07 am

ShoeHorn wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:43 pm
VetteMan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 pm
I'm not that familiar with some of the teams or the players. What grade is the Terry boy from Alexander in?
11th
Thank you! I think Alexander will be pretty good this year. I wish they would involve him in there offense a little more.



basketball12349
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:37 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by basketball12349 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:26 am

VetteMan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 pm
I'm not that familiar with some of the teams or the players. What grade is the Terry boy from Alexander in?
I think he is a sophomore or a junior. Not sure. He is one of those. He should make some noise though. He was fun to watch last year.



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by VetteMan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:06 pm

I don't know how many kids they lost to graduation last year, but with him and the way they love to shoot the 3, they will be very hard to beat most nights. They are also very hard to beat on there home floor.



Chieftain Fan
Varsity
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:35 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by Chieftain Fan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:06 pm
I don't know how many kids they lost to graduation last year, but with him and the way they love to shoot the 3, they will be very hard to beat most nights. They are also very hard to beat on there home floor.
I agree with you with the returning shooters and size they should be a very good team . They have the luxery of the Big MAN . Hard to discount someone 6'11. Heck lets just call him 7' .



vcgrad
Riding the Bench
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:48 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by vcgrad » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 am

I don't think Alex will go to far--they have the talent---I think they need to move on and get a new coach.



Homie Chadwell
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 am

Re: TVC Hocking and Ohio predictions

Post by Homie Chadwell » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Maroon2018 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:05 pm
danicalifornia wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:36 pm
Maroon2018 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 pm
I think I'm gonna get some criticism for this one, but.....I think Fed from the hocking side will be 4th or better at the end of the season.
Weren’t they really young last year and while they only won a couple, were at least in a lot of games? That doesn’t sound terribly far fetched to me. I hope they prove you right.

Athens looked really solid at OU this weekend, they’ll be a tough team this winter.
Yeah. They took Waterford to overtime. Took Belpre and Trimble to the wire. Had 3 freshmen and a sophomore. At all games, 2 of the 3 freshmen and the sophomore started. I think it's gonna be an interesting season for them. Might not be this year, but I think within in the next couple seasons, they could possibly win the TVC hocking.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.....bottom line....when you get back on that bus to leave Glouster you will be going home a loser.



Maroon2018
Freshman Team
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:27 am

Re: TVC Hocking and Ohio predictions

Post by Maroon2018 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:44 am

Homie Chadwell wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:47 pm
Maroon2018 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:05 pm
danicalifornia wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:36 pm


Weren’t they really young last year and while they only won a couple, were at least in a lot of games? That doesn’t sound terribly far fetched to me. I hope they prove you right.

Athens looked really solid at OU this weekend, they’ll be a tough team this winter.
Yeah. They took Waterford to overtime. Took Belpre and Trimble to the wire. Had 3 freshmen and a sophomore. At all games, 2 of the 3 freshmen and the sophomore started. I think it's gonna be an interesting season for them. Might not be this year, but I think within in the next couple seasons, they could possibly win the TVC hocking.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.....bottom line....when you get back on that bus to leave Glouster you will be going home a loser.
LOL. Only time will tell!!!



thetitanic
Waterboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by thetitanic » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:57 am

basketball12349 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 am
Maroon2018 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 pm
basketball12349 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:32 am


You must be joking if you think Massie is 6'3" and Russel 6'5". Rollovers.
No. No joking. Stating the facts!!! Russell grew one inch from last season and Massie grew two.
WOAH one inch?!? No way!!! He's for sure going to win the games for them this year! Wow! Nice!
what's your problem @basketball12349. Fed hock wasn't horrible last year, took waterford into overtime...... very good young talent



basketball12349
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:37 am

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by basketball12349 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:25 am

thetitanic wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:57 am
basketball12349 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 am
Maroon2018 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 pm


No. No joking. Stating the facts!!! Russell grew one inch from last season and Massie grew two.
WOAH one inch?!? No way!!! He's for sure going to win the games for them this year! Wow! Nice!
what's your problem @basketball12349. Fed hock wasn't horrible last year, took waterford into overtime...... very good young talent
I'm sorry but what was the alexander/fed hock score last year?



User avatar
Fonzie
All State
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by Fonzie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:59 pm

vcgrad wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 am
I don't think Alex will go to far--they have the talent---I think they need to move on and get a new coach.

Is Jordan Hill still coaching at Alex? If so, I remember him from his time at River Valley. I thought he was an excellent coach, knew the game, made adjustments well during games, and his teams seemed in shape. Only negative I saw was that the kids couldn't match his intensity. He has a passion for the game and it shows. If its not him, I wonder where he is coaching at now?



JC2124
Riding the Bench
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:34 pm

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by JC2124 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:52 pm

thetitanic wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:57 am
basketball12349 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 am
Maroon2018 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 pm


No. No joking. Stating the facts!!! Russell grew one inch from last season and Massie grew two.
WOAH one inch?!? No way!!! He's for sure going to win the games for them this year! Wow! Nice!
what's your problem @basketball12349. Fed hock wasn't horrible last year, took waterford into overtime...... very good young talent
He is obviously a troll, by reading his post I’m guessing a high school student from Albany. They really have nothing to add to any post. FH will be fine this year....with or without basketball12349’s blessing



Post Reply