2018/19 TVC Hocking

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC Hocking and Ohio predictions

Post by danicalifornia »

Maroon2018 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 pm I think I'm gonna get some criticism for this one, but.....I think Fed from the hocking side will be 4th or better at the end of the season.
Weren’t they really young last year and while they only won a couple, were at least in a lot of games? That doesn’t sound terribly far fetched to me. I hope they prove you right.

Athens looked really solid at OU this weekend, they’ll be a tough team this winter.

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Re: TVC Hocking and Ohio predictions

Post by Maroon2018 »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:36 pm
Maroon2018 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 pm I think I'm gonna get some criticism for this one, but.....I think Fed from the hocking side will be 4th or better at the end of the season.
Weren’t they really young last year and while they only won a couple, were at least in a lot of games? That doesn’t sound terribly far fetched to me. I hope they prove you right.

Athens looked really solid at OU this weekend, they’ll be a tough team this winter.
Yeah. They took Waterford to overtime. Took Belpre and Trimble to the wire. Had 3 freshmen and a sophomore. At all games, 2 of the 3 freshmen and the sophomore started. I think it's gonna be an interesting season for them. Might not be this year, but I think within in the next couple seasons, they could possibly win the TVC hocking.

thetitanic
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC predictions 2018-2019

Post by thetitanic »

TVC will be between Waterford and Fed Hock. Belpre lost most talent and Eastern will be decent. Trimble will be good with only loosing one senior. Miller has young inexperienced talent.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ohio - Athens
Hocking - Trimble

Athens played really well down the stretch last year and return most of their rotation from the end of the year.

Trimble obviously lost a big time player, but returning everything else and a great coach has me leaning towards them.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:59 pm Ohio - Athens
Hocking - Trimble

Athens played really well down the stretch last year and return most of their rotation from the end of the year.

Trimble obviously lost a big time player, but returning everything else and a great coach has me leaning towards them.
... looks right to me daniC ! that's what I'm thinking as well ... Vinton County is a question mark early in the season losing Neven Yates to transfer ... and IF I'm not mistaken (and I hate to put something out there that may in fact NOT be true) a quality freshman is going to go to Jackson this season ? - but we are talking Vinton County here - Coach Combs/Coach Kight/Coach Carpenter & Co. are one of the best coaching staffs Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... I look forward to seeing the product that VC has on the hardwood this season...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Athens best team. Good size, speed, strength, shooting and they have bought in as 1. They should be very good for around here.

VC has lost Yates and Evan Spires to Jackson. Yates would’ve been top player and freshman Spires likely would’ve been in varsity rotation and probably starting varsity.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:51 pm Athens best team. Good size, speed, strength, shooting and they have bought in as 1. They should be very good for around here.

VC has lost Yates and Evan Spires to Jackson. Yates would’ve been top player and freshman Spires likely would’ve been in varsity rotation and probably starting varsity.
... thanks I92 for confirming that Yates & Spires did in fact transfer ... Jackson will have TEAM to deal with again this season for Coach Morrow & Co. ... I'm reading GOOD things about the WhiteOak boys too I92 ! they made some big strides last season for sure and this season ? the committee of one - me - I've got a arrow beside their name on my Big Board in the Pfloyd Hoops war room ...

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Hopefully Belpre can work its way into the upper third of the TVC Hocking this year.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

My take on the really early prediction

Ohio division
Athens is the popular pick. They will be solid top to bottom.
I believe Meigs will be better than most people think. New coach and some nice young players

Alexander will be a fun team to watch as well.

Vinton County lost some players but they have the best coach in the Ohio

Hocking division
I believe it’s the year of the Tornado. Southern is gonna be very good.
Eastern, FH I believe will be toward the top of the Hocking as well.
Trimble is a tough one to predict. We know they have Howie but they have to replace Hixson and losing Richards hurts them as well. Who is gonna score for them? How do The talented freshman adjust to the varsity game? They won’t have much size. Gonna be fun to watch.

Belpre has a couple nice pieces but how will they adjust to losing the Simonette boys

The player of the year will hail from Crown City. If I recall correctly his name is Hardy. Very nice player. I was really impressed with him last season.
I can’t wait to see how it all unfolds!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I think Athens Takes the Ohio, only real trouble would be winning on the road in places like Alexander, meigs, and in vc. Even tho Athens has had some success when in comes to playing in vc I still believe that who every proves to be the toughest team on the road wins this league.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Meigs will be extremely tough this year. New coach and some new life to the program. Coach Hill coached these kids several years back before going to Eastern. The kids are excited to have him at the helm.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Athens--then Alex--then Vc. Vc lost 7 or 8 seniors from last year. Don't have much left--will take vc a yr or so top get back on top.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 am Meigs will be extremely tough this year. New coach and some new life to the program. Coach Hill coached these kids several years back before going to Eastern. The kids are excited to have him at the helm.
Coach Hill didn't Coach these kids, He coached the group that graduated last year.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I stand corrected. Must have been given bad information. I for one still believe they will have a good year. Getting some negative kids out of the building/program will improve chemistry. Looking forward to a good seasonn.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Wow! I heard that Jackson got a transfer from VC. Not trying to stir anything up, then I hear it was more than one. Don't know what to believe?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

More than one ... Nevan Yates and a very good incoming freshman both will be Ironmen this season ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thanks Ployd! I'm not from Jackson, so I didn't know what to believe. I know that if you said it, its the truth.

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:31 am Be hard pressed to find a better starting 5 than what Athens has ...

Williams
Maxfield
Chubb
Hines
Butcher

Decent bench too with very few seniors moving on after the 2017/2018 campaign.
Easy
1. JK Kearns 5'11"
2. Dylan Mecum 6'3"
3. Stone Markins 6'4"
4. Kam Riley 6'1"
5. Caleb Terry 6'11"
Has four returning starters and much more experience. This team made a lot of noise last year with it only being Terry, JK, and Kam's first year playing high level varsity basketball. They are going to be something to watch. Easy TVC champs.

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

Let's not forget Fed Hock. They will have 4 returning starters from last season.
Massie 6'3" sophomore
Smith 6'0" sophomore
Jarvis 6'0" sophomore
Russell 6'5" junior
And the fifth starter will probably be a toss up

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

Maroon2018 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 pm Let's not forget Fed Hock. They will have 4 returning starters from last season.
Massie 6'3" sophomore
Smith 6'0" sophomore
Jarvis 6'0" sophomore
Russell 6'5" junior
And the fifth starter will probably be a toss up
Y'all have to stop with this smack talk with Fed HAHA. It's Fed Hock. It doesn't matter how many returns they have or how their new coach is. They will always be bad. No matter what. You guys still need to remember that it's Fed Hock.

Return to “Boys Basketball”