2018/19 River Valley Raiders Coaching Search

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

2018/19 River Valley Raiders Coaching Search

Post by sandstorm23 »

In another thread it was mentioned that the Bidwell River Valley boys basketball job is once again open. Any takers on going through that revolving door next?

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Re: River Valley Job Opening

Post by Shane Falco »

I think the parents should choose this time since they seem to always want to run the current coach out of town.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

This all goes back to the fact that they should have kept Coach Hill. The grass is not always greener. He was a long term guy.

The recent coach ran himself out. You've got to conduct yourself like a decent human being on and off of the court. When a players family is affected, or basically broken because of a coach's actions, he coach has to go, despite the fact that he does know basketball.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I agree !

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

How much has the RV administration and board changed since 2013? Same people, or a few new ones? (Not being critical, just genuinely curious).

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

They need to hire a coach that will start players just because their dads and brothers were good players. That's what one old fart said about football. I won't name the old buttsucker cause he gets a red azzs when I do. :mrgreen:

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

It's definitely true. I read in the paper that the basketball coach did indeed resign. On to the next one....and in 12-24 months it'll happen again.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

They need a long term guy.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Why ? I know ! I still think RV is up and coming ! Good Luck!

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:37 am They need to hire a coach that will start players just because their dads and brothers were good players. That's what one old fart said about football. I won't name the old buttsucker cause he gets a red azzs when I do. :mrgreen:
Who you calling buttsucker?

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

I wouldn't exactly call the team from this year "up and coming". More like not very good and likely more of the same moving forward unless the kids start putting in the work and they get a stand up guy who is respected by the kids, but also builds relationships with them.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

sandstorm23 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:55 am I wouldn't exactly call the team from this year "up and coming". More like not very good and likely more of the same moving forward unless the kids start putting in the work and they get a stand up guy who is respected by the kids, but also builds relationships with them.
I would have to agree with you. I only knew of a couple of kids from last years team that actually put in a lot of off season work. Besides watching the JV/Varsity last year I was able to catch a couple of jr high games. Was not impressed wit the 8th graders at all. 7th grade was pretty good but I just heard their best player transferred. So not much of "up and coming" in the program other than the Lambert boy.

Yes they need a coach that can build relationships not strain them but who would want this job knowing the coaching history.

Acc3
Waterboy

Post by Acc3 »

Anyone know of any applicants?

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Who knows who will apply for this job. I'd imagine the only people who will apply will be people who are looking to land their first varsity job.

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

Acc3 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:07 am Anyone know of any applicants?
I'd be interested to know that myself.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

I'd offer it to Loveday's dad and see if you could get them to come back to the good guys. I think they live in the country school system area. Note: I have no idea who Loveday's dad even is or if he could coach basketball haha

gonefishin
Waterboy

Post by gonefishin »

N2Hoops wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:13 am How much has the RV administration and board changed since 2013? Same people, or a few new ones? (Not being critical, just genuinely curious).
Not sure, but TR is still the principal.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Who is the AD? Does the AD actually have a say in who they hire for the head coaching jobs?

I don't see anyone on the current staff back. Could one of the Gallia Academy assistants come over to RV?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:42 pm Who is the AD? Does the AD actually have a say in who they hire for the head coaching jobs?

I don't see anyone on the current staff back. Could one of the Gallia Academy assistants come over to RV?
AD is Richard Stephens and I think he does have a say.

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Jeremy Hill is the man for the job

Return to “Boys Basketball”