2018/19 Warren Warriors

WarriorBlue
Varsity
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: 2018/19 Warren Warriors

Post by WarriorBlue » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:44 pm

After 4 scrimmages against 10 different teams the Warriors are starting to resemble a Warren Local basketball πŸ€ team. Playing tough physical defense while playing team orientated offense.
Senior Noah Nichols has been shooting lights out while also being the ringleader of a high active and athletic defense. His leadership has proven to be instrumental in getting the young kids up to speed. Sr Clay Miller also has brought the solid play of a senior at Warren. Bryce Knost an important piece of the equation this year was injured the 1st scrimmage but the senior guards return is greatly anticipated.
Junior Brandon Simoniette has proved to be a great addition to Warrior Basketball πŸ€. Simoniette while learning the system has shown he is a force that will be a valuable member of the this year’s team.
Sophomores Seth Dennis, Makiah Merritt and Joel Chevalier are learning on the job but seem to be more than up to the task. The smooth PG Dennis has been the floor general thus far. Running the Warriors offense but also providing firepower himself. SF Makiah Mertitt has shown flashes of an awesome talent. The 6’4” Wing plays above the rim and rebounds on the offensive end with a passion. A sweet silky midrange jumper makes him a difference maker.
Last edited by WarriorBlue on Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9485
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: 2018/19 Warren Warriors

Post by pfloyd » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 pm

WarriorBlue wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:44 pm
After 4 scrimmages against 10 different teams the Warriors are starting to resemble a Warren Local basketball πŸ€ team. Playing tough physical defense while playing team orientated offense.
Senior Noah Nichols has been shooting lights out while also being the ringleader of a high active and athletic defense. His leadership has proven to be instrumental in getting the young kids up to speed. Sr Clay Miller also has brought the solid play of a senior at Warren. Bryce Knost an important piece of the equation this year was injured the 1st scrimmage but the senior guards return is greatly appreciated.
Junior Brandon Simoniette has proved to be a great addition to Warrior Basketball πŸ€. Simoniette while learning the system has shown he is a force that will be a valuable member of the this year’s team.
Sophomores Seth Dennis, Makiah Merritt and Joel Chevalier are learning on the job but seem to be more than up to the task. The smooth PG Dennis has been the floor general thus far. Running the Warriors offense but also providing firepower himself. SF Makiah Mertitt has shown flashes of an awesome talent. The 6’4” Wing plays above the rim and rebounds on the offensive end with a passion. A sweet silky midrange jumper makes him a difference maker.
... good stuff WarriorBlue ... the BBB are definitely an Elite 8 team AGAIN ...


Image

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9485
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: 2018/19 Warren Warriors

Post by pfloyd » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm

WB, the Warriors will HAVE TO be good to advance out of the Logan Sectional again this season though - Sheridan, Athens, Logan Elm, Warren, Vinton Co., Fairfield Union ( New Lex, Westfall, Circleville, Marietta - all look to be improved & spoilers) ...


Image

WarriorBlue
Varsity
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: 2018/19 Warren Warriors

Post by WarriorBlue » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:25 pm

pfloyd wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm
WB, the Warriors will HAVE TO be good to advance out of the Logan Sectional again this season though - Sheridan, Athens, Logan Elm, Warren, Vinton Co., Fairfield Union ( New Lex, Westfall, Circleville, Marietta - all look to be improved & spoilers) ...
Tonight the BBB rolled NY 94-42 in a Foundation Game at the WariorDome. Sophomore Makiah Merritt and Junior Dylan Place led the Warriors with 13 points apiece. Sophomore Seth Dennis had 11. Four other players were close to double figures. 2 with 9 and 2 others with 8.
Warren played a high level brand of defense with lots of interchangeable parts. Playing without 2 seniors because of injuries Noah Nichols and Bryce Knost, the Warriors showed they have plenty of debth and lots of kids that can score the basketball πŸ€
Things looking good thus far on St Rt #339



User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9485
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: 2018/19 Warren Warriors

Post by pfloyd » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 pm

WarriorBlue wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:25 pm
pfloyd wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm
WB, the Warriors will HAVE TO be good to advance out of the Logan Sectional again this season though - Sheridan, Athens, Logan Elm, Warren, Vinton Co., Fairfield Union ( New Lex, Westfall, Circleville, Marietta - all look to be improved & spoilers) ...
Tonight the BBB rolled NY 94-42 in a Foundation Game at the WariorDome. Sophomore Makiah Merritt and Junior Dylan Place led the Warriors with 13 points apiece. Sophomore Seth Dennis had 11. Four other players were close to double figures. 2 with 9 and 2 others with 8.
Warren played a high level brand of defense with lots of interchangeable parts. Playing without 2 seniors because of injuries Noah Nichols and Bryce Knost, the Warriors showed they have plenty of debth and lots of kids that can score the basketball πŸ€
Things looking good thus far on St Rt #339
... how serious are the injuries to Noah Nichols and Bryce Knost ?


Image

WarriorBlue
Varsity
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: 2018/19 Warren Warriors

Post by WarriorBlue » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:26 am

pfloyd wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 pm
WarriorBlue wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:25 pm
pfloyd wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm
WB, the Warriors will HAVE TO be good to advance out of the Logan Sectional again this season though - Sheridan, Athens, Logan Elm, Warren, Vinton Co., Fairfield Union ( New Lex, Westfall, Circleville, Marietta - all look to be improved & spoilers) ...
Tonight the BBB rolled NY 94-42 in a Foundation Game at the WariorDome. Sophomore Makiah Merritt and Junior Dylan Place led the Warriors with 13 points apiece. Sophomore Seth Dennis had 11. Four other players were close to double figures. 2 with 9 and 2 others with 8.
Warren played a high level brand of defense with lots of interchangeable parts. Playing without 2 seniors because of injuries Noah Nichols and Bryce Knost, the Warriors showed they have plenty of debth and lots of kids that can score the basketball πŸ€
Things looking good thus far on St Rt #339
... how serious are the injuries to Noah Nichols and Bryce Knost ?
Both kids have ankle injuries. Nichols will be ready to go 1st game at Marietta. Knost injury is a bit more serious but word is by mid December he should be up to speed.



User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9485
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: 2018/19 Warren Warriors

Post by pfloyd » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:53 am

WarriorBlue wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:26 am
pfloyd wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 pm
WarriorBlue wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:25 pm


Tonight the BBB rolled NY 94-42 in a Foundation Game at the WariorDome. Sophomore Makiah Merritt and Junior Dylan Place led the Warriors with 13 points apiece. Sophomore Seth Dennis had 11. Four other players were close to double figures. 2 with 9 and 2 others with 8.
Warren played a high level brand of defense with lots of interchangeable parts. Playing without 2 seniors because of injuries Noah Nichols and Bryce Knost, the Warriors showed they have plenty of debth and lots of kids that can score the basketball πŸ€
Things looking good thus far on St Rt #339
... how serious are the injuries to Noah Nichols and Bryce Knost ?
Both kids have ankle injuries. Nichols will be ready to go 1st game at Marietta. Knost injury is a bit more serious but word is by mid December he should be up to speed.
... hate to hear where ANY player/players are out due to injury ... wishing them speedy healing so they can get back on the floor ...


Image

Post Reply

Return to β€œBoys Basketball”