BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Re: 2018-19 Logan Chieftains

Post by BananaSC74 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:30 pm
BananaSC74 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:43 am

How is that?
Just think they’ve lost a little step from last year to this year.. they may surprise me who knows but I am very skeptical..
Gosh I do not know what you have been smoking or if you are trying to create an ullusion . I saw them at The OU camp beat a team from W.Va that had beateN Akron SVSM and they looked pretty darn good . They played tough Man D and they have some very good shooters . No trouble rebounding at all . Will be a handful for anyone unless they had some players transfer out. Have not heard any rambling as such but it does happen . I'll see them 1st of Decemeber against the Tanks and I hope to see a competitive game . A big could put them deep in tourney IMO .
It’s just the fact that they play in the tough central district which has a step up on the southeast. I think it will be a good year for them but maybe not DEEP tourney run as some are predicting.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I have not seen an official prediction , but I do wonder why you predict a not so good year and say they are over rated . Pfloyd is about the most accurate pollster around so we will see where he has them .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan will enter the Pre-Season Elite 8 rankings as a top 5 team in the SE District ... you'll have to stay tuned to the Pre-season Elite 8 rankings official debut the end of September/Early October but look for the Purple to be holding onto one of the top 5 positions : 1 -?, 2-? , 3 - ?, 4-? or 5-? ...

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:22 pm Logan will enter the Pre-Season Elite 8 rankings as a top 5 team in the SE District ... you'll have to stay tuned to the Pre-season Elite 8 rankings official debut the end of September/Early October but look for the Purple to be holding onto one of the top 5 positions : 1 -?, 2-? , 3 - ?, 4-? or 5-? ...
I’m looking forward to your rankings as always!!

I think the Chiefs are in for one of, if not the, best year in program history! Did Keith’s boy play up this summer? I think he will need to put some varsity minutes in.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SEFan ... I worked all summer - still working a 2nd job now as matter of fact LOL - I didn't have an opportunity to watch any hoops all summer long no matter the team ... BUT if I'm a betting person Tegan (Myers) played both with the JV's AND Varsity during the summer ... I KNOW Tegan worked out in the Spring last school year with cousin Bo Myers (arguably the BEST player Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line) after school ... he was with Bo & coaches for individual workouts - ball handling drills, moves to the rim, you name it Bo & Tegan were working on it in their after school workouts ... hard to ask a freshman to step up and be a MAJOR contributor on varsity BUT if any freshman has an opportunity Tegan is one who could see minutes - Tegan played on true AAU teams in the Spring/Summer months , he has good size at 6-0 to 6-1 for a freshman, has a basketball mind, he'll be the real deal before he is done at LHS - will he get big minutes ? that's saying that Logan doesn't have anyone else - which is not true ... Logan has a number of last years JV players who have the physical strength to contribute at both ends for the varsity this coming season ... but I see Tegan working his way into minutes for the Purple at some point this season ... with ALL of THAT said "it "ain't" MY call" - I'm just guessing for all I know Tegan will play all season on JV but as I said from what I HAVE seen - he is very talented - he will see minutes UP this winter for sure ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:50 pm SEFan ... I worked all summer - still working a 2nd job now as matter of fact LOL - I didn't have an opportunity to watch any hoops all summer long no matter the team ... BUT if I'm a betting person Tegan (Myers) played both with the JV's AND Varsity during the summer ... I KNOW Tegan worked out in the Spring last school year with cousin Bo Myers (arguably the BEST player Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line) after school ... he was with Bo & coaches for individual workouts - ball handling drills, moves to the rim, you name it Bo & Tegan were working on it in their after school workouts ... hard to ask a freshman to step up and be a MAJOR contributor on varsity BUT if any freshman has an opportunity Tegan is one who could see minutes - Tegan played on true AAU teams in the Spring/Summer months , he has good size at 6-0 to 6-1 for a freshman, has a basketball mind, he'll be the real deal before he is done at LHS - will he get big minutes ? that's saying that Logan doesn't have anyone else - which is not true ... Logan has a number of last years JV players who have the physical strength to contribute at both ends for the varsity this coming season ... but I see Tegan working his way into minutes for the Purple at some point this season ... with ALL of THAT said "it "ain't" MY call" - I'm just guessing for all I know Tegan will play all season on JV but as I said from what I HAVE seen - he is very talented - he will see minutes UP this winter for sure ...
Hey Floyd good to see you kicking up some dust lol . It's hard to invision hoops when it's 100 degrees but it's to hot to cut firewood so I was scrolling and thought I would say hello . I've been following some hoops this summer and seen the Chiefs as a team and some with the AAU exposure circuit. Should be an exiting year .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain Fan ... it's hoops season year round !!! LOL ... the Purple have players doing there own workouts after school NOW ... Tegan Myers, Bo Myers to name a couple who are there seemingly everyday ... I saw Charlie Kline running the halls with a couple of others after school - conditioning ... hopefully others are getting in the gym as well during the Fall sports season ... the Purple will have a good schedule to challenge them throughout the regular season - they won't have the talented size of the 6-7 Landis BUT they will have pots of options to fill the vacant spot - they will be able to go 6-4'ish size with Kline who also brings quicks to the fall as well ... they can go small ball with the strength of the Ruff boys who can also be perimeter threats ... add in the talent and basketball IQ of the youngin' Tegan Myers who WILL get some varsity minutes in my opinion - hard to keep a player who has played vs the best freshmen in the state all Spring/Summer & Fall off the floor imo ... he's not as strong as the upper classmen but being a heady, experienced (6-1 ish) player - there will situations you are going to WANT TM on the floor with the starting 4 from last year in Bo Myers, the Bell Boys, & Mr. Cassidy ... throw in Landon Little who got a whole lotta' PT last season - LL needs to be a scoring threat to help pull the opposition out of the paint ... we'll see in 8-9 weeks ! ...

loganhoops
Waterboy

Post by loganhoops »

I don't normally post on here, but since I know this crew pretty well - thought I would chime in. There are several that have been working out on their own. Pfloyd probably didn't see a few over the summer because they were hitting the gym while everyone was still in bed - 5am workouts. School rules require a school employ to be there to monitor and the two Myers have the benefit of right after school because their parents work there. Bo always offers his classmates to come in. They may come in later though depending on their schedules. Hopefully, Tegan does too with his fellow freshman - but have not heard of anyone working out with him. I believe open gym starts so it will be interesting to see who is there. My belief is that Kline is conditioning for baseball as he was not present to anything over the summer. The seniors definitely like the Ruffs - they are hard workers and smart players.
Also, just to clarify, the 4 starters were Bo, Caleb, Coby, AND WES Brooks last year. Wes had an excellent summer with the team. Played the best I have seen him play and will be an additional scoring threat for the chiefs this year. Definitely, a tougher schedule this year, but these boys are up to the challenge. Looking forward to the season!
Last edited by loganhoops on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan should be the best area team. Might have to make the trip to Pick North

Lvbball
Waterboy

Post by Lvbball »

The schedule is very tough and they lose a very good big man in Landis. He will be missed. With that said, they have a lot of very good players returning and some younger players that can help.
The players ( Bo Myers, Caleb and coby Bell, Tegan Myers, wolfe, Wes brooks, Mason Frasure and Ashton Mahaffey) have put a lot of work in this past springs nd summer.
The senior class is very good and talented. All of them give something special to the team. (Bo, Coby, Caleb, Layton and Wes) can shoot it. Landon and Cummins can bang and play defense.
Wes had a great summer as mentioned in another post and there will be contributions from several younger players I believe.
Great group and will be fun to watch.

Lvbball
Waterboy

Post by Lvbball »

Freshmen, I’ve heard Mahaffey and Frasure’s dads say they have worked out with Tegan and I know the wolfe boys works out with Bo and Tegan as well.

Lvbball
Waterboy

Post by Lvbball »

Angle, Campbell, Frasure, Mahaffey, myers, Poling, All freshmen, played AAU/OYB this past spring/summer.

Solid group

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

What are they willing to do with the freshmen becomes the issue. Do you play to win or do you play to keep parents happy?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

With it being Logan, who knows.....

AT THE RESERVATION
loganhoops
Waterboy

Post by loganhoops »

I think SEFan is trying to stir up something that just isn't there. No drama with this group. Just good hardworking kids from top to bottom. Go Chiefs!

Lvbball
Waterboy

Post by Lvbball »

9-12 hard working kids, no issues with these players. They will all work hard and players will be were they are needed

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

SEFan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:00 am What are they willing to do with the freshmen becomes the issue. Do you play to win or do you play to keep parents happy?
No question here. If they are playing to win they will play the upper class for obvious reasons . I saw them at the OU CAMP play a couple of games and they did not appear to need to sub much . What they need is a big to round out a very nice team . Saw a tall (6-5 or 6-6) player that I did not remember . They played around 7-8 players but will rely on 6 or 7 IMO . Good amount of talent 9-12 . Freshmen , JV and Varsity should all do very well.

Lvbball
Waterboy

Post by Lvbball »

Massillon Washington added to the already bruttle schedule. Must come to play every night.
Great schedule for a talented senior led team.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

11/30 vs. Unioto (Season Opener)
12/6 @ Whitehall-Yearling
12/8 @ Gahanna Lincoln
12/11 @ Lancaster
12/15 vs. Chillicothe
12/18 vs. Parkersburg
12/22 vs. TBD (Capital City Coaches for a Cure Classic @ Capital U)
12/28 vs. Gallia Academy
1/3 @ Watkins Memorial
1/5 vs. Teays Valley
1/12 @ Mount Vernon
1/15 @ Pickerington North
1/19 vs. Marion Franklin (Rt 40 Classic)
1/20 vs. Bishop Hartley (Rt 40 Classic)
1/25 @ St. Charles
1/29 @ Chillicothe
2/1 vs. Massillon Washington
2/2 vs. Parkersburg South
2/9 @ Vinton County
2/12 vs. Sheridan
2/15 vs. Athens
2/16 @ Warren

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

There is the updated schedule with Massillon Washington added in. Really liking the tough schedule.

Return to “Boys Basketball”