Open Coaching Jobs

Preacher Purl
Waterboy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Preacher Purl » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Confirmed:

Meigs
River Valley
Washington Court House
McClain
Marietta
Paint Valley

Feel free to add any others that are confirmed.



bbjunky81
All State
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:30 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by bbjunky81 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm

I haven't heard of any down this way (SOC area).

I'd also imagine not many of the jobs you posted will be heavily sought after. WCH/McClain/Paint Valley will be lacking talent for the foreseeable future. River Valley is way way WAY down and now D2. I see some posters think Meigs has potential to be something if the right coach comes in but to me it looks like a political nightmare for whoever takes that job... and Marietta has talent in the hallways and is currently D2 but they're dangerously close to the D1 line and when that happens, that's not an ideal job by any stretch of the imagination.

For the kids sake I genuinely hope all schools find a coach that's in it for the right reasons.


Watching SE Ohio basketball and self-anointed pfloyd replacement when he gives it up.

Preacher Purl
Waterboy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Preacher Purl » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Marietta is such an intriguing job. It's a great city and in a perfect situation being in the SE district. Moving up to D1 would be a disaster.



User avatar
Fonzie
All State
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Fonzie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:00 pm

bbjunky81 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm
I haven't heard of any down this way (SOC area).

I'd also imagine not many of the jobs you posted will be heavily sought after. WCH/McClain/Paint Valley will be lacking talent for the foreseeable future. River Valley is way way WAY down and now D2. I see some posters think Meigs has potential to be something if the right coach comes in but to me it looks like a political nightmare for whoever takes that job... and Marietta has talent in the hallways and is currently D2 but they're dangerously close to the D1 line and when that happens, that's not an ideal job by any stretch of the imagination.

For the kids sake I genuinely hope all schools find a coach that's in it for the right reasons.
Probably the truest post I've seen on this site in a while.



BallDontLie
Freshman Team
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by BallDontLie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:54 am

Is John Glenn officially open? I watched a video on YouTube by Storied Rivals where they sat down with coach Woodard and reflected on his career. Whoever gets that job or if they’ve already made a hire has big shoes to fill.



Preacher Purl
Waterboy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Preacher Purl » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:56 am

I believe the job was open, but one of his assistants is getting the job.



Crab's Brother
SE
Posts: 2326
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:07 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Crab's Brother » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:32 am

West Union



Preacher Purl
Waterboy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Preacher Purl » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:09 am

Himes at West Union wins a league title and gets non-renewed. Does anybody know what happened??



bbjunky81
All State
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:30 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by bbjunky81 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 am

Have also heard Clay is open, can anyone confirm?

The openings seem to be piling in, that's for sure. Considering we're only about 1.5 months away from summer ball starting it's weird to see some of the non-renewals happening this late in April.


Watching SE Ohio basketball and self-anointed pfloyd replacement when he gives it up.

User avatar
Penguin
Riding the Bench
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:07 am

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Penguin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:37 am

bbjunky81 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 am
Have also heard Clay is open, can anyone confirm?

The openings seem to be piling in, that's for sure. Considering we're only about 1.5 months away from summer ball starting it's weird to see some of the non-renewals happening this late in April.
I had heard the same thing, but cannot confirm, unless you call a source from Rosemount McDonalds a confirmation? :lol:



BallDontLie
Freshman Team
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by BallDontLie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Preacher Purl wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:09 am
Himes at West Union wins a league title and gets non-renewed. Does anybody know what happened??
The high school principal released a statement to the local newspaper (the people’s defender) saying Himes chose not to apply for the job. Not only did he win a lot of games and league but he created a lot of hashtags that the community loved haha



art_vandelay
All State
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:53 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by art_vandelay » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:14 pm

bbjunky81 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 am
Have also heard Clay is open, can anyone confirm?

The openings seem to be piling in, that's for sure. Considering we're only about 1.5 months away from summer ball starting it's weird to see some of the non-renewals happening this late in April.
Bbjunky: heard the same thing today about Clay job from somebody who'd know. He wasn't sure why Betten resigned though.*



User avatar
ferflog
JV Team
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:50 pm
Location: Cambridge, Ohio

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by ferflog » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Kim Clifford at St. Clairsville retired the other night. Not sure who is in the mix to fill the position, but one of his sons was his top assistant.


You can take the boy out of the 'ville, but you can't take the 'ville out of the boy!!

4thgoal
SEOPS
Posts: 5916
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:16 pm
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by 4thgoal » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:33 am

art_vandelay wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:14 pm
bbjunky81 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 am
Have also heard Clay is open, can anyone confirm?

The openings seem to be piling in, that's for sure. Considering we're only about 1.5 months away from summer ball starting it's weird to see some of the non-renewals happening this late in April.
Bbjunky: heard the same thing today about Clay job from somebody who'd know. He wasn't sure why Betten resigned though.*
Clay is officially open
http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sp ... g-position



User avatar
NewEra
All Conference
Posts: 772
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by NewEra » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:08 am

Congrats to Adam Betten on the stint at Clay. First class guy all the way.



E High
Freshman Team
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by E High » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:50 pm

Any news on Marietta ?



thetruthhurts
Waterboy
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by thetruthhurts » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Who in their right mind would want that job? Complete circus.



tigerblue
Riding the Bench
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by tigerblue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:53 pm

thetruthhurts wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:41 pm
Who in their right mind would want that job? Complete circus.
Ain’t that the truth.

Clueless AD and principal were set to recomend JD Secrest as the new coach at last Mondays board meeting. Pretty sure the board had a meeting and decided they wouldn’t approve any coach from the Dawson staff or himself, and rightfully so. 2 other candidates also interviewed. Neither were teachers. The AD is looking for a teacher and someone he can control. It’s a flipping mess and may not be cleared up until well into the summer. Sad situation and the only ones suffering are the kids.



ItsMyOpinion
Freshman Team
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by ItsMyOpinion » Fri May 18, 2018 11:28 am

Any word on the Valley boys job? I figured they would have named a coach by now.



Vito Corleone
Freshman Team
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 am
Location: Southern OH

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Vito Corleone » Fri May 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Which Valley? River Valley? Paint Valley?


Making offers you can't refuse

E High
Freshman Team
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by E High » Fri May 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Is Marietta close to hiring someone or are they still waiting to get a better candidate then what they have ?



User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8427
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by pfloyd » Sat May 19, 2018 7:15 pm

The Marietta situation is unbelievable ... an outstanding candidate, Washington County native, a coach in one of the most successful programs of the last 20 years has interviewed for the Tiger position ... the candidate does not require there to be a teaching opening , the candidate KNOWS the players, has coached against the players on the team, would probable get players/athletes that have been on the sidelines for MHS to come back out to the hardwood ... UNBELIEVABLE ...


Image

ItsMyOpinion
Freshman Team
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by ItsMyOpinion » Sat May 19, 2018 9:49 pm

I was referring to the Lucasville Valley job. I heard that it was open. Is it not open?



E High
Freshman Team
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by E High » Sun May 20, 2018 12:37 am

Marietta being D-2 could be a really good job. A couple Jr and Sr to be that didn't play last year could be big going forward with the right coach !



Vito Corleone
Freshman Team
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 am
Location: Southern OH

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Vito Corleone » Sun May 20, 2018 1:16 pm

ItsMyOpinion wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:49 pm
I was referring to the Lucasville Valley job. I heard that it was open. Is it not open?
Really? I haven’t heard that. Maybe someone can help us with this. Bbjunky have you heard anything on this?


Making offers you can't refuse

Post Reply