Open Coaching Jobs

js7_22
Varsity

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by js7_22 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 am If the name that I heard actually got the Valley job, it sounds like a solid hire. Valley alum that worked under two good coaches. If he bring a little bit of both of those coaches with he, you have to believe it will work out well. Time will tell. Best of luck to Valley and their new coach.
You are 100% correct on the hire.

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Back to the Marietta topic...I really don’t know what the Athletic Director sees in Secrest. I believe there were originally two solid candidates in Garrett Foggin and Jerry Mitchem. I believe Foggin was part of a highly successful program at Parkersburg South. Mitchem was a head coach at Beallsville HS many years ago and was most recently an assistant coach/freshman coach at Warren. Also, back in the day, he played three sports at Salem College (NAIA All-American). So he knows what it takes to encourage kids to be successful. So all in all, you have two coaches from the top two basketball programs in the Mid Ohio Valley and Rick Guimond recommends (twice) a coach from last year’s staff. Someone, please explain to me how this makes sense? It’s in my opinion that Mitchem would have been the best option for Etta due to his good rapport with kids, no-nonsense/honest approach, and prior experience as a head coach.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

I understand that JD will be the coach at Marietta good luck coach !

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

Eric Horton (Eastern Pike Asst. Coach/JV Coach) new varsity head coach at Valley

Tornado85
Freshman Team

Post by Tornado85 »

Any word on Reedsville Eastern

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Heard a few days ago that Portsmouth Notre Dame job apparently came open and Matt Mader is back coaching Notre Dame.*

greeny
Waterboy

Post by greeny »

Tornado85 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:45 pm Any word on Reedsville Eastern
Kight.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

markymark1969 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:45 pm Eric Horton (Eastern Pike Asst. Coach/JV Coach) new varsity head coach at Valley
Wish Coach Horton the best of luck...

GO EAGLES
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:40 am Heard a few days ago that Portsmouth Notre Dame job apparently came open and Matt Mader is back coaching Notre Dame.*
heard the old coach took the job at Clay... so Mader might be back in the game...

sportsnation
Waterboy

Post by sportsnation »

i also heard the same thing that the notre dame coach went to clay and mader was wanting to coach agian

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Former West Union head coach Greg Himes is now a varsity assistant at Portsmouth. Also, Paul Wagner will serve as the Trojans JV coach. Himes comes to PHS after leading the Dragons to their first SHAC title in 30 years.

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

Morgan High School is now open after Adam Copeland steps down to take over as AD

http://www.mchnews.com/sports/copeland- ... 20ded.html

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

Rob Justice takes over at Morgan for Adam Copeland. Copeland, now the Morgan AD, announced it on his twitter feed...https://twitter.com/MorganRaidersAD/sta ... 0991597568

Return to “Boys Basketball”