Post by Preacher Purl »

Confirmed:

Meigs
River Valley
Washington Court House
McClain
Marietta
Paint Valley

Feel free to add any others that are confirmed.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by bbjunky81 »

I haven't heard of any down this way (SOC area).

I'd also imagine not many of the jobs you posted will be heavily sought after. WCH/McClain/Paint Valley will be lacking talent for the foreseeable future. River Valley is way way WAY down and now D2. I see some posters think Meigs has potential to be something if the right coach comes in but to me it looks like a political nightmare for whoever takes that job... and Marietta has talent in the hallways and is currently D2 but they're dangerously close to the D1 line and when that happens, that's not an ideal job by any stretch of the imagination.

For the kids sake I genuinely hope all schools find a coach that's in it for the right reasons.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

Marietta is such an intriguing job. It's a great city and in a perfect situation being in the SE district. Moving up to D1 would be a disaster.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm I haven't heard of any down this way (SOC area).

I'd also imagine not many of the jobs you posted will be heavily sought after. WCH/McClain/Paint Valley will be lacking talent for the foreseeable future. River Valley is way way WAY down and now D2. I see some posters think Meigs has potential to be something if the right coach comes in but to me it looks like a political nightmare for whoever takes that job... and Marietta has talent in the hallways and is currently D2 but they're dangerously close to the D1 line and when that happens, that's not an ideal job by any stretch of the imagination.

For the kids sake I genuinely hope all schools find a coach that's in it for the right reasons.
Probably the truest post I've seen on this site in a while.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Is John Glenn officially open? I watched a video on YouTube by Storied Rivals where they sat down with coach Woodard and reflected on his career. Whoever gets that job or if they’ve already made a hire has big shoes to fill.

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

I believe the job was open, but one of his assistants is getting the job.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

West Union

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

Himes at West Union wins a league title and gets non-renewed. Does anybody know what happened??

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Have also heard Clay is open, can anyone confirm?

The openings seem to be piling in, that's for sure. Considering we're only about 1.5 months away from summer ball starting it's weird to see some of the non-renewals happening this late in April.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 am Have also heard Clay is open, can anyone confirm?

The openings seem to be piling in, that's for sure. Considering we're only about 1.5 months away from summer ball starting it's weird to see some of the non-renewals happening this late in April.
I had heard the same thing, but cannot confirm, unless you call a source from Rosemount McDonalds a confirmation? :lol:

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Preacher Purl wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:09 am Himes at West Union wins a league title and gets non-renewed. Does anybody know what happened??
The high school principal released a statement to the local newspaper (the people’s defender) saying Himes chose not to apply for the job. Not only did he win a lot of games and league but he created a lot of hashtags that the community loved haha

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 am Have also heard Clay is open, can anyone confirm?

Bbjunky: heard the same thing today about Clay job from somebody who'd know. He wasn't sure why Betten resigned though.*

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Kim Clifford at St. Clairsville retired the other night. Not sure who is in the mix to fill the position, but one of his sons was his top assistant.

You can take the boy out of the 'ville, but you can't take the 'ville out of the boy!!
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Bbjunky: heard the same thing today about Clay job from somebody who'd know. He wasn't sure why Betten resigned though.*
Clay is officially open
http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sp ... g-position

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Congrats to Adam Betten on the stint at Clay. First class guy all the way.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Any news on Marietta ?

thetruthhurts
Waterboy

Post by thetruthhurts »

Who in their right mind would want that job? Complete circus.

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

thetruthhurts wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:41 pm Who in their right mind would want that job? Complete circus.
Ain’t that the truth.

Clueless AD and principal were set to recomend JD Secrest as the new coach at last Mondays board meeting. Pretty sure the board had a meeting and decided they wouldn’t approve any coach from the Dawson staff or himself, and rightfully so. 2 other candidates also interviewed. Neither were teachers. The AD is looking for a teacher and someone he can control. It’s a flipping mess and may not be cleared up until well into the summer. Sad situation and the only ones suffering are the kids.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Any word on the Valley boys job? I figured they would have named a coach by now.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Which Valley? River Valley? Paint Valley?

Making offers you can't refuse

Return to “Boys Basketball”