Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Trevorstephens22
Riding the Bench
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by Trevorstephens22 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:53 am

Athens Basketball Tweeted:

Dogs finish #OUTeamCamp with a mark of 11-3. Very solid weekend for the #Bulldogs.



User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12293
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by 93Bulldog » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Trevorstephens22 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:53 am
Athens Basketball Tweeted:

Dogs finish #OUTeamCamp with a mark of 11-3. Very solid weekend for the #Bulldogs.
Great. Thanks!

Anyone know who the 3 losses were?

Allthewayup11
Riding the Bench
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:01 am

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by Allthewayup11 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:48 am

93Bulldog wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:36 pm
Trevorstephens22 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:53 am
Athens Basketball Tweeted:

Dogs finish #OUTeamCamp with a mark of 11-3. Very solid weekend for the #Bulldogs.
Great. Thanks!

Anyone know who the 3 losses were?
Spoke to a friend of mine Monday and he said they lost to Sheridan (shortest kid was like 6'4 or something), Licking Heights (maybe), but believe the non-starters played a lot of that game and the the starters only came in with 5 minutes left to try and cover a 10 point deficit was my understanding. Then some team on Sunday early AM, again with the backups playing a lot of that game that Athens would have easily won.

He also said the coach mentioned being 4/4 versus D1 teams. So that is a good sign.

danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7285
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by danicalifornia » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:39 am

LH is D1 and was pretty solid in games I saw them. No harm in losing to them. Losing to the team Sheridan brought would be a little worse. They were without their top 2 players, but were gigantic still lol

I thought Athens looked pretty good when I saw them. A nice group of athletes in that starting group.

ShoeHorn
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by ShoeHorn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:56 am

Athens beat Unioto, Buckeye Valley, Kings, Hardin Northern, Eastern Brown, Worthington, Wellston, New Philly, Newton Falls, split with Licking Heights and beat one more team.

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12293
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by 93Bulldog » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Cool
Thanks!

Allthewayup11
Riding the Bench
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:01 am

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by Allthewayup11 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:52 pm

danicalifornia wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:39 am
LH is D1 and was pretty solid in games I saw them. No harm in losing to them. Losing to the team Sheridan brought would be a little worse. They were without their top 2 players, but were gigantic still lol

I thought Athens looked pretty good when I saw them. A nice group of athletes in that starting group.
Sheridan or Athens, without their top two players?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS H
Posts: 7839
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm
Location: At a Track or XC Meet Somewhere

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by Chieftain2009 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Allthewayup11 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:52 pm
danicalifornia wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:39 am
LH is D1 and was pretty solid in games I saw them. No harm in losing to them. Losing to the team Sheridan brought would be a little worse. They were without their top 2 players, but were gigantic still lol

I thought Athens looked pretty good when I saw them. A nice group of athletes in that starting group.
Sheridan or Athens, without their top two players?
Sheridan was without their top two this past weekend.
2015 Playoff Football Pick 'em Champion

ShoeHorn
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by ShoeHorn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:01 pm

and Athens was without their 6'4" all league player Eli Chubb all weekend. You really can't put much stock in to wins and losses in these type of things. A lot of teams were short handed I'd imagine. I thought Logan looked really good, as expected, and I think they only had 6 players there for their Varsity squad.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15081
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by Ironman92 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:53 pm

ShoeHorn wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:01 pm
and Athens was without their 6'4" all league player Eli Chubb all weekend. You really can't put much stock in to wins and losses in these type of things. A lot of teams were short handed I'd imagine. I thought Logan looked really good, as expected, and I think they only had 6 players there for their Varsity squad.
Was the young Myers kid playing?

danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7285
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by danicalifornia » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:51 pm

ShoeHorn wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:01 pm
and Athens was without their 6'4" all league player Eli Chubb all weekend. You really can't put much stock in to wins and losses in these type of things. A lot of teams were short handed I'd imagine. I thought Logan looked really good, as expected, and I think they only had 6 players there for their Varsity squad.
Right. Some teams are playing loose, some teams (somehow :roll: ) have their entire offenses in including presses and BLOB’s.

The biggest takeaway I see from them are who has raw talent.

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12293
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Not having Eli is a pretty big loss.
I'm expecting big things from the 6'4 SG

ShoeHorn
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by ShoeHorn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:53 pm
ShoeHorn wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:01 pm
and Athens was without their 6'4" all league player Eli Chubb all weekend. You really can't put much stock in to wins and losses in these type of things. A lot of teams were short handed I'd imagine. I thought Logan looked really good, as expected, and I think they only had 6 players there for their Varsity squad.
Was the young Myers kid playing?
Not familiar with the young Myers kid. What year is he? Logan had their JV there too. Bo Myers was definitely there. Man he is good.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15081
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by Ironman92 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:15 pm

ShoeHorn wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:27 pm
Ironman92 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:53 pm
ShoeHorn wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:01 pm
and Athens was without their 6'4" all league player Eli Chubb all weekend. You really can't put much stock in to wins and losses in these type of things. A lot of teams were short handed I'd imagine. I thought Logan looked really good, as expected, and I think they only had 6 players there for their Varsity squad.
Was the young Myers kid playing?
Not familiar with the young Myers kid. What year is he? Logan had their JV there too. Bo Myers was definitely there. Man he is good.
It’s Bo’s freshman brother

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8143
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by pfloyd » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Tegan Myers (freshman) is Bo Myers' cousin for Logan ... Tegan is Keith Myers' son ...
Image

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15081
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by Ironman92 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:31 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:30 pm
Tegan Myers (freshman) is Bo Myers' cousin for Logan ... Tegan is Keith Myers' son ...
Ok....it’s in the family lol

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8143
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by pfloyd » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Tegan worked out ALL Spring with Bo in the gym after school - all phases of the game ball handling, shooting, shooting off the dribble etc. ... he works hard at his game for sure ... having a cousin as talented as Bo Myers pushing you "ain't" a bad situation either LOL ...
Image

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15081
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by Ironman92 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:43 pm

Athens taking it to Jackson the first half. Nice rivalry

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12293
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:43 pm
Athens taking it to Jackson the first half. Nice rivalry
Ah, music to my ears

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15081
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Athens Bulldogs outlook 2018/2019

Post by Ironman92 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Athens taking it to Waverly now

Post Reply