Wheelersburg's Tanner Holden

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg's Tanner Holden

Post by N2Hoops »

I could see him being a mid level D1 basketball guy if he continues to develop. Very very skilled kid, he is also big time on the football field and could draw some big time interest, you cannot teach 6'6 with that kind of acceleration and speed.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

He's kind of that in between height for basketball but perfect for football. He is a treat to watch play both sports. Going to be fun watching him develop even more the rest of this year and all of next year.

I think he will go down as the best athlete to have ever played for the Burg!!!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

So this kid is only a junior?

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 pm So this kid is only a junior?
Correct

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

d-5 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:15 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 pm So this kid is only a junior?
Correct
Wow thats scary

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Im still amazed he a junior lol

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

basketball or football what will be his calling?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

There's no question that Tanner will play at some university in either football or basketball and maybe both. I did a count of 7 major conference rosters in D1 basketball (B10, B12, ACC, Big East, SEC, AAC) and tallied about 210 guards that were listed at 6-5 or taller......an average a little more than 2 per team (the ACC had the most with 40). In D1 football, there are a lot of receivers that possess great athleticism, but a 6-6 player that fits that description is not common.

Best wishes to Tanner as he progresses athletically in both sports.......one thing that will put Tanner in rare company in our area is that he most likely will have D1 scholarship offers in two sports.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

it would be hard to turn down a offer from a school like osu even if he does want basketball

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Starting to look like football the route to go for Holden. One of best athletes to ever come out of Scioto County.*

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

A 6'6" WR with great hands & speed, very desirable!!!

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Gotta believe if he gets big 5 conference for football that would be hard to turn down.

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:51 am Gotta believe if he gets big 5 conference for football that would be hard to turn down.
With another year to get bigger and stronger, he should get some offers.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:38 pm
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:51 am Gotta believe if he gets big 5 conference for football that would be hard to turn down.
With another year to get bigger and stronger, he should get some offers.
Very true man.

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

state semi bound

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
ina slump
Waterboy

Post by ina slump »

When you get to the State finals,all the big dogs will be watching. Look for more offers to start pouring in.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Tanner Holden’s best bet is to go basketball. He is a basketball player that plays football. (Yes ... he is a good receiver) But my understanding is he has always had the dream of playing Division I Basketball.

He will have a greater impact and play more as a basketball player than he will as a football player. In football if you eventually become a major part of than offense, you get 8-10 catches a game. In basketball, if you eventually play you 8-10 touches in the first 5 minutes of a game. It is the nature of the two games.

I wish him good luck and hope he gets the basketball offer he is dreaming up!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:20 pm Tanner Holden’s best bet is to go basketball. He is a basketball player that plays football. (Yes ... he is a good receiver) But my understanding is he has always had the dream of playing Division I Basketball.

He will have a greater impact and play more as a basketball player than he will as a football player. In football if you eventually become a major part of than offense, you get 8-10 catches a game. In basketball, if you eventually play you 8-10 touches in the first 5 minutes of a game. It is the nature of the two games.

6'6" athletic guards with still developing jump shots are a dime a dozen in Division I basketball. 6'6" fast athletic wide receivers who are still learning how to play receiver are game changers in FBS football.

Tanner needs to follow his heart, but having watched him play both quite a bit, I feel like football is his ticket. But that is just my opinion.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:14 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:20 pm Tanner Holden’s best bet is to go basketball. He is a basketball player that plays football. (Yes ... he is a good receiver) But my understanding is he has always had the dream of playing Division I Basketball.

6'6" athletic guards with still developing jump shots are a dime a dozen in Division I basketball. 6'6" fast athletic wide receivers who are still learning how to play receiver are game changers in FBS football.

Tanner needs to follow his heart, but having watched him play both quite a bit, I feel like football is his ticket. But that is just my opinion.
100% agree with this statement!

Return to “Boys Basketball”