Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 38
Ravenswood 19

Mid thru 2nd half

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Rio Shootout 6/18

Post by Ironman92 »

Pretty good shootout with some great athletes.

Huntington High was incredible. Jackson played very well. Boyd Co was solid. Northridge quick and athletic. Warren Local is well, Warren Local. Gallia without Loveday, Circleville, Ravenswood had some good size

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Great athletes ? Really ? Might be a couple but in general it's bad basketball with a handful of athletes. It's pretty bad almost everywhere. Sorry but the truth hurts. Good luck all !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

E High wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:01 am Great athletes ? Really ? Might be a couple but in general it's bad basketball with a handful of athletes. It's pretty bad almost everywhere. Sorry but the truth hurts. Good luck all !
It’s summer....things aren’t flowing like a regional final. Maybe my “great” should’ve been very good. All I know is I watched Northridge play Jackson and while Jackson stymied them in the 2nd half, Northridge had 5 kids as quick as Jackson’s quickest player. I can’t watch SE District basketball all summer and then say Northridge was greatly athletic. I’m not sure who in the SE District would beat Huntington High, they could shoot like crazy and when I see multiple players take off a couple feet inside the foul line and finish through traffic at the basket....I’m just going to label them great athletes. That’s just me.

The Jacksons, Warrens, Gallias....all solid varsity teams and all were missing starting players.

Maybe it was just pretty much bad basketball....but I got a decent bit out of it and I’m sure the coaches got a lot more.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:50 am
E High wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:01 am Great athletes ? Really ? Might be a couple but in general it's bad basketball with a handful of athletes. It's pretty bad almost everywhere. Sorry but the truth hurts. Good luck all !
It’s summer....things aren’t flowing like a regional final. Maybe my “great” should’ve been very good. All I know is I watched Northridge play Jackson and while Jackson stymied them in the 2nd half, Northridge had 5 kids as quick as Jackson’s quickest player. I can’t watch SE District basketball all summer and then say Northridge was greatly athletic. I’m not sure who in the SE District would beat Huntington High, they could shoot like crazy and when I see multiple players take off a couple feet inside the foul line and finish through traffic at the basket....I’m just going to label them great athletes. That’s just me.

The Jacksons, Warrens, Gallias....all solid varsity teams and all were missing starting players.

Maybe it was just pretty much bad basketball....but I got a decent bit out of it and I’m sure the coaches got a lot more.

Not taking anything away from Jackson, I thought they played really well and I believe they have a solid team. We (Northridge) only played three varsity level players the first half and none in the second half, those were all JV guys. We also left two starters and a 6th man at home, and one starter sat the bench all day for disciplinary reasons, so you can't put much value on summer ball. I'm sure everyone there didn't have all of their kids as well. But that's how you get better, you throw other kids in the fire to see what they can do. I really like the PG for Jackson and Gallia is solid team along with Huntington. If all goes well, we will be a very good basketball team this upcoming season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jeff Lisath wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:50 am

Not taking anything away from Jackson, I thought they played really well and I believe they have a solid team. We (Northridge) only played three varsity level players the first half and none in the second half, those were all JV guys. We also left two starters and a 6th man at home, and one starter sat the bench all day for disciplinary reasons, so you can't put much value on summer ball. I'm sure everyone there didn't have all of their kids as well. But that's how you get better, you throw other kids in the fire to see what they can do. I really like the PG for Jackson and Gallia is solid team along with Huntington. If all goes well, we will be a very good basketball team this upcoming season.
Good Luck coach. Good info. Jackson without the likely 2nd best player and 3 rotation bench kids. Regardless of who you guys put out there they were very quick players.

You play the same level of players vs Huntington? I watched most of that game and it was fun to watch.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Yep basically the same kids, we just kept our best two out there the entire game vs Huntington. Yes, we are blessed with speed and quickness, but the kids will have to learn how to play the game. Despite our struggles it was a good day to put in the work. I'm glad we made it down. Always love the Southeast District.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

good read

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Boys Basketball”