2018/19 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

svac83
All State
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by svac83 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Loveday works very hard at AAU and works hard with his personal trainer. Never said he didn’t. I also will tell you he understands 95% of high school recruiting happens on the AAU circuit.

When it comes to high school basketball he wants to win with his team but you miss a summer basketball week because of a family vacation and another event because of your commitment to the band. And another event for a fishing trip. He is willing to sit a half or a whole game to miss practice to hunt. Tells me that you are still very busy being a kid it has nothing to do with how talented you are.

But he has been shut down and pushed around way too many times to be one of the 10 best recruits in his class out of state. He is ranked so high because his potential not what he has actually accomplished yet. If you went off of what he physically does game in and game out he would be ranked much lower.

But don’t take that as me taking a shot at the young man. It is me giving the young man a compliment he is not so wrapped up in being a basketball star. He is being a teenager that with all his talent and all his hype is hard to accomplish to not do what people expect but just enjoy being a teenager.

So my earlier point was people who knows these things are not all Gallia should be this, this and this . We want them to be very good and they want to be good. But we understand that we are probably not going to be a juggernaut just because it is not like this group of kids have put all there eggs in one basket. And we are ok with that.

now if you think I am putting kid down I don’t get it. But to each is own. I don’t miss a game love watching this team play. And I think when it is time for him to get serious he could be a huge force. Or at least I hope so.



trojandave
SEOP
Posts: 3468
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--3rd All Time in Ohio

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by trojandave » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Loveday will be a matchup nightmare for any team he faces. With him, the Blue Devils are a legitimate threat for the regionals, maybe state. Without him, GAHS would have a hard time getting past the district semifinal given how competitive D2 is in the SE district. Just remember that there is no one in the entire district as physically imposing as he is. He has a good cast of Blue Devils around him, but he makes the whole of the team better.



Geronimo
Varsity
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 am

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by Geronimo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:37 pm

How true !



91blue14
SE
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by 91blue14 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:18 pm

potential is the key word. I am sure the ACADEMY is loving the gate the kid is bringing.



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15692
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by Ironman92 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 am

trojandave wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:37 pm
Loveday will be a matchup nightmare for any team he faces. With him, the Blue Devils are a legitimate threat for the regionals, maybe state. Without him, GAHS would have a hard time getting past the district semifinal given how competitive D2 is in the SE district. Just remember that there is no one in the entire district as physically imposing as he is. He has a good cast of Blue Devils around him, but he makes the whole of the team better.
I would say they’d have a hard time getting out of the sectional without him.



MisterGalliaGuy2016
Riding the Bench
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:28 am

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:18 am

Devils should be disappointed with anything less than a conference title and a deep tournament run. Should be Gary's best team here



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by VetteMan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 pm

svac83 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 pm
Loveday works very hard at AAU and works hard with his personal trainer. Never said he didn’t. I also will tell you he understands 95% of high school recruiting happens on the AAU circuit.

When it comes to high school basketball he wants to win with his team but you miss a summer basketball week because of a family vacation and another event because of your commitment to the band. And another event for a fishing trip. He is willing to sit a half or a whole game to miss practice to hunt. Tells me that you are still very busy being a kid it has nothing to do with how talented you are.

But he has been shut down and pushed around way too many times to be one of the 10 best recruits in his class out of state. He is ranked so high because his potential not what he has actually accomplished yet. If you went off of what he physically does game in and game out he would be ranked much lower.

But don’t take that as me taking a shot at the young man. It is me giving the young man a compliment he is not so wrapped up in being a basketball star. He is being a teenager that with all his talent and all his hype is hard to accomplish to not do what people expect but just enjoy being a teenager.

So my earlier point was people who knows these things are not all Gallia should be this, this and this . We want them to be very good and they want to be good. But we understand that we are probably not going to be a juggernaut just because it is not like this group of kids have put all there eggs in one basket. And we are ok with that.

Very good Post. I agree with about everything that you have said. The Potential is there, in time he just needs to go out and work harder to reach his goals.



FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by FANOSPORTS » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:29 am

Jason Vorhees wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:30 am
I'm calling it now, GA will finish with at least 18 wins, tie for the conference championship, and not make it to Regionals. Their lineup is great but their coaching staff not so much. Every close game they had last year on the road or playing a team with grit (i.e., Coal Grove and Fairfield-Union) beat them. That eventually has to fall on the staff. Ray Charles could coach this GA group to OVC championship and GA might not be able to do that with the staff they have in place.
I don't know as an outsider anything about the coaching staff but anytime you got a 7' 2" in SEO (which hardly ever happens in my recollections of 50 years down there), and you have another 2 or 3 good players that complement him you'll definitely compete at the district level but winning districts, let alone a regional game is so far beyond 2 or 3 players. You gotta have great starting five chemistry and and 2 great players off the bench to get to that level. If they've not been there and experienced the venues, fans, hoopla before It's sometimes too much for a lot of teams.


"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Rebels on 3
All State
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:35 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by Rebels on 3 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:26 am

Gallia is built to make a deep tourney run. Coaching is their only real weak spot.


The original Rebels on 3. Imposter stole my name
but I got it back. Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!

svac83
All State
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by svac83 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm

I don’t think coaching a weak spot at all. First you call coal grove a close game on road. They were way down that entire game.

The Fairfield union game got a way from them do to a lack of tourney expiriance. The devils got greedy and tried to expand lead to 5 or 6 before they slowed game down. Had one bad possession and Fairfield union got the one point lead and began to take air out of ball.



Rebels on 3
All State
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:35 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by Rebels on 3 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:40 am

svac83 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm
I don’t think coaching a weak spot at all. First you call coal grove a close game on road. They were way down that entire game.

The Fairfield union game got a way from them do to a lack of tourney expiriance. The devils got greedy and tried to expand lead to 5 or 6 before they slowed game down. Had one bad possession and Fairfield union got the one point lead and began to take air out of ball.
Who called Coal Grove a close game????


The original Rebels on 3. Imposter stole my name
but I got it back. Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!

Reds Fan
Freshman Team
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by Reds Fan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:28 pm

how are gallia's guards I know they have two studs in McClelland and Call but other than those two I do not know of any other stand out guards.



svac83
All State
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by svac83 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:08 pm

there best true guard is Blouir. he should replace wiseman form last year in starting line up.



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by VetteMan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm

I thought Blouir was very good last year . I thought he showed a lot of promise last year. He should step right into the starting lineup. Does the Blue Devils and Oak Hill still play the Foundation Game before the season starts?



Reds Fan
Freshman Team
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by Reds Fan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 am

VetteMan wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm
I thought Blouir was very good last year . I thought he showed a lot of promise last year. He should step right into the starting lineup. Does the Blue Devils and Oak Hill still play the Foundation Game before the season starts?
what grade is the Blouir boy in?



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by VetteMan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm

I could be wrong, but I think he would be a junior this year.



Tri-StateYouthSports
All State
Posts: 1297
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm
Contact:

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:44 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm
I could be wrong, but I think he would be a junior this year.
Jr. (2020)



User avatar
one Oak
JV Team
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Oak Hill, Ohio

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by one Oak » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 am

VetteMan, according to the Oak Hill schools website, Gallia Academy will be at Oak Hill for the Foundation Game on Tuesday, November 20th.



sandstorm23
Riding the Bench
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:32 am

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by sandstorm23 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:40 am

Does Gallia Academy have their entire basketball schedule posted somewhere?



Geronimo
Varsity
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 am

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by Geronimo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Is there any new faces on this years ball club ?



svac83
All State
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by svac83 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:37 pm

sandstorm23 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:40 am
Does Gallia Academy have their entire basketball schedule posted somewhere?
Gallia academys total games on arbiter keeps on going up and down. it is my guess they are getting invited to some winter tourney games and are getting out of contracts with other treams that were on schedule already.



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by VetteMan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:12 am

one Oak wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 am
VetteMan, according to the Oak Hill schools website, Gallia Academy will be at Oak Hill for the Foundation Game on Tuesday, November 20th.
Yes, you are right. I checked on that a few days ago myself. I was telling Pfoyd that I was pretty sure that Gallia Academy and Oak Hill have played each other in the Foundation game for probably the last 6-8 years.



User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8427
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by pfloyd » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:17 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:12 am
one Oak wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 am
VetteMan, according to the Oak Hill schools website, Gallia Academy will be at Oak Hill for the Foundation Game on Tuesday, November 20th.
Yes, you are right. I checked on that a few days ago myself. I was telling Pfoyd that I was pretty sure that Gallia Academy and Oak Hill have played each other in the Foundation game for probably the last 6-8 years.
... what are we looking at for GAHS as to the number of BB players who are on the OVC Champion/Week#11 post season Blue Devils ?


Image

Moose2175
Waterboy
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:46 am

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by Moose2175 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:19 pm

The problem is everyone thinks that Loveday is gonna carry this team...that’s just not true...knowing this kid since he was born and watching him grow over the years I do like his competitive emotion, but his down fall has always been transition. Put him in a game with a team who built around quick movement and running the floor and you’ll see what he’s really made of...



645945
Riding the Bench
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by 645945 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:14 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:17 pm
VetteMan wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:12 am
one Oak wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 am
VetteMan, according to the Oak Hill schools website, Gallia Academy will be at Oak Hill for the Foundation Game on Tuesday, November 20th.
Yes, you are right. I checked on that a few days ago myself. I was telling Pfoyd that I was pretty sure that Gallia Academy and Oak Hill have played each other in the Foundation game for probably the last 6-8 years.
... what are we looking at for GAHS as to the number of BB players who are on the OVC Champion/Week#11 post season Blue Devils ?
Two starters from last years team are playing football. That being McClelland and Call. There are more players on the football team. Ben Cox being a quality 6 or 7 man off the bench. There are a couple sophomores that will probably be JV only unless something crazy happens.



Post Reply