Waterboy

Re: 2018/2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by sportzfan »

Well said my friend!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

How about these players pick up a basketball couple times a week even if their in another sport for an hour. Most kids today play a another sport ,which is great but many don't touch a basketball for most of 4-5 months. That's a reason basketball is very average in many parts of the state. Basketball is a game of skill. No way around it.

Prep Expert
Freshman Team

Post by Prep Expert »

You friends with the family svac? From my understanding Loveday plays aau the entire month of July on a big time aau team. I’m quite certain that involves a lot of practice time. The growth that he has made is remarkable. You say he’s not a gym rat, I emphatically disagree with you. He is one of the most remarkable players we have had in Southeastern Ohio. How about you guys give this young man some credit!

sportzfan
Waterboy

Post by sportzfan »

Prep Expert wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:02 am You friends with the family svac? From my understanding Loveday plays aau the entire month of July on a big time aau team. I’m quite certain that involves a lot of practice time. The growth that he has made is remarkable. You say he’s not a gym rat, I emphatically disagree with you. He is one of the most remarkable players we have had in Southeastern Ohio. How about you guys give this young man some credit!
How about you read more carefully.

Prep Expert
Freshman Team

Post by Prep Expert »

I’m not real good at reading between the lines. Sure sounded like you were questioning this young mans ability. It’s not a playoff in basketball, it’s called a tournament. Playoffs are for football.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Loveday works very hard at AAU and works hard with his personal trainer. Never said he didn’t. I also will tell you he understands 95% of high school recruiting happens on the AAU circuit.

When it comes to high school basketball he wants to win with his team but you miss a summer basketball week because of a family vacation and another event because of your commitment to the band. And another event for a fishing trip. He is willing to sit a half or a whole game to miss practice to hunt. Tells me that you are still very busy being a kid it has nothing to do with how talented you are.

But he has been shut down and pushed around way too many times to be one of the 10 best recruits in his class out of state. He is ranked so high because his potential not what he has actually accomplished yet. If you went off of what he physically does game in and game out he would be ranked much lower.

But don’t take that as me taking a shot at the young man. It is me giving the young man a compliment he is not so wrapped up in being a basketball star. He is being a teenager that with all his talent and all his hype is hard to accomplish to not do what people expect but just enjoy being a teenager.

So my earlier point was people who knows these things are not all Gallia should be this, this and this . We want them to be very good and they want to be good. But we understand that we are probably not going to be a juggernaut just because it is not like this group of kids have put all there eggs in one basket. And we are ok with that.

now if you think I am putting kid down I don’t get it. But to each is own. I don’t miss a game love watching this team play. And I think when it is time for him to get serious he could be a huge force. Or at least I hope so.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Loveday will be a matchup nightmare for any team he faces. With him, the Blue Devils are a legitimate threat for the regionals, maybe state. Without him, GAHS would have a hard time getting past the district semifinal given how competitive D2 is in the SE district. Just remember that there is no one in the entire district as physically imposing as he is. He has a good cast of Blue Devils around him, but he makes the whole of the team better.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

How true !

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

potential is the key word. I am sure the ACADEMY is loving the gate the kid is bringing.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

trojandave wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:37 pm Loveday will be a matchup nightmare for any team he faces. With him, the Blue Devils are a legitimate threat for the regionals, maybe state. Without him, GAHS would have a hard time getting past the district semifinal given how competitive D2 is in the SE district. Just remember that there is no one in the entire district as physically imposing as he is. He has a good cast of Blue Devils around him, but he makes the whole of the team better.
I would say they’d have a hard time getting out of the sectional without him.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Devils should be disappointed with anything less than a conference title and a deep tournament run. Should be Gary's best team here

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

svac83 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 pm Loveday works very hard at AAU and works hard with his personal trainer. Never said he didn’t. I also will tell you he understands 95% of high school recruiting happens on the AAU circuit.

When it comes to high school basketball he wants to win with his team but you miss a summer basketball week because of a family vacation and another event because of your commitment to the band. And another event for a fishing trip. He is willing to sit a half or a whole game to miss practice to hunt. Tells me that you are still very busy being a kid it has nothing to do with how talented you are.

But he has been shut down and pushed around way too many times to be one of the 10 best recruits in his class out of state. He is ranked so high because his potential not what he has actually accomplished yet. If you went off of what he physically does game in and game out he would be ranked much lower.

But don’t take that as me taking a shot at the young man. It is me giving the young man a compliment he is not so wrapped up in being a basketball star. He is being a teenager that with all his talent and all his hype is hard to accomplish to not do what people expect but just enjoy being a teenager.

So my earlier point was people who knows these things are not all Gallia should be this, this and this . We want them to be very good and they want to be good. But we understand that we are probably not going to be a juggernaut just because it is not like this group of kids have put all there eggs in one basket. And we are ok with that.

Very good Post. I agree with about everything that you have said. The Potential is there, in time he just needs to go out and work harder to reach his goals.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:30 am I'm calling it now, GA will finish with at least 18 wins, tie for the conference championship, and not make it to Regionals. Their lineup is great but their coaching staff not so much. Every close game they had last year on the road or playing a team with grit (i.e., Coal Grove and Fairfield-Union) beat them. That eventually has to fall on the staff. Ray Charles could coach this GA group to OVC championship and GA might not be able to do that with the staff they have in place.
I don't know as an outsider anything about the coaching staff but anytime you got a 7' 2" in SEO (which hardly ever happens in my recollections of 50 years down there), and you have another 2 or 3 good players that complement him you'll definitely compete at the district level but winning districts, let alone a regional game is so far beyond 2 or 3 players. You gotta have great starting five chemistry and and 2 great players off the bench to get to that level. If they've not been there and experienced the venues, fans, hoopla before It's sometimes too much for a lot of teams.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Gallia is built to make a deep tourney run. Coaching is their only real weak spot.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don’t think coaching a weak spot at all. First you call coal grove a close game on road. They were way down that entire game.

The Fairfield union game got a way from them do to a lack of tourney expiriance. The devils got greedy and tried to expand lead to 5 or 6 before they slowed game down. Had one bad possession and Fairfield union got the one point lead and began to take air out of ball.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm I don’t think coaching a weak spot at all. First you call coal grove a close game on road. They were way down that entire game.

The Fairfield union game got a way from them do to a lack of tourney expiriance. The devils got greedy and tried to expand lead to 5 or 6 before they slowed game down. Had one bad possession and Fairfield union got the one point lead and began to take air out of ball.
Who called Coal Grove a close game????

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

how are gallia's guards I know they have two studs in McClelland and Call but other than those two I do not know of any other stand out guards.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

there best true guard is Blouir. he should replace wiseman form last year in starting line up.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I thought Blouir was very good last year . I thought he showed a lot of promise last year. He should step right into the starting lineup. Does the Blue Devils and Oak Hill still play the Foundation Game before the season starts?

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm I thought Blouir was very good last year . I thought he showed a lot of promise last year. He should step right into the starting lineup. Does the Blue Devils and Oak Hill still play the Foundation Game before the season starts?
what grade is the Blouir boy in?

Return to “Boys Basketball”