Where will Loveday sign????

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Where will Loveday sign????

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:50 am It would be foolish to say he isn’t a good player especially in SE Ohio. The closest player I have seen to his size and skill set was Jason Collier at Springfield Central Catholic. He went to Georgia Tech when they were really good. His game inside and out were further along at this point.

Not going to a prep school is a mistake from a pure basketball prospective. If he wants to hang with his buddies and be a kid then he is where he needs to be. That is a family choice.
Collier was a McDonald's All American and was much further along at this stage plus he had a guard (Jason Ronai) that helped take the pressure off him and could shoot from anywhere. They won the State tourney in 96' and he spent his first 2 years at Indiana under Bobby Knight and then went to Ga. Tech. I was courtside at that championship game in old St. John Arena and he took over the game against Lincolnview who at that time had Brandon Pardon (g) who could light it up himself and was All State. They won the semi by 32 and championship by 25 I believe. I think he avg. 5 or 6 points a game for the Rockets and Hawks for about 5 years in the NBA but sadly passed away at 28 from an enlarged heart. He was a great high school player. (RIP) :(

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

If he wants real playing time I would say he should go to a little smaller school than a Big Ten or ACC team. Maybe go MAC or C-USA and could possibly get some real playing time his last 2-3 years. I’ve seen some really talented big men go to OSU from Ohio and you rarely see them come off the bench. But I’m sure in a young kids mind at this
Point the bigger school the better. Van horn from
Fairland was a little smaller than Loveday but just as talented and he went to a small school so he could get some playing time his first year. It will be interesting to see where he actually ends up and if he gets playing time a year or two down the road.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have always thought of him as the kind of big guy a Purdue or Wisconsin would use. Guys that you think would be huge low post players but really end up sort of being a defensive inside outside player on offensive end. But I really have to say. I watch a lot of high school
Ball and college ball. But have spent no time evaluating or thinking about how those skills transfer from one level to the next.

Bigbluefan12
Waterboy

Post by Bigbluefan12 »

Mr. Loveday was in attendance at the Michigan basketball game today

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bigbluefan12 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:16 pm Mr. Loveday was in attendance at the Michigan basketball game today
Bleh....but that would be awesome for him

I don’t believe he’ll go there

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I got the chance to meet Zach last Wednesday and he has a fan in me. He came off like a great kid. Nice sense of humor and well spoken.

FYI....he was wearing OSU nikes that night. Just saying.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Anywhere but the school up north

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

packers80 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:05 pm Anywhere but the school up north
That's a 10-4, 10-4 twice!

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Every kid in Ohio would love to play for the Buckeyes! I can't imagine what it would be like to put on the scarlet and gray and run out for the Buckeyes!

Would live to see him sign with the Bucks, but will support him any where he decided to play!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Not sure how accurate it is, but I heard this weekend he was looking at going to Prep school. Anyone close to him with any more info on that? I wish him well and want to see him succeed.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

I know from a very reliable source that Loveday is in constant contact with Huntington Prep. Not 100% sure if he’ll leave Gallia to attend HP, but it’s a real possibility.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Rebels on 3 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:11 pm I know from a very reliable source that Loveday is in constant contact with Huntington Prep. Not 100% sure if he’ll leave Gallia to attend HP, but it’s a real possibility.
You don’t need a reliable source go to any Gallia academy basketball game any night Huntington prep not playing and you can find the coach within about 3 rows right behind the blue devils. Everyone associated with the Gallia academy program I think on a first name basis with them have been for 3 years now.

So far the only thing I have ever heard Zack say is. He would like to be Gallia academy’s all time leading scorer and graduate with his friends.

I know some colleges have offered him conditionally on him going to a prep school or redshirting. Gallia academy will bring almost nothing back next year I would not be surprised if he made the leap.

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

I know he is only a junior, but seeing him play against any big man that has a bigger body, Woodside and the boy from Logan, I would think Rio Grande would be a great fit for him unless he can learn to play against real post players. Last years district performance should have been an embarrassment. He never got inside the foul line unless Big timber went to the bench.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A little more weight and some weight training will help him greatly. From watching him against Logan it looks like he need to watch the coach and not people sitting in the stands. Saw him once in that came looking in the stands and not going down the floor with the rest of the team.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:42 am I know he is only a junior, but seeing him play against any big man that has a bigger body, Woodside and the boy from Logan, I would think Rio Grande would be a great fit for him unless he can learn to play against real post players. Last years district performance should have been an embarrassment. He never got inside the foul line unless Big timber went to the bench.
:roll:

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:28 pm A little more weight and some weight training will help him greatly. From watching him against Logan it looks like he need to watch the coach and not people sitting in the stands. Saw him once in that came looking in the stands and not going down the floor with the rest of the team.
He was too busy looking over at his dad and the two guys with his dad instead of the coach. That was a raucous front row with them three.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

That just tells me one thing ?WOW !

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:27 am
Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:42 am I know he is only a junior, but seeing him play against any big man that has a bigger body, Woodside and the boy from Logan, I would think Rio Grande would be a great fit for him unless he can learn to play against real post players. Last years district performance should have been an embarrassment. He never got inside the foul line unless Big timber went to the bench.
Same thing I said on Pg 1 of this thread a long time ago !!!!! (Rio Grande ) He'll either get no playing time or end up transferring at a big school, Mark it down.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

It’s ridiculous that NAIA D2 Rio Grande isn’t listed as an offer for him on the recruiting sites alongside Florida, Ohio State and Xavier!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:10 pm
It’s ridiculous that NAIA D2 Rio Grande isn’t listed as an offer for him on the recruiting sites alongside Florida, Ohio State and Xavier!
Is he even good enough to have gotten an offer from Rio though?!

It’s potential, not what you’ve done in high school. Pretty tough for some to figure out though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”