Top ten SEO Teams just for fun

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Top ten SEO Teams just for fun

Post by Truth&fiction »

Prior to the Purple Hippo anouncing elite 8 who would like to announce their top ten ?

I'll start it in no particular order
Athens
Sheridan
Logan
Gallia
Wheelersburg
Cillicothe
Warren
Unioto
Jackson
Ironton

Top 6 were a lock I picked bottom 4 at random . This is just for fun and not intended to slight anyone . I could be totally wrong so it will not hurt my feelings. Basketball season will be here sooner than we think.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Top ten SEO Teams just for fun

Post by trojandave »

Truth&Fiction: From your list, I'd rank the top 5 as Gallia, Logan, Wheelersburg, Warren, and Chillicothe. Here's a capsule summary on those top 5:

Gallia: Absolutely loaded this year, led by 7-0 Zach Loveday. The Blue Devils return 4 starters, and should have a strong bench to support them. They should roll through the OVC, and are a good bet to reach the D2 regionals, maybe the state. They might just be the best team in all the SE district, and expectations should be high in the French city.
Logan: Coach Rider led his Chieftains to the best season in quite a while, winning a D1 sectional game. They return quite a bit, and with their good non-conference schedule, only rivaled by Chillicothe, could duplicate what happened last season.
Wheelersburg: Pirates return 6-6 Tanner Holden, 6-2 Trent Salyers, and 6-3 (first name?) SO Truitt, and they will provide Coach Ater with a good nucleus which should culminate in an SOC II title (watch out for Waverly). WHS is the favorite for the D3 district title.
Warren: Simply put, when was the last time the Warriors DIDN'T have a good basketball team? Coach Maddox will once again challenge for the district title, maybe not win it, but will be in the mix.
Chillicothe: No one played a tougher non-conference schedule last season than the Cavaliers. Losing the Roderick twins and Brandon Maughmer will be a lot for CHS to overcome. I don't think their record will be noteworthy, but their schedule cuts them some slack in my eyes.

Of your remaining 5, Unioto doesn't return a whole lot, and aren't favored to win the SVC, but Coach Hoops has a record of success. Athens will probably have a good record because the TVC won't be that strong. Sheridan plays in a good league in the MVL, but the Generals always seem to fade quickly in the tournament. Jackson will challenge Chillicothe for the FAC title, but I'm not quite convinced that the Ironmen can be consistent enough to be sitting at the elite table. Ironton may be the sleeper in all the SE district. The Fighting Tigers return Charlie Large, Ethan Wilson (4 year varsity players) and 6-3 SO Reid Carrico. IHS won't win the OVC, but they likely won't be outside the top 2 or 3. No one in D3 will want to see Ironton in their tournament bracket.

Keep an eye on these teams:

Waverly: I saw them this summer, and I would be shocked if the Tigers don't seriously challenge Wheelersburg for the SOC title. Not only that, but WHS will be serious player for the D2 district title. If Coach Robertson has his team playing that scrambling defense like last year, it will be a headache playing them.
Chesapeake: The Panthers basically return about everybody, losing only 1 starter, but the biggest question mark I have for CHS is their lack of outside shooting, which was woeful last year. 6-3 SO Eli Archer will be one of the better players in the OVC and the district.
Eastern Pike: Coach Tom Barrick has a bunch coming back, and will be a challenger for the D3 district title. The Eagles should win the SOC I title handily. PG Evan Leist is one of the quickest players in the district.
Eastern Brown: Coach Buechler has most of his team back, but not much size. That doesn't seem to make any difference with his outstanding coaching. The Warriors are always one of the most difficult teams to play against.
Zane Trace: Seems like there is a lot of momentum for Coach Kellough in Pioneer land. They could be the favorite to win the SVC, and if they could unseat Unioto for that distinction, they would have to considered as one of the top teams in the SE district, at least in the top 10-15.

These are 15 teams that will most likely be battling for Pfloyd's Elite 8 list, and of course there are some teams that I didn't mention that probably should get some pub.

Can't end my post without mentioning my beloved Trojans. Honestly, we're a year away from being really good, but this year should be fun because we will have quite a bit of talent but not much experience. It wouldn't surprise me if they pull off some upsets. 6-2 JR Matthew Fraulini should make 1st team all district. GO TROJANS!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good Post,Great rundown of a lot of good teams.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

great run down Dave, thx for the work!

Return to “Boys Basketball”