Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd »

Pa Trojan , Arbiterlive.com has 20 games listed : http://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/6171491

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

Vinton Co was at LE Saturday. Any word on how that went???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 pm ... I haven't been able to get any information as to how the Purple from Logan did at the Delaware Hayes scrimmage this past weekend ... nothing posted from LHS fans on SEOPs or FB this weekend ... Logan goes to Thomas Worthington Friday for another scrimmage - I don't know if TW is the only team or there will be multiple teams participating ...

... Logan was very competitive with Delaware Hayes at the scrimmage even though the Purple only took 1 of the scrimmage quarters outright ... coaches said it was a good match-up for Logan to be in early in the preseason ... Logan travels Friday to an 8 team scrimmage at Thomas Worthington (6pm tip off) ... on a side note - the JV's played very well I was told ...

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Pfloyd thx so much my friend!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pa Trojan wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:01 pm Pfloyd thx so much my friend!
... absolutely Pa Trojan ! pfloyd will take care of you !

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

you have always done this !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... okay - it's Friday night, it's cold outside I SHOULD BE INSIDE, SITTING IN THE CHEAP SEATS IN A GYM SOMEWHERE BELOW THE LANCASTER-DIXON LINE !!! ... Logan is playing in a scrimmage tonight vs 8 teams at a get together thrown by Thomas Worthington out of the OCC - couldn't bring myself to battle the C'bus traffic on a Friday night ... Logan Elm is scrimmaging Lancaster in the morning ... I may have to get up early and head for L'town to see the youngsters of Coach Stiverson & Coach Holbert take on an early season Logan opponent in the Gales ...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What district is Ripley in?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

what district is Fayetteville-Perry in?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

mattash wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:39 am what district is Fayetteville-Perry in?
mattash wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:08 am What district is Ripley in?
Both are in Southwest.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... had to circumvent a Lancaster parade road block - trying to keep pfloyd from seeing any basketball before the regular season - to get to Lancaster High School to watch Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert's Logan Elm Braves take on the Gales of LHS ... no napkin stats, only general observations - I watched and smiled as LE did what you come to expect from a Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert TEAM - fundamentals, man to man D mixed with a good zone at times ... the youngin's are sophs now, the sophs are juniors ... I was sitting in the stands thinking these KIDS ALREADY have 23 varsity games under their belts ! they will have in the neighborhood of 48 or so varsity games by the time they are SUPPOSED TO BE ready for the varsity ! ... LE = fundmental basketball, high BB IQ players, 4-5 ball handlers, 4-5 three point scorers, 4-5 players who attack the rim ... LE took 4 quarters while Lancaster picked up 2 (the first & 5 th quarters) ... Logan Elm has very little size - will need the size they do have to get tougher in the paint, neither big looks to score down low ... the Braves will be a handful ! ... They seem to lack that hard nosed inside presence - they will miss a Cody Anderson who I thought did an outstanding job bringing along the bench full of youngsters last season with his floor leadership ...

... I smiled the whole time as I saw the fundamentals I like to see - crisp perimeter passing, dribble drives to the rim, perimeter scoring , defensive technique that takes a back seat to no one - bodies on offensive players, redirecting in the paint with bodies/hands , defense leading to transition buckets , quick hands in the passing lanes - ALL are expected when watching a Stiverson/Holbert LE squad ...

Lancaster ? they had the size advantage over LE - it looked like one big not in uniform/on a stationary bike - a couple of perimeter scorers but nothing special ... LHS didn't handle perimeter pressure well - picked a number of times for transition points by LE ... LE was effective in trapping in the 3/4 court ... LHS doesn't have much speed ... will be interesting to see how Logan does vs the Gales or how the Gales do vs Logan ...

... I feel better HEARING THE SQUEAKING OF SHOES/SEEING fundamental basketball ... all is good again ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Logan Elm 14 year olds from last year's freshmen class on varsity - names that we all will KNOW this year, next year AND the NEXT year ! :

(sophs) Jeremy Wietelmann , Isaac Ward, Jason Sailor, Gabe Chalfin ... Evan Huffman (sr) Jared Harrington (jr) ... very good now, going to be outstanding in the LE program ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson went 4-2 today in scrimmage at Licking Valley and bs Columbus Academy. Big strong teams and lost 1 by 1 in OT

Looking good 8-10 deep

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... can't get information about the Logan performance at Thomas Worthington last night ... 8 teams participated last night from the OCC & Logan as an independent ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:52 pm ... can't get information about the Logan performance at Thomas Worthington last night ... 8 teams participated last night from the OCC & Logan as an independent ...
Logan played very good yesterday against some tough competition. Don't have the exact results for every quarter, but they played very close with Kilbourne, beat Lindon Mckinley, split quarters with Thomas Worthington, won both against Racine Southern and won both against Columbus West.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:04 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:52 pm ... can't get information about the Logan performance at Thomas Worthington last night ... 8 teams participated last night from the OCC & Logan as an independent ...
Logan played very good yesterday against some tough competition. Don't have the exact results for every quarter, but they played very close with Kilbourne, beat Lindon Mckinley, split quarters with Thomas Worthington, won both against Racine Southern and won both against Columbus West.
... Southern ??? ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:10 pm
... Southern ??? ...
I heard one team cancelled last minute and they jumped in.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:14 pm

... Southern ??? ...
... how did Southern look ? size ? shooters?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:19 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:14 pm

... Southern ??? ...
... how did Southern look ? size ? shooters?
Wasn't able to attend the scrimmage, just passing on what I was told. Southern scored very little in either quarter they played against Logan. Another poster from Logan might have better knowledge that actually attended.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

270Hoops.com had this to say about Logan's Bo Myers from last nights TW Super Scrimmage :

"Bo Myers (6'5 WG / Logan / 2019): The Malone commit Myers was by far the most skilled player in the gym and a difficult matchup for anyone. An elite shooter with range for days, Myers scored it in every way on Friday, really impressing on the drive. Myers has a great feel, plays with a good pace and knows how to create separation. Look for him to light it up for the Chieftians this winter before moving onto what should be a great college career. "

Return to “Boys Basketball”