Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Reds Fan
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by Reds Fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm So how tall is Loveday? He stood out nicely playing his trombone in the band lol. He looks 7’0 to me. 7’2 or 7’3 wouldcertwinly add to the problem of playing against him.

How about Terry kid? Has he grown?
I've heard loveday is right at 7 foot and the Terry kid I believe is 6'10

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I like Athens in the 8 spot.
Coach Cozart has a lot of different personalities and players with much different skill sets. If he can make it all mesh and manage those personalties - dogs will be in and around the top 8 all year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:30 pm I like Athens in the 8 spot.
Coach Cozart has a lot of different personalities and players with much different skill sets. If he can make it all mesh and manage those personalties - dogs will be in and around the top 8 all year.
I think he turned that corner last year. Team bought in and had, size, skill and length necessary to make zone work and score enough points. I might have them up a spot or two

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Right now I’d guess

1. Logan
2. Gallia Academy
3. Sheridan
4. Chillicothe
5. Warren Local
6. Athens
7. Waverly
8. Jackson...if Davis plays and Yates returns in January, with Cooper Donaldson, Caleb Wallis, Caden Donaldson, Braxton Hammond....I think Jackson can be about 5th

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 pm Right now I’d guess

1. Logan
2. Gallia Academy
3. Sheridan
4. Chillicothe
5. Warren Local
6. Athens
7. Waverly
8. Jackson...if Davis plays and Yates returns in January, with Cooper Donaldson, Caleb Wallis, Caden Donaldson, Braxton Hammond....I think Jackson can be about 5th
is it a 50/50 chance that they play? or will it take some serious convincing to get the boys on the hardwood? but I agree if they do play Jackson will be problem for people. having to play a good Jackson team at home will keep coaches up at night thinking of ways to escape with a win.

Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

How is Wheelersburg not in the TOP 8?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Reds Fan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am

1. Logan
2. Gallia Academy
3. Sheridan
4. Chillicothe
5. Warren Local
6. Athens
7. Waverly
is it a 50/50 chance that they play? or will it take some serious convincing to get the boys on the hardwood? but I agree if they do play Jackson will be problem for people. having to play a good Jackson team at home will keep coaches up at night thinking of ways to escape with a win.
I understand the Yates kid is hurt, why if they don't want to play, is it that important to have to beg them to play? Just asking,know very little about Jackson basketball.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am

1. Logan
2. Gallia Academy
3. Sheridan
4. Chillicothe
5. Warren Local
6. Athens
7. Waverly
I understand the Yates kid is hurt, why if they don't want to play, is it that important to have to beg them to play? Just asking,know very little about Jackson basketball.
I don’t know the answers. If a kid doesn’t want to play it doesn’t affect me at all. I don’t know the Yates family. If Nevan plays he will certainly help. If his injury/doesn’t want to play keeps him from playing I wish him well and an enjoyable last 6 months to his high school years. I know Treylan pretty well. Great kid and have always enjoyed his performances in sports. If he plays it’ll be fun to watch he and his team....if he doesn’t play I imagine he will bulk himself up to a potential D1 caliber football recruit...that would be awesome for him.

Make no mistake though....Jackson is going to be a formidable opponent capable of beating everyone on their schedule. Jackson is taller and longer than normal and are now a team that looks like a basketball team full of basketball players. Jackson should be able to play several different styles this year. Should be a fun season, can’t wait!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

:) Good news out of Jackson

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 pm :) Good news out of Jackson
I92 !!! wellllllllllllllllllll !!! LOL ... Did I win the Lottery !!!!!!!!! yesssssssssssssss ! free parking for all going to Jackson games for the entire basketball season !!!!! LOL ... but seriously folks ... what IS the good news from the Land of the Ironmen ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:19 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 pm :) Good news out of Jackson
I92 !!! wellllllllllllllllllll !!! LOL ... Did I win the Lottery !!!!!!!!! yesssssssssssssss ! free parking for all going to Jackson games for the entire basketball season !!!!! LOL ... but seriously folks ... what IS the good news from the Land of the Ironmen ?
Tell me what game(s) and your parking fee will be covered.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

nice deal!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Well....at least I wasn't to far off on my picks pfloyd. I really think Waverly will go deep in tourney time.

Good list pfloyd...still kinda think the Oaks will be down this year...tough to replace those horses from last year.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:41 pm Well....at least I wasn't to far off on my picks pfloyd. I really think Waverly will go deep in tourney time.

Good list pfloyd...still kinda think the Oaks will be down this year...tough to replace those horses from last year.
I have the Oaks at #30 in the preseason - much of that is the respect I have for Coach Persin - he will get everything out of the kids on the court ... I totally agree on the fact that you don't replace the "horses" from last years graduating class ... the Oaks will step back this season - they'll slow it down, work on beating teams by "out fundamental-ing" the opposition ... that's what Coach Persin TEAMS do - I always enjoy watching the Oaks play for that very fact - I am a BIG promoter of "fundamentals" at both ends of the floor - TEAMS that are fundamentally sound? I watch them play with a smile on my face win or lose, as it tells me that the coach is doing it right ... you're in a whole lot games being fundamentally sound at both ends, then when you add scorers/some size PLUS those fundamentals - that's when you have a championship caliber TEAM ... Coach Persin will get the Oaks back on top - it may not be this season but in the not too distant future imo - it's what Coach Persin does ! he's a coach and teacher of the game - my kind of coach ...

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

out of everyone in SEO who has the toughest schedule?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Reds Fan wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 am out of everyone in SEO who has the toughest schedule?
Would be hard to argue against Logan's schedule.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Reds Fan wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 am out of everyone in SEO who has the toughest schedule?
Logan gets the nod - night in night out the Purple are playing outstanding opponents ... I pointed out in an earlier post that it will be interesting to see the reactions if/when my Chiefs drop a game vs one of these quality "non-Southeast District" opponents during the season - as the committee of one - me - will be taking into account the strength of the Chiefs opponents as to whether the Purple Boyz drop in the rankings (much if at all) ... going to be FUN ranking every week this season ! ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I haven't seen everyones schedule yet, but I would find it pretty hard to see anyone with a more challenging schedule than the Chieftans.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Looking forward to getting this thing rolling, Its that cold season, time to go inside

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:52 pm I haven't seen everyones schedule yet, but I would find it pretty hard to see anyone with a more challenging schedule than the Chieftans.
I just saw the entire Warren schedule for the 2018-19 campaign ...Coach Maddox & the Big Bad Blue are looking at probably the 2nd toughest schedule Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line :

Warren Warriors Basketball 🏀
2018/19 Schedule

Nov 30 @Marietta High School
Dec 4 @Meigs High School
Dec 7 Parkersburg High School
Dec 11 @Frye High School
Dec 15 Meadowbrook High School
Dec 21 Belpre High School
Dec 28 Cols Whitehall Yearling at MC
Dec 29. New Lexington High School
Jan 4 Fort Frye High School
Jan 5 Spring Valley HS at Rio Grande
Jan 11 Athens High School
Jan 15 Marietta High School
Jan 18 @Parkersburg South High School
Jan 19 @Meadowbrook High School
Jan 22 Alexander High School
Jan 26 @Gallia Academy HS
Jan 29 @John Glenn High School
Feb 1 @Parkersburg Catholic High School
Feb 9 @Morgan High School
Feb 12 Parkersburg South High School
Feb 15 @Chillicothe High School
Feb 16 Logan Sr High School

... it's good to see SOME of the same foes that Logan is playing also on the Warren Menu of games : Parkersburg, Parkersburg South twice, Whitehall Yearling, Athens, Gallia, Chillicothe plus the Logan game for Warren ... add the annually a quality rivalry of Fort Frye (2 games) , John Glenn , Meigs will be an excellent team this season as well - "ain't no cupcakes on THAT schedule" either ... Coach Maddox & his staff do a great job of teaching the game of basketball from the biddy leagues UP to the head man Coach Maddox at the high school level - they get the kids to buy into fundamentals and defense ... then they give them the opportunities to "apply" the hoops knowledge vs good to excellent competition ... all of which allows for the staff to "teach" the game from the preseason right into the post season ... such an outstanding PROGRAM which will be GETTING all NEW digs in a year or two due to the passage of their school levy !!! looking forward to seeing games in NEW cheap seats from the NEW Warrior Dome in a couple of years !!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”