Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15305
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by Ironman92 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:47 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:57 pm
I like it ! ... ALL are TEAMS I want to see this season "more than" once - Eastern Brown is one of the top 3 teams in the SHAC this season ... Waverly, Jackson both are either IN the Elite 8 (Jackson) or making a case to be in the Elite 8 (Waverly)... Alexander will be pushing Athens for the TVC Ohio crown this season with good guard play and their own 6-10 post player ... Trimble is my pick to take the TVC Hocking & Howie is one of the best coaches you will find courtside ... Unless I can get down to Fairland for the Big E Classic in early December this will probably the only time I get to see the Dragons & Coach Speed and Coach Evan Salyers ... and then there are my friends from the Peake ! - got to get down to see you and Coach Davis ! the word on the street is The 'Peake will be BACK to where we are used to seeing the Panthers on the hardwood ! good mix of youngin's & size ... a good menu peake71 !
Eastern Brown has the great coach but did lose their all-league shooting guard Hunter Ruckel (6’1 jr) back to Whiteoak....definitely gonna hurt them some. He’s a talented player.



User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:52 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:47 pm
pfloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:57 pm
I like it ! ... ALL are TEAMS I want to see this season "more than" once - Eastern Brown is one of the top 3 teams in the SHAC this season ... Waverly, Jackson both are either IN the Elite 8 (Jackson) or making a case to be in the Elite 8 (Waverly)... Alexander will be pushing Athens for the TVC Ohio crown this season with good guard play and their own 6-10 post player ... Trimble is my pick to take the TVC Hocking & Howie is one of the best coaches you will find courtside ... Unless I can get down to Fairland for the Big E Classic in early December this will probably the only time I get to see the Dragons & Coach Speed and Coach Evan Salyers ... and then there are my friends from the Peake ! - got to get down to see you and Coach Davis ! the word on the street is The 'Peake will be BACK to where we are used to seeing the Panthers on the hardwood ! good mix of youngin's & size ... a good menu peake71 !
Eastern Brown has the great coach but did lose their all-league shooting guard Hunter Ruckel (6’1 jr) back to Whiteoak....definitely gonna hurt them some. He’s a talented player.
Coach Beucler is one of the best - losing an all-league player hurts the cause for EB for sure ... adds to a Whiteoak team that was looking to be moved up in the rankings anyway even without the move"back" by Ruckel ...
Image

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15305
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by Ironman92 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Whiteoak

6’0 Sr Traeton Hamilton...athletic guard who can make things look easy with his athleticism. He was an all-league player last year and a kid you notice when you watch him play.

6’1 Jr Hunter Ruckel....all-SHAC player last year. Can stroke it from deep which is just what Whiteoak needed. He’ll open up lane for Hamilton

6’2 Sr Zach Rand....big and strong with tremendous hands. He’ll be an all league contender and HM all district type player. I’d guess 12 pts and 10 rb out of him. Great underneath presence

6’5 jr Braedon Yeager....will take a few games adjusting to varsity speed but another big kid that isn’t just tall. Big strong farm boy. I’d guess by the end of the year he’ll be a very good varsity player with some real nice statistical games.

6’2 Sr Atlee Carr....two year starter. Long arms and smartest kid on the floor. Great defender and streaky long range shooter. He’ll be on opponents best scorer more times than not.

6’6 jr Mason Lehr. Another big one that doesn’t have a lot of basketball experience but big and strong and will be a formidable player off the bench.

6’2 Sr Ryan Roberts....guard off the bench that can hit a shot. Smooth player but not much varsity experience, but will be in there

6’1 Sr Logan Cummings, another strong farm kid who will give solid post minutes and always in right place

6’0 sophomore Josh Hughes, battling an injury but a smooth guard with the talent to get rotation minutes

5’10 Sr guard Chase Butler, fun player to watch and gets right into the game off the bench. No conscience and can make some plays

5’11 Sr Jacob Campbell, quick kid who can give some minutes on defense and can run the court

If Coach Blake Kibler can get this team consistently focused and playing solid defense....this could be a district final type team.

Braves87
Waterboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by Braves87 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 pm

Pfloyd, I hope to see you at LE this year to see Coach Stiverson and the young but much improved Braves. The time between football and the start of b-ball are the longest weeks of the year! Thanks for your b-ball knowledge and making it fun on this forum!

Picket Fence
Waterboy
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by Picket Fence » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:42 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:48 am
Picket Fence wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:17 am
pfloyd wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:25 pm
1. Logan : the Purple Chieftains brings years of varsity experience into the 2018-19 campaign with this season lineup ... arguably the best player in the Southeast District Bo Myers (6-5) a perimeter treat from anywhere on the court ... with Logan's lack of overall/experienced size Myers will need to be a threat in the paint as well ... running mates with 3 years of varsity experience under their belts Coby and Caleb Bell both seniors, both perimeter threats, both can get to the rim, both play outstanding D ... more offense will need to come from Wes Brooks & Landon Little both saw lots of varsity action (Brooks as starter/Little off the bench) neither looked to score last season/both have the potential to hit the 3 ball ... last years 6th man Layton Cassady was instant offense from behind the 3 point line ... if Logan goes with experience fans will be looking at "small ball" - tough man D, push the ball, spotting up on the perimeter for the 3 ball ... Logan averaged around 20 triples per outing last season , with the small ball lineup look for the Chiefs to rain 3's at a 24+ per game clip this winter ...
Pfloyd...did you mean Logan attempted around 20 triples per game last season?

Picket Fence - that's what I thought I posted "Logan averaged around 20 triples per outing last season , with the small ball lineup look for the Chiefs to rain 3's at a 24+ per game clip this winter ..." ... I don't have the EXACT napkin stat but I looked at the 10-11 games that I took napkin stats for and at a glance (I didn't take a calculator and find the average) it looked like between 18-20 or so was about right ... last season the Chiefs HAD a "BIG inside with Caiden Landis (6-7) ... in my little mind I see the "small ball Purple" pushing, penetrating and dishing to the perimeter with the talented perimeter shooters they have "AT ALL 5 POSITIONS" ... will they and can they get inside -absolutely ! the Chiefs HAVE some INEXPERIENCED size (6-4 junior Charlie Kline who is a "motor stuck in overdrive" as he just gets after it in the paint /quick off the floor on the boards AND fits into being able to get out & run the floor ... to 6-6 or 6-7 more inexperienced even at the JV level ) ... IF you are in the halls at LHS there ARE a couple of 6-8 strong bodied kids both played hoops as freshmen but not since then - Sam Hall (12) and Jakob Kline (12) both concentrated on other sports FB & Baseball respectively ...
Ok, I was gonna say....18-20 three pointer MADE would have destroyed the the Mentor HS state record (329 3pt FG Made in a season). Logan needs to MAKE 14.5 3pt FGs/Game to break the state record (22 games + 1 tourney game). I’m not an analytics guru but it sounds like they have the TEAM shooting ability to possibly make that a realistic goal. If it could increase their chance to win a lot of ballgames, that’s where the analytics would come into play. An offense similar to the Dan Liedtke @ Fort Frye HS and the late 90s Worthington Christian HS teams would work. Im thinking penetrate & kick with a 3/4 Court trap after made baskets would increase the # of possessions per game. Might be worth it!

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:17 pm

Picket Fence wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:42 pm
pfloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:48 am
Picket Fence wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:17 am


Pfloyd...did you mean Logan attempted around 20 triples per game last season?

Picket Fence - that's what I thought I posted "Logan averaged around 20 triples per outing last season , with the small ball lineup look for the Chiefs to rain 3's at a 24+ per game clip this winter ..." ... I don't have the EXACT napkin stat but I looked at the 10-11 games that I took napkin stats for and at a glance (I didn't take a calculator and find the average) it looked like between 18-20 or so was about right ... last season the Chiefs HAD a "BIG inside with Caiden Landis (6-7) ... in my little mind I see the "small ball Purple" pushing, penetrating and dishing to the perimeter with the talented perimeter shooters they have "AT ALL 5 POSITIONS" ... will they and can they get inside -absolutely ! the Chiefs HAVE some INEXPERIENCED size (6-4 junior Charlie Kline who is a "motor stuck in overdrive" as he just gets after it in the paint /quick off the floor on the boards AND fits into being able to get out & run the floor ... to 6-6 or 6-7 more inexperienced even at the JV level ) ... IF you are in the halls at LHS there ARE a couple of 6-8 strong bodied kids both played hoops as freshmen but not since then - Sam Hall (12) and Jakob Kline (12) both concentrated on other sports FB & Baseball respectively ...
Ok, I was gonna say....18-20 three pointer MADE would have destroyed the the Mentor HS state record (329 3pt FG Made in a season). Logan needs to MAKE 14.5 3pt FGs/Game to break the state record (22 games + 1 tourney game). I’m not an analytics guru but it sounds like they have the TEAM shooting ability to possibly make that a realistic goal. If it could increase their chance to win a lot of ballgames, that’s where the analytics would come into play. An offense similar to the Dan Liedtke @ Fort Frye HS and the late 90s Worthington Christian HS teams would work. Im thinking penetrate & kick with a 3/4 Court trap after made baskets would increase the # of possessions per game. Might be worth it!
... I WISH and I'm SURE Coach Rider & Co. would LOVE to see 18-20 MADE triples per game LOL ... the Chiefs have the talent on the perimeter to be 12-14 made treys per outing with higher numbers tossed in there along the way ... Bo Myers is simply outstanding, he makes 1 and that is strung together for 2-3 in a row ... Cassady is a 3-4 per game player ... the Bell boyz will be looking to knockdown 4-5 per game between them ... realistically 10+ makes per game ... the question marks will be Wes Brooks and Landon Little neither took many triples last year BUT both can hit the 3 ball ! they both will need to look to be "contributors" on the offensive end from the perimeter ... I totally agree with you Picket Fence with the small ball line up the Purple HAVE the experience, strength, ball handling at all positions to be able to penetrate and kick ... I look for the Chiefs D to be outstanding - strong in that they will be able to keep opponents from getting to spots on the court they want to get to ... I'm seeing them playing lockdown D on the perimeter ... without a BIG in the middle with varsity experience THAT is where they will have to work together - I'm only guessing what the Purple will do BUT they have the potential to be outstanding at both ends of the floor ... with their schedule it's a good thing that they are a "veteran" group who have been working out physically and basketball wise all Fall, with Bo and Tegan Myers both playing hoops thru the Fall ... the Purple "ain't" gotta "get into basketball shape" - Bo Myers, Coby Bell, Caleb Bell, Charlie Kline, Tegan Myers, Wes Brooks, Nolan Robinette are ALL there already ... tip it off !
Image

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Braves87 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 pm
Pfloyd, I hope to see you at LE this year to see Coach Stiverson and the young but much improved Braves. The time between football and the start of b-ball are the longest weeks of the year! Thanks for your b-ball knowledge and making it fun on this forum!
... I'm there Braves87 ! looking forward to seeing Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert/Coach Dropsey 's Braves this season ... there's TEAMS I ALWAYS make it a rule to go see - the Logan Elm TEAM is one of them ... Coach Stiverson and his staff do it right - fundamentals, Man to Man Defense ... I totally enjoy seeing LE teams ... LE will be very good this season imo ! the youngsters ALL got thrown into the fire last year - varsity experience, coaching from the head man himself all season - it doesn't get any better - Wietelmann, Ward, Sailor, Chalfin sophs this year ; Evan Huffman, Luke Watson for senior leadership .. Jared Harrington (jr) ... rumor has it there are some very good freshmen coming up this year as well ! ... I will definitely be in the cheap seats to watch the LE youngins' progress throughout the season !
Image

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Trying to get an Eastern Pike Eagles schedule of games for the upcoming campaign - anyone have it ? please post - I'm trying to figure out when I can get down to Beaver to watch the Eagles ... can't make plans without their schedule of games ...
Image

EPN
Freshman Team
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by EPN » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Pfloyd,
Eastern pike schedule
Nov 30 vs oak hill
Dec 7 vs sciotoville
Dec 8 -fairland ... at Portsmouth high school
Dec11 vs green
Dec 14 at western
Dec 18 vs Notre Dame
Dec 21 vs new Boston
Dec 28-29 holiday classic at waverly
Jan 4 at clay
Jan 8 vs symmes valley
Jan 11 at sciotoville
Jan 12 vs Columbus Africentric
Jan 15 vs valley
Jan 18 at green
Jan 19 Dave young classic vs eastern brown at north Adams
Jan 25 vs western
Feb 1 at sciotoville
Feb 5 at minford
Feb 8 at new Boston
Feb 12 at symmes valley
Feb 15 vs clay

I know that has us playing sciotoville 3 times and that’s what the schedule I have says , but I know it’s not right , so one of those dates is wrong just not sure which one !

Pa Trojan
Freshman Team
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by Pa Trojan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:43 pm

would love to see a Portsmouth schedule, If one is on line.

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:56 pm

EPN wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:24 pm
Pfloyd,
Eastern pike schedule
Nov 30 vs oak hill
Dec 7 vs sciotoville
Dec 8 -fairland ... at Portsmouth high school
Dec11 vs green
Dec 14 at western
Dec 18 vs Notre Dame
Dec 21 vs new Boston
Dec 28-29 holiday classic at waverly
Jan 4 at clay
Jan 8 vs symmes valley
Jan 11 at sciotoville
Jan 12 vs Columbus Africentric
Jan 15 vs valley
Jan 18 at green
Jan 19 Dave young classic vs eastern brown at north Adams
Jan 25 vs western
Feb 1 at sciotoville
Feb 5 at minford
Feb 8 at new Boston
Feb 12 at symmes valley
Feb 15 vs clay

I know that has us playing sciotoville 3 times and that’s what the schedule I have says , but I know it’s not right , so one of those dates is wrong just not sure which one !
Thanks EPN !
Image

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by VetteMan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 pm

EPN wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:24 pm
Pfloyd,
Eastern pike schedule
Nov 30 vs oak hill
Dec 7 vs sciotoville
Dec 8 -fairland ... at Portsmouth high school
Dec11 vs green
Dec 14 at western
Dec 18 vs Notre Dame
Dec 21 vs new Boston
Dec 28-29 holiday classic at waverly
Jan 4 at clay
Jan 8 vs symmes valley
Jan 11 at sciotoville
Jan 12 vs Columbus Africentric
Jan 15 vs valley
Jan 18 at green
Jan 19 Dave young classic vs eastern brown at north Adams
Jan 25 vs western
Feb 1 at sciotoville
Feb 5 at minford
Feb 8 at new Boston
Feb 12 at symmes valley
Feb 15 vs clay

I know that has us playing sciotoville 3 times and that’s what the schedule I have says , but I know it’s not right , so one of those dates is wrong just not sure which one !
I may be wrong, but I would say one of Sciotoville games should have said at Portsmouth ND.

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Trying to come up with the Pfloyd Tour itinerary for the first couple of weeks ...

Pfloyd Tour:

11/30 ... Fri ... Logan vs The U
12/1 .... Sat ...

ZT TipOff

11:45 NY vs New Hope
1:30 McClain vs Westfall

Piketon Classic
4:30 ... PHS vs Southeastern
6:15 ... Waverly vs Athens
8:00 ... Piketon vs Chesapeake

12/4 ... Tues ... Warren @ Meigs

12/7 ... Fri ... Chillicothe vs Miami Trace
12/8 ... Sat ... Logan Elm vs Liberty Union
12/11 ... Tues ...Eastern Pike vs Green
12/14 ... Fri ... Jackson vs Washington CH
12/15 ...Sat ... Chillicothe @ Logan
Image

trojandave
SEOP
Posts: 3457
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--3rd All Time in Ohio

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by trojandave » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Pa Trojan: There is an official OVC schedule on www.trojanhoops.org. It's on the very first article at the top of page 1. I don't have the official dates of the non-conference games, but that should be coming soon.

LucasDavenport
SEOP
Posts: 3073
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by LucasDavenport » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:15 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Trying to come up with the Pfloyd Tour itinerary for the first couple of weeks ...

Pfloyd Tour:

11/30 ... Fri ... Logan vs The U
12/1 .... Sat ...

ZT TipOff

11:45 NY vs New Hope
1:30 McClain vs Westfall

Piketon Classic
4:30 ... PHS vs Southeastern
6:15 ... Waverly vs Athens
8:00 ... Piketon vs Chesapeake

12/4 ... Tues ... Warren @ Meigs

12/7 ... Fri ... Chillicothe vs Miami Trace
12/8 ... Sat ... Logan Elm vs Liberty Union
12/11 ... Tues ...Eastern Pike vs Green
12/14 ... Fri ... Jackson vs Washington CH
12/15 ...Sat ... Chillicothe @ Logan

I look forward to seeing you on 12/14
Value The Opportunity more than The Outcome and The Results will Follow.

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:20 pm

LucasDavenport wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:15 pm
pfloyd wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Trying to come up with the Pfloyd Tour itinerary for the first couple of weeks ...

Pfloyd Tour:

11/30 ... Fri ... Logan vs The U
12/1 .... Sat ...

ZT TipOff

11:45 NY vs New Hope
1:30 McClain vs Westfall

Piketon Classic
4:30 ... PHS vs Southeastern
6:15 ... Waverly vs Athens
8:00 ... Piketon vs Chesapeake

12/4 ... Tues ... Warren @ Meigs

12/7 ... Fri ... Chillicothe vs Miami Trace
12/8 ... Sat ... Logan Elm vs Liberty Union
12/11 ... Tues ...Eastern Pike vs Green
12/14 ... Fri ... Jackson vs Washington CH
12/15 ...Sat ... Chillicothe @ Logan

I look forward to seeing you on 12/14
... I want to shake Coach Scott's hand, tell him how much I look forward to following his TEAM this season ... he'll do a great job THAT I'm sure of LucasDavenport !
Image

Pa Trojan
Freshman Team
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by Pa Trojan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 pm

thx TrojanDave !

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 am

Scrimmages today ! Let us know how everyone looks ! Any surprises? Who grew? Did the holes left by graduation of key players get filled ? ... tell us what you see ...
Image

bman
SE
Posts: 2174
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by bman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:50 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Trying to come up with the Pfloyd Tour itinerary for the first couple of weeks ...

Pfloyd Tour:

11/30 ... Fri ... Logan vs The U
12/1 .... Sat ...

ZT TipOff

11:45 NY vs New Hope
1:30 McClain vs Westfall

Piketon Classic
4:30 ... PHS vs Southeastern
6:15 ... Waverly vs Athens
8:00 ... Piketon vs Chesapeake

12/4 ... Tues ... Warren @ Meigs

12/7 ... Fri ... Chillicothe vs Miami Trace
12/8 ... Sat ... Logan Elm vs Liberty Union
12/11 ... Tues ...Eastern Pike vs Green
12/14 ... Fri ... Jackson vs Washington CH
12/15 ...Sat ... Chillicothe @ Logan
You may want to check the schedule, but I believe Unioto and ZT play on 12/7. Miami Trace is going to be down this year, so that's not going to be much of a game.

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:12 pm

... bman ... I want a chance to see MT and Chilli - a little eyes on both teams to see what they have for myself ... Unioto entertaining ZT IS a good one for sure ... Warren takes on Parkersburg ... Jackson is at McClain ... Waverly takes on the Jeeps of South Webster ...Sheridan vs Tri Valley ... some very good games on Friday evening the 7th of December ... I will take a look at how the top teams do in the first weekend and Tuesday night the 4th then decide where I will head Friday night ...
Image

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:29 pm

... just looked at the Vinton County schedule - Coach Combs' and his Vikings play Alexander at VC on the 7th - THAT might be the game for the Pfloyd Tour ... head down Rte 93 to McArthur to see our friends from VC Country ... lots of folks are touting the Spartans with their own 6-10+ post player in Terry and a good compliment of guards around him ... Both Warren vs PHS & the U vs ZT will be packed - probably not many seats left by the time I can get there for either one of these games ... Sheridan is still playing football - won't be the BASKETBALL version of the Generals until after the 1st of the year ...
Image

User avatar
Logangrad
All Conference
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Logan; the South Side

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by Logangrad » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:24 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:29 pm
... just looked at the Vinton County schedule - Coach Combs' and his Vikings play Alexander at VC on the 7th - THAT might be the game for the Pfloyd Tour ... head down Rte 93 to McArthur to see our friends from VC Country ... lots of folks are touting the Spartans with their own 6-10+ post player in Terry and a good compliment of guards around him ... Both Warren vs PHS & the U vs ZT will be packed - probably not many seats left by the time I can get there for either one of these games ... Sheridan is still playing football - won't be the BASKETBALL version of the Generals until after the 1st of the year ...
AC will play Paint Valley at the ZT Classic; 3 pm tip I believe.
Live Like A Champion!

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Logangrad wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:24 pm
pfloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:29 pm
... just looked at the Vinton County schedule - Coach Combs' and his Vikings play Alexander at VC on the 7th - THAT might be the game for the Pfloyd Tour ... head down Rte 93 to McArthur to see our friends from VC Country ... lots of folks are touting the Spartans with their own 6-10+ post player in Terry and a good compliment of guards around him ... Both Warren vs PHS & the U vs ZT will be packed - probably not many seats left by the time I can get there for either one of these games ... Sheridan is still playing football - won't be the BASKETBALL version of the Generals until after the 1st of the year ...
AC will play Paint Valley at the ZT Classic; 3 pm tip I believe.
... I have it as a 3:15 tip off for this one on Saturday - should be a good one ! AC was a solid team last season ... I expect the same this year for Coach Carpenter's Aces ...
Image

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8299
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Scrimmages this past Saturday ... New Boston traveled to Federal Hocking winning 4 of the 5 quarters vs the Lancers ... Warren was on the road at Sheridan for a multiple team scrimmage - Sheridan (depleted by players still playing football - QB Heller is the PG/Shooting guard on the hoops squad & others) ... Miami Trace, Cambridge, & Licking Valley ... the Warriors of Coach Maddox went 4-1 on the day ... other scrimmages ? ... thank you to those who have text me how these teams looked on the opening day of scrimmages ! greatly appreciated ...
Image

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15305
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by Ironman92 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:34 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:25 pm
Scrimmages this past Saturday ... New Boston traveled to Federal Hocking winning 4 of the 5 quarters vs the Lancers ... Warren was on the road at Sheridan for a multiple team scrimmage - Sheridan (depleted by players still playing football - QB Heller is the PG/Shooting guard on the hoops squad & others) ... Miami Trace, Cambridge, & Licking Valley ... the Warriors of Coach Maddox went 4-1 on the day ... other scrimmages ? ... thank you to those who have text me how these teams looked on the opening day of scrimmages ! greatly appreciated ...
Jackson won 8 of 9 quarters against Canal Winchester, Marietta and Eastern Meigs. They lost 1 quarter by 1 point.....without Nevan Yates, Matt Humphreys and Drew Bragg

Post Reply