2018/19 TVC-Ohio

CourtStreetShuffle
Waterboy

Re: 2018/19 TVC-Ohio (Predictions, POY Talk, Scheules & More)

Post by CourtStreetShuffle »

Athens and Alexander are the favorites. But don't ever count out Vinton County.

Maxfield is my early favorite for POY.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

JustusLeague wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:26 pm Chubb for Athens will be the leader, I see others on the team that hustle but all around sound player, it will be him. Can move well for a big man. As for the rest of the TVC, I see some teams being competitive, NY, will be bad again this year. AD still has unrealistic expectations for the coach, some kids are not even playing bc of him. Sadness continues in Buchtel.
Maybe NY will suprise you Mr Justus.

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

bburner wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:35 am
JustusLeague wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:26 pm Chubb for Athens will be the leader, I see others on the team that hustle but all around sound player, it will be him. Can move well for a big man. As for the rest of the TVC, I see some teams being competitive, NY, will be bad again this year. AD still has unrealistic expectations for the coach, some kids are not even playing bc of him. Sadness continues in Buchtel.
Maybe NY will suprise you Mr Justus.
Not happening.

Mrs. Justus.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

TVC Season Outlook ?

Post by Between the Lines »

Athens looking to be tops ?
What will Vinton County look like with a exodus of players ?
Alexander ?
Wellston with a young team ?

What teams and players to watch ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: TVC Season Outlook ?

Post by Ironman92 »

1. Athens
2. Alexander

3. Meigs
4. Vinton Co

5. Nelsonville
6. Wellston
7. River Valley

I think Athens and Alexander are going to have really good seasons and be contenders for district championships.

I think Meigs is probably a year away but with Baer, Bartrum, Cleland...they should be solid and 3rd or 4th. VC has the best coach in the league and a very good big man in Griffith but lost ton. They will win their share and likely upset some teams along the way.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC Season Outlook ?

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:53 pm 1. Athens
2. Alexander

3. Meigs
4. Vinton Co

5. Nelsonville
6. Wellston
7. River Valley

I think Athens and Alexander are going to have really good seasons and be contenders for district championships.

I think Meigs is probably a year away but with Baer, Bartrum, Cleland...they should be solid and 3rd or 4th. VC has the best coach in the league and a very good big man in Griffith but lost ton. They will win their share and likely upset some teams along the way.
... ditto

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Coaching is more than the X's and O's. I believe a lot of the issues that lead to his departure were off the court issues around the team. Furthermore, Coach Fry is now an assistant coach at Rio Grande, so he is probably happier in his current position. I think Coach Hill will do a nice job in the position. I think folks should wait and see how he does, before throwing him under the bus.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Re: 2018/19 TVC-Ohio

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Does anyone know or have any info on the Shiner's Preview?

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

There is an earlier thread on this and I'm pretty sure it is on Friday, November 23rd.

Crest
Waterboy

Post by Crest »

I get the love for Athens, but why the love for Alex? Alex second in TCV Ohio??? VC has owned this league for years!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Crest wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:55 pm I get the love for Athens, but why the love for Alex? Alex second in TCV Ohio??? VC has owned this league for years!
I think Alexander has 3 of the 4 best players between the two teams. Combs is the best but he lost a lot from last year and Alexander returns some really good players.

VC beating them won’t surprise me but I’m guessing Alex being the better team this year.....I’ve been wrong many times before

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:28 pm
Crest wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:55 pm I get the love for Athens, but why the love for Alex? Alex second in TCV Ohio??? VC has owned this league for years!
I think Alexander has 3 of the 4 best players between the two teams. Combs is the best but he lost a lot from last year and Alexander returns some really good players.

VC beating them won’t surprise me but I’m guessing Alex being the better team this year.....I’ve been wrong many times before
Surprised you would say that unless you didn't get to see the Bulldogs play down at your place this summer. To beat Jackson by 40 points is hard to do, “summer ball” or not. Not trying to argue just think you might be discrediting Athens a little.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ShoeHorn wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Surprised you would say that unless you didn't get to see the Bulldogs play down at your place this summer. To beat Jackson by 40 points is hard to do, “summer ball” or not. Not trying to argue just think you might be discrediting Athens a little.
I think you need to look back through this thread and then apologize

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:26 pm

So you think Athens will win the league but Alex has 3 kids that would start for Athens?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ShoeHorn wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:52 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:26 pm

So you think Athens will win the league but Alex has 3 kids that would start for Athens?
That’s a strange apology.

Are you looking for some kind of Bulldog disrespect from me? Maybe go to pfloyd pre season thread and check our page 3 where I have Athens 2 spots higher than pfloyd and 2 spots above Jackson.

Earlier in this thread I have Athens first in TVC and then Alex 2nd......then someone mentions they get the love for Athens but doesn’t get why so many are putting Alexander 2nd because of all that Combs has done over he year....I said Alex has 3 of the top 4 players between the two schools and then spoke of VC.....Athens not any part of my statement and I don’t even see how you can think it was based on my exact words of response to his post.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Okay, looks like I misread it. I apologize.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ShoeHorn wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:18 pm Okay, looks like I misread it. I apologize.
No problem...hope the Bulldogs and Ironmen can matchup at the Convo

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

I don’t think Chubb will get as many minutes due to injury still doesn’t look like he has fully recovered yet when I saw him at the rec. He laid low this summer and doesn’t look as game ready as he looked last year. The football players look extremely quick and fit. The Williams kid might surprise a lot of people. Hynes and Maxfield will be steady and score major points. I am sure they will all rotate scoring leaders. It might just come down to who has the most amount of minutes on he court.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I didn't even know Eli was injured? He doesn't play football. What was the injury?

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:16 am I didn't even know Eli was injured? He doesn't play football. What was the injury?
He is fine, he just has bad knees. He played a full plethora of minutes in the scrimmage vs Belpre last Saturday. His minutes were not limited at all.

Return to “Boys Basketball”