Shriner's Preview

Post Reply
Maroon2018
Freshman Team
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:27 am

Shriner's Preview

Post by Maroon2018 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Does anyone have a date of when the Athens Shriners Preview is? Also, know what teams will be there?



User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8237
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by pfloyd » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:13 pm

It is usually run the Saturday immediately following Thanksgiving - that would make it Nov 24'ish ... it is also usually TVC teams - not all of them participate - Wahama and Meigs didn't play in it last year ...
Image

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8237
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by pfloyd » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:43 pm

93bulldog ... have you heard anything concrete about the Shriner's TVC Preview ?
Image

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:31 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:43 pm
93bulldog ... have you heard anything concrete about the Shriner's TVC Preview ?
No, but I will look into it!

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8237
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by pfloyd » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:53 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:31 pm
pfloyd wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:43 pm
93bulldog ... have you heard anything concrete about the Shriner's TVC Preview ?
No, but I will look into it!
... thanks 93dog ! as we both know the best thing about the Shriner's Preview is the "program" with TVC Team rosters !
Image

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:59 pm

The program is probably 90% of the reason I go. Lol

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:02 pm

It's unfortunate, but the Shriners preview use to be THE PLACE to go in late November. Always on Saturday, always started about 4:00 and ran till 10 or 11. You had good teams, it wasn't designated to just 'league teams'. Athens, Logan, Trimble, Meigs, Warren, NY, etc ... etc ...

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8237
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by pfloyd » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:14 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:02 pm
It's unfortunate, but the Shriners preview use to be THE PLACE to go in late November. Always on Saturday, always started about 4:00 and ran till 10 or 11. You had good teams, it wasn't designated to just 'league teams'. Athens, Logan, Trimble, Meigs, Warren, NY, etc ... etc ...
... I remember Logan playing in the Preview ... my son played for Logan back in the day - he fouled out during the 2 quarters of action LOL !
Image

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19389
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by Orange and Brown » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:12 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:02 pm
It's unfortunate, but the Shriners preview use to be THE PLACE to go in late November. Always on Saturday, always started about 4:00 and ran till 10 or 11. You had good teams, it wasn't designated to just 'league teams'. Athens, Logan, Trimble, Meigs, Warren, NY, etc ... etc ...
Try hosting the TVC girls preview.....
9 out of 16 teams have committed to play.
Why even have it if teams don't have to show up?
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by VetteMan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Do they rotate the location of the Preview from year to year, or is it usually at one of the larger schools that can handle the crowd?

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by VetteMan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:12 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:02 pm
It's unfortunate, but the Shriners preview use to be THE PLACE to go in late November. Always on Saturday, always started about 4:00 and ran till 10 or 11. You had good teams, it wasn't designated to just 'league teams'. Athens, Logan, Trimble, Meigs, Warren, NY, etc ... etc ...

Try hosting the TVC girls preview.....,
9 out of 16 teams have committed to play.
Why even have it if teams don't have to show up?
is still,

I do know that in the SOC-1, SOC2 preview that 99% of the time, that all the schools do show up. If one of the schools ( Burg ) is still playing football, then the host school will usually split there varsity and jv, and play 2 times. They always match the SOC-1 teams against the SOC-2 teams. The SOC-1 being smaller, always seem more excited to play, where as some of the SOC-2 teams just go through the motions.

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by 93Bulldog » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Shriners always hosts the preview at Athens high school.
It's not really associated with schools or leagues
It's a fundraiser for the shriners

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by VetteMan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 pm

I had no idea that it was held like that. Do the Shriners set up the schedule etc? Sounds like a worthy cause, and probably would draw a lot of fans to be able to get a sneak peek at what everybody has coming up.

Maroon2018
Freshman Team
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:27 am

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by Maroon2018 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:41 am

Just got the word. The preview is Friday November 23rd

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8237
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by pfloyd » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 am

Maroon2018 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:41 am
Just got the word. The preview is Friday November 23rd
... Excellent ! thank you Maroon2018 ...
Image

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by 93Bulldog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:17 am

pfloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 am
Maroon2018 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:41 am
Just got the word. The preview is Friday November 23rd
... Excellent ! thank you Maroon2018 ...
Send Mrs. Floyd out to shop ...
Mr. Floyd goes enjoys hoops all day.
Seems fair to me.

TVC
Varsity
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by TVC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:47 am

Lineups?
Starting times?

ShoeHorn
JV Team
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: Shriner's Preview

Post by ShoeHorn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:33 am

Friday November 23rd at Athens High School
(Subject to change. Trimble could still be playing football)

Alexander vs Federal Hocking 11:00am
Wellston vs Miller 11:45am
Nelsonville-York vs South Gallia 12:30pm
River Valley vs Belpre 1:15
Vinton County vs Trimble 2:00
Athens vs Southern 2:45

Post Reply