Re: 2018/2019 Waverly Tigers

Post by Vik »

Waverly and GA will meet in the regionals

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Vik wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:03 pm Waverly and GA will meet in the regionals
Gallia isn’t beating Sheridan, so they better hope that Waverly does.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Very good representation from Southeasternohio preps last night at Hawhees Palace. Toast, biggdowgg, Trojandave, Mlittle, plus myself all in attendance. Didn't see dani but he was probable there. I am sure there were other posters there I just don't know there handles. Had nice conversations with toast and trojandave. Didn't get a chance to speak to mlittle but wanted to compliment his son who balled out last night. Love talking basketball with other basketball junky's. So excited that the season is almost here. Good luck to Portsmouth and Unioto on their seasons.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ukfanatic wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:51 am Very good representation from Southeasternohio preps last night at Hawhees Palace. Toast, biggdowgg, Trojandave, Mlittle, plus myself all in attendance. Didn't see dani but he was probable there. I am sure there were other posters there I just don't know there handles. Had nice conversations with toast and trojandave. Didn't get a chance to speak to mlittle but wanted to compliment his son who balled out last night. Love talking basketball with other basketball junky's. So excited that the season is almost here. Good luck to Portsmouth and Unioto on their seasons.
I was up on the hill for the majority of the night, which was a very good scrimmage as well. Lots of young talent in the 3 programs as well as obviously with the varsity teams. I was able to catch Unioto’s last 2 quarters, but won’t be able to judge fully until I see the film. I did hear that it went really well and I’m glad to see all of the positive posts about it as well.

Waverly’s pressure is going to be a lot to handle for most teams in the SE District. They will be really good for at least the next 4 years as well. I’m excited to see them against Athens next weekend. Good luck to all 3 teams!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Very enjoyable night at the Downtown Gym.......I was pleased with my Trojans play, considering that we've got 4 new starters and new players off the bench. It was evident that Portsmouth's quickness will cause a lot of problems for opposing teams. As biggdowgg said, there are things that the Trojans need to work on, but Coach Collins will get these issues fixed by the time the season starts. I was glad to see Waverly press us, and even though we had some turnovers against it, the experience of trying to get through it will benefit us in the long run. MyQuel McKinley was outstanding for the Trojans, and Matthew Fraulini showed that he is not only one of the best perimeter shooters in the SE district, but one of the best players period.

Waverly really impressed me.......Coach Robertson has instilled a relentless, defensive mentality into his kids, and they play it the whole length of the court. The Tigers have a good mix of guards, size, shooting, and depth. I'm looking at no worse than 16 wins for Waverly, and they should seriously challenge Wheelersburg for the SOC II title. On paper, the Tigers have the making of a district champion. The young Robertson kid is the real deal. Despite his size, he can flat out ball on both ends of the court, and is fearless in taking the ball to the basket.

Unioto is pretty much in the same situation as is Portsmouth......replacing a lot of players, yet I saw some good things from the Shermans. They don't have as much size as in years past, but Coach Hoops will win with this group. They too played with an aggressive style on defense.

Enjoyed talking with UKFanatic, and he had some nice things to say about the Trojans.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Waverly (#9) vs Athens (#8) on 12/1 at the Piketon Tip Off Classic ... the Tigers can move into the Elite 8 with a statement "W" over the Bulldogs who can make it tough to drop them out of the top 8 as Coach Cozart's AHS boys entertain #2 Gallia Academy on Friday night /opening night 11/30 ... good stuff !

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:22 pm Waverly (#9) vs Athens (#8) on 12/1 at the Piketon Tip Off Classic ... the Tigers can move into the Elite 8 with a statement "W" over the Bulldogs who can make it tough to drop them out of the top 8 as Coach Cozart's AHS boys entertain #2 Gallia Academy on Friday night /opening night 11/30 ... good stuff !
Some great match-ups in the early going....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojandave wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:38 pm Very enjoyable night at the Downtown Gym.......I was pleased with my Trojans play, considering that we've got 4 new starters and new players off the bench. It was evident that Portsmouth's quickness will cause a lot of problems for opposing teams. As biggdowgg said, there are things that the Trojans need to work on, but Coach Collins will get these issues fixed by the time the season starts. I was glad to see Waverly press us, and even though we had some turnovers against it, the experience of trying to get through it will benefit us in the long run. MyQuel McKinley was outstanding for the Trojans, and Matthew Fraulini showed that he is not only one of the best perimeter shooters in the SE district, but one of the best players period.

Waverly really impressed me.......Coach Robertson has instilled a relentless, defensive mentality into his kids, and they play it the whole length of the court. The Tigers have a good mix of guards, size, shooting, and depth. I'm looking at no worse than 16 wins for Waverly, and they should seriously challenge Wheelersburg for the SOC II title. On paper, the Tigers have the making of a district champion. The young Robertson kid is the real deal. Despite his size, he can flat out ball on both ends of the court, and is fearless in taking the ball to the basket.

Unioto is pretty much in the same situation as is Portsmouth......replacing a lot of players, yet I saw some good things from the Shermans. They don't have as much size as in years past, but Coach Hoops will win with this group. They too played with an aggressive style on defense.

Enjoyed talking with UKFanatic, and he had some nice things to say about the Trojans.
[/quote

Did not know how MyQuel spelled his name ,thanks Dave.

And you are correct coach Collins will get things lined out he gets more out of his kids then most coaches I see , getting ready to become the all time winningest.coach at Portsmouth high school.

And Matthew Fraulini is going to surprise a lot of people this year

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Schedule right?

https://seops.org/basketball/team/waverly/

Need
number/name/class/height

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

DD778177-D587-4E47-B592-DB2E70B31020.png

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Waverly will be tested early with the game with Athens. Nice kickoff to the season .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:00 am Waverly will be tested early with the game with Athens. Nice kickoff to the season .
How will Athens playing Gallipolis the night before affect them? Will they be tired with the Gallia game being the first of the season or will it benefit them? Athens will have a game under their belts while this will be Waverly’s first. Different ways of looking at it......

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:11 am
Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:00 am Waverly will be tested early with the game with Athens. Nice kickoff to the season .
How will Athens playing Gallipolis the night before affect them? Will they be tired with the Gallia game being the first of the season or will it benefit them? Athens will have a game under their belts while this will be Waverly’s first. Different ways of looking at it......
This early in the season then I’d guess it would play to Waverly’s advantage. I watched a lot of back to backs last year and that 2nd game was always a little rougher early in the season

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VARSITY ROSTER
0 C 6'6" JR Tanner Smallwood
1 G 5'10" SR Cobe Marquez
2 G 5'7" JR Payton Shoemaker
3 G 5'10" SO Gage Wheeler
4 G 5'6" FR Trey Robertson
5 G 5'10" SR Cody Remington
10 F 6'3" SR Trevor Pendrod
12 C 6'3" SR Ethan Dunn
13 F 6'3" SO Haydn Shanks
15 G 6' SO Jackson Wise
20 G 6' SR Landon Hoover
22 F 6'3" SO Zeke Brown
23 F 6'3" SR Easton Wolfe
G 5'6" FR Mark Stulley
F 6'4" FR Will Futhey

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:01 pm VARSITY ROSTER
0 C 6'6" JR Tanner Smallwood
1 G 5'10" SR Cobe Marquez
2 G 5'7" JR Payton Shoemaker
3 G 5'10" SO Gage Wheeler
4 G 5'6" FR Trey Robertson
5 G 5'10" SR Cody Remington
10 F 6'3" SR Trevor Pendrod
12 C 6'3" SR Ethan Dunn
13 F 6'3" SO Haydn Shanks
15 G 6' SO Jackson Wise
20 G 6' SR Landon Hoover
22 F 6'3" SO Zeke Brown
23 F 6'3" SR Easton Wolfe
G 5'6" FR Mark Stulley
F 6'4" FR Will Futhey
... thanks smurray ! I'll get the lineup on my napkin stat sheets for this coming weekend ...

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly won its foundation game at southeastern 64-55. Waverly dominated most of the night but missed 18 shots within three feet which kept Southeastern in the game. Good luck to the panthers on there season!

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:42 pm Waverly won its foundation game at southeastern 64-55. Waverly dominated most of the night but missed 18 shots within three feet which kept Southeastern in the game. Good luck to the panthers on there season!
That is funny.. Best of luck to Waverly as well they should have a solid season.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Plenty of length, depth, and quickness. Should be a very good season for Waverly and a potential SOC title if they can knock off Wheelersburg.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigers open the season at Piketon tomorrow as they take on the Athens Bulldogs who lost a tough game to Gallipolis tonight.

Return to “Boys Basketball”