Re: 2018/2019 Waverly Tigers

Post by Ironman92 »

I don’t see SW beating Waverly

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:25 pm I don’t see SW beating Waverly
South Webster should beat Waverly, just as much talent and definitely more height. Not that it matters because it was the summer, but I witnessed South Webster put it all over Waverly when they met up last summer.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:32 pm
South Webster should beat Waverly, just as much talent and definitely more height. Not that it matters because it was the summer, but I witnessed South Webster put it all over Waverly when they met up last summer.
I’ve been wrong before...but I don’t see it

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:32 pm

That’s was Waverly’s JV team...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I hear the Tigers did pretty well in their scrimmage with Adena & Amanda at Adena today.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:48 pm I hear the Tigers did pretty well in their scrimmage with Adena & Amanda at Adena today.
... is the Robertson freshman getting PT with the varsity or jv ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:24 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:48 pm I hear the Tigers did pretty well in their scrimmage with Adena & Amanda at Adena today.
... is the Robertson freshman getting PT with the varsity or jv ?
He was varsity this summer and Waverly seemed better when he was in. Kid can play

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Trey will be the first guard off the bench for Varsity. Already making a difference by stretching the floor! Waverly looked good today as did Amanda and Adena. Amanda, couple of nice bigs. Good point guard. Well coached. Two kids wearing knee braces so not ure about their depth. Should compete well in division three. Adena really impressed me. Would struggle in a bigger league but I think will have a shot at winning SVC. I know it is Zane Trace's to lose but Adena has height to match them and the fout kid is pretty good. Waverly going 11 deep is going to cause teams fits. The defensive pressure is intense!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:31 pm Trey will be the first guard off the bench for Varsity. Already making a difference by stretching the floor! Waverly looked good today as did Amanda and Adena. Amanda, couple of nice bigs. Good point guard. Well coached. Two kids wearing knee braces so not ure about their depth. Should compete well in division three. Adena really impressed me. Would struggle in a bigger league but I think will have a shot at winning SVC. I know it is Zane Trace's to lose but Adena has height to match them and the fout kid is pretty good. Waverly going 11 deep is going to cause teams fits. The defensive pressure is intense!
Did Adena try to press the entire time?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:31 pm Trey will be the first guard off the bench for Varsity. Already making a difference by stretching the floor! Waverly looked good today as did Amanda and Adena. Amanda, couple of nice bigs. Good point guard. Well coached. Two kids wearing knee braces so not ure about their depth. Should compete well in division three. Adena really impressed me. Would struggle in a bigger league but I think will have a shot at winning SVC. I know it is Zane Trace's to lose but Adena has height to match them and the fout kid is pretty good. Waverly going 11 deep is going to cause teams fits. The defensive pressure is intense!
... if a team doesn't have guard play to take care of the ball vs Waverly the Tigers will eat them up on the perimeter - we saw that last year at the Convo in the Waverly win over Sheridan ... I just looked at the napkin stats from that 71-60 win ... the Tigers turned Sheridan over 12 times in the 2nd half ... outscoring SHS 50-23 in the last 2 quarters ... that was with Remington in foul trouble the first half ... I'm curious as to where the perimeter scoring will come from for the Tigers with Howell gone due to graduation ? ... but Coach Robertson will get the roles figured out I'm sure - having almost his entire TEAM back from last years Convo TEAM ... good stuff !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:00 pm
... if a team doesn't have guard play to take care of the ball vs Waverly the Tigers will eat them up on the perimeter - we saw that last year at the Convo in the Waverly win over Sheridan ... I just looked at the napkin stats from that 71-60 win ... the Tigers turned Sheridan over 12 times in the 2nd half ... outscoring SHS 50-23 in the last 2 quarters ... that was with Remington in foul trouble the first half ... I'm curious as to where the perimeter scoring will come from for the Tigers with Howell gone due to graduation ? ... but Coach Robertson will get the roles figured out I'm sure - having almost his entire TEAM back from last years Convo TEAM ... good stuff !
Robertson can light it up from the perimeter and mid range

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:06 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:00 pm
Robertson can light it up from the perimeter and mid range
... problem solved or as Inspector Clouseau would say "prob-lem solve-ed" ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I mean Howell was nails...Robertson is a freshman. He’s going to have some freshman moments but I’ve watched this kid some every year since he was a 3rd grader. He’s hard to handle if you’ve never seen him play. He’ll have to make adjustments, but he always has.

Waverly will be a fun team to watch...even if they aren’t hitting shots.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 12/1 @ Piketon ... Waverly vs Athens - I'm looking forward to seeing the young freshman - sounds like he is one of many freshmen Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line who will make an impact THIS season, determining the success of their respective teams in league and post season play ... the rundowns of the freshmen on your thread I92 make it sound like it will be great to watch these youngsters develop and do their thing for the next 4 years - makes me smile ! makes me want to continue traveling the Southeast District for years to come for sure ...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:19 pm ... 12/1 @ Piketon ... Waverly vs Athens - I'm looking forward to seeing the young freshman - sounds like he is one of many freshmen Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line who will make an impact THIS season, determining the success of their respective teams in league and post season play ... the rundowns of the freshmen on your thread I92 make it sound like it will be great to watch these youngsters develop and do their thing for the next 4 years - makes me smile ! makes me want to continue traveling the Southeast District for years to come for sure ...
The Holiday Classic Has the potential to be a dandy again this year. Waverly & Eastern facing each other in the semi should be a war. Piketon is looking to be very good and Coach Fitch has the Western Indians back on track.
Hope you can make it back again this year, pfloyd.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:25 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:19 pm ... 12/1 @ Piketon ... Waverly vs Athens - I'm looking forward to seeing the young freshman - sounds like he is one of many freshmen Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line who will make an impact THIS season, determining the success of their respective teams in league and post season play ... the rundowns of the freshmen on your thread I92 make it sound like it will be great to watch these youngsters develop and do their thing for the next 4 years - makes me smile ! makes me want to continue traveling the Southeast District for years to come for sure ...
The Holiday Classic Has the potential to be a dandy again this year. Waverly & Eastern facing each other in the semi should be a war. Piketon is looking to be very good and Coach Fitch has the Western Indians back on track.
Hope you can make it back again this year, pfloyd.

Unioto @ Waverly Monday for a scrimmage. Is Portsmouth going to be there as well smurray?

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Mlittle. Unioto and Porstmouth at Waverly Monday. Should be another good scrimmage.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

With 11 kids, all who can play and all athletic this team reminds me of the Arkansas teams of the 90’s and 40 minutes of hell. This will be the high school version of 32 minutes!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:57 am Mlittle. Unioto and Porstmouth at Waverly Monday. Should be another good scrimmage.
Would love to check this scrimmage out but probably won’t be able to make it.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:57 am Mlittle. Unioto and Porstmouth at Waverly Monday. Should be another good scrimmage.
Thanks Uk! I Should be able to make this one. I know Waverly has a nice back court. Gonna be fun to see how our youngsters match up. It’ll be a good test for them early in the season. Also looking forward to seeing the renovations to the gym in person!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”