2018 Pike County Holiday Tournament

River Road Rascal
Waterboy

2018 Pike County Holiday Tournament

Post by River Road Rascal »

Looking forward to this tournament this year. Rotation this year is Piketon/Western and Eastern/Waverly first game, that is unless Waverly decides to change it.

Streaks6106
Waterboy

Re: 2018 Pike County Holiday Tournament

Post by Streaks6106 »

Rumor I’m hearing from a few that live in the village up north is they don’t want any part of Eastern. Don’t be surprised if they change the rotation in hopes of getting an easier route to championship game.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

What are the dates this year? Because that Eastern vs Waverly game will be unreal.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Eastern takes this one again this year

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly by 12

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I agree. The Waverly-Eastern game should be a good one. I believe the classic is on Dec. 28 & 29.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly Eastern last year was a great game. Should be another knock down drag out affai this year. Miller, Leist, Weaver, Cochenhiur, vs Remington Marquez, Wolfe and Dunn. Two of the best in Southern Ohio. I don’t think however Waverly is dodging Eastern. Last year when Chesapeake couldn’t find anyone to play Fairland in the beasts of the southeast classic. Waverly stepped up and accepted the challenge. They gave Fairland all they wanted. Coach Robertson Coach Miller and Coach Lockery are not afraid to play anyone anywhere

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:51 am Waverly Eastern last year was a great game. Should be another knock down drag out affai this year. Miller, Leist, Weaver, Cochenhiur, vs Remington Marquez, Wolfe and Dunn. Two of the best in Southern Ohio. I don’t think however Waverly is dodging Eastern. Last year when Chesapeake couldn’t find anyone to play Fairland in the beasts of the southeast classic. Waverly stepped up and accepted the challenge. They gave Fairland all they wanted. Coach Robertson Coach Miller and Coach Lockery are not afraid to play anyone anywhere
As a matter of fact Waverly has beefed up their schedule this year playing at Chillicothe, playing Athens at Piketon as well as Washington Court House, Miami Trace and Jackson.
I don’t know who we play at Chesapeake.

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

anyone have a Waverly schedule?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Pike County has great basketball

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Kyle Miller still in Pike County? One of the best SEOPS basketball player I have seen.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

He’s still at Waverly I believe

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:59 pm He’s still at Waverly I believe
Correct

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I would find it hard to believe that Waverly is dodging anybody. Waverly’s schedule is very good. Even thou Eastern should be good, I don’t think they are scared to play them especially when it is at Home.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Western will surprise in the first round knocking off Piketon.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Should be a very interesting classic this year. I would not be surprised if the Tigers knock off Eastern at home and I'm not sure I would even consider that an upset. Likewise, I would not be shocked if Western knocks off Piketon. If the Jordan kid steps up his game, I believe Western will be able to compete well with the better teams in the area and knock a few of them off along the way.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Classic is always awesome! Something about the teams being so close and the tournament style set up. Throw in 1200 hillbilly’s and terrible referees and it makes for a pretty awesome atmosphere. Nothing like it!

JonSnow
Waterboy

Post by JonSnow »

How is Western looking this pre season? I've heard all about the other three county schools. Not so much on the Indians.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

JonSnow wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:33 am How is Western looking this pre season? I've heard all about the other three county schools. Not so much on the Indians.
... Coach Fitch is an outstanding coach - he TEACHES the game as well as anyone - fundamental basketball, defense as appetizers ... with "good" talent Coach Fitch will make them "very good" just by emphasizing/teaching fundamentals & defense ... add to the mix an OUTSTANDING player or 2 ? Western can/could beat anyone ... looking forward to seeing Western at the Holiday Classic in Waverly ... as Mattash said Pike Co. has excellent basketball ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... pfloyd will miss the OPENING night of games due to Logan hosting Gallia Academy on the 28th - potentially my #1 & #2 teams in the rankings BUT the Pfloyd Tour plans to be in Tiger Town for Championship Night on 12/29 sitting in the Cheap Seats ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”