2018/19 Diaper Dandies (Top Freshman)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

2018/19 Diaper Dandies (Top Freshman)

Post by Ironman92 »

Let’s list some of the top freshman this year.....any who will contribute to varsity?

Having a freshman myself I’ve seen a lot of players across SE district the last two years of jr high.

Trey Robertson 5’6 Waverly....kid is special. He’s very small but can light it up. Dad is coach and will make him earn it....but this summer when I watched them a few times, the Waverly Tigers were better on offense when Robertson was on the floor.

Tegan Myers of Logan.... 6’0 IMO maybe projects to best varsity player but Logan is so good he may just be an excellent JV player.

Trae Zimmerman.... 6’0 South Webster. He may be in there from the get go. Great offensive game. Smooth scorer.

Coulter Cleland....6’0 Meigs , strong kid and can really play. I’ll be shocked if he’s not starting varsity for Meigs

Drew Bragg....6’2 Jackson, none better IMO but kidney laceration from football may keep him off the court for a while. Bragg a great shooter and scorer with skills you can’t teach

Evan Spires....6’0 Jackson, may work his way into the varsity rotation. Spires not flashy but does everything well and incredible at finishing around the rim. Just solid as can be. Way stronger than a freshman.

Aiden Porter....Fairland. Porter can really play and with many graduating he may be in there. Great talent.

Guard from McClain can hit any shot. May see varsity and wil. Be big scorer down the road.

Price kid for Hillsboro 6’2 and can play

Logan Elm has a talented kid. Brady Blizzard of South Webster. Burg has a real good freshman. Portsmouth a couple talented ones. Will Futhey 6’3 Waverly, Trimble has some good freshman, Chillicothe has a couple. Marc Stulley of Waverly is pound for pound the quickest freshman defensive player. Ty Bartrum 6’0 Meigs, Jake McElroy 6’1 Meigs

Who else we have? It’s a strong freshman group.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Top Freshman

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:39 pm Let’s list some of the top freshman this year.....any who will contribute to varsity?

Having a freshman myself I’ve seen a lot of players across SE district the last two years of jr high.

Trey Robertson 5’6 Waverly....kid is special. He’s very small but can light it up. Dad is coach and will make him earn it....but this summer when I watched them a few times, the Waverly Tigers were better on offense when Robertson was on the floor.

Tegan Myers of Logan.... 6’0 IMO maybe projects to best varsity player but Logan is so good he may just be an excellent JV player.

Trae Zimmerman.... 6’0 South Webster. He may be in there from the get go. Great offensive game. Smooth scorer.

Coulter Cleland....6’0 Meigs , strong kid and can really play. I’ll be shocked if he’s not starting varsity for Meigs

Drew Bragg....6’2 Jackson, none better IMO but kidney laceration from football may keep him off the court for a while. Bragg a great shooter and scorer with skills you can’t teach

Evan Spires....6’0 Jackson, may work his way into the varsity rotation. Spires not flashy but does everything well and incredible at finishing around the rim. Just solid as can be. Way stronger than a freshman.

Aiden Porter....Fairland. Porter can really play and with many graduating he may be in there. Great talent.

Guard from McClain can hit any shot. May see varsity and wil. Be big scorer down the road.

Price kid for Hillsboro 6’2 and can play

Logan Elm has a talented kid. Brady Blizzard of South Webster. Burg has a real good freshman. Portsmouth a couple talented ones. Will Futhey 6’3 Waverly, Trimble has some good freshman, Chillicothe has a couple. Marc Stulley of Waverly is pound for pound the quickest freshman defensive player. Ty Bartrum 6’0 Meigs, Jake McElroy 6’1 Meigs

Who else we have? It’s a strong freshman group.
... good stuff I92 ! thank you ! I KNOW how much time Tegan Myers from Logan puts in and has put in just seeing him working out after school with his cousin Bo Myers ... Tegan is a true gym rat who loves playing the game ... it will be interesting to see how much Varsity PT if any he gets - it won't be from lack of practice or effort ON the court ... he has a high bb IQ and is simply going to be darn good ... as far as your list - I just made a hard copy so I can keep track of these kids this season - thanks again I92 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I92 , the freshman for Logan Elm is that Coach Holbert's son ? LE played 4 freshmen LAST season - they were outstanding shooters last year ... with more talent coming in for Coach Stiverson's Braves to go along with Weitelmann,Ward, Sailor, & Chalfin (all freshman last year) ... I'm excited to see these kids this season !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:24 pm I92 , the freshman for Logan Elm is that Coach Holbert's son ? LE played 4 freshmen LAST season - they were outstanding shooters last year ... with more talent coming in for Coach Stiverson's Braves to go along with Weitelmann,Ward, Sailor, & Chalfin (all freshman last year) ... I'm excited to see these kids this season !
I have no idea his name. We saw him in 5th grade and then last two years at Jackson summer league. Nice player.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Re: 2018-19 Diaper Dandies (Top Freshman)

Post by Ukfanatic »

Robertson at Wavely has finally started to grow. Honestly believe if he gets to 5 11 6 foot, he will play anywhere he wants. Won't start in front of Marquez or Remington but will see all the minutes he wants off the bench! Great addition to a stacked Waverly team!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 pm Robertson at Wavely has finally started to grow. Honestly believe if he gets to 5 11 6 foot, he will play anywhere he wants. Won't start in front of Marquez or Remington but will see all the minutes he wants off the bench! Great addition to a stacked Waverly team!
I’ve told people that if he gets to 5’9 he’ll be A first team all-state type player by his senior year

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

McClain also had a long 6’3 8th grader last year that had in game dunks. Chris Starkey, not super skilled at basketball but if he continued to grow at all could be someone getting some minutes for McClain. Likely a jv kid but kid was league champ in 3 track events and can really alter the shots. He looked to have some more growing to him.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Jett Lori 6'0 from Caldwell is supposed to be outstanding, his dad was an excellent player who did very well at WV Wesleyan. The cousin Bede is an 8th grader and from what I gather is even more talented.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:23 pm
Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 pm Robertson at Wavely has finally started to grow. Honestly believe if he gets to 5 11 6 foot, he will play anywhere he wants. Won't start in front of Marquez or Remington but will see all the minutes he wants off the bench! Great addition to a stacked Waverly team!
I’ve told people that if he gets to 5’9 he’ll be A first team all-state type player by his senior year
Waverly with a nice Freshman group. Will the younger Marquez be back on the hardwood after taking off his 8th grade year?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Love watching him play. So smart. He’s definitely the kind of kid you want running your team on the floor. 6 foot is a bit of a stretch tho. 5’9 more realistic but I doubt he even gets to that. Even if he doesn’t he’s gonna be fun to watch over the next 4 season

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:56 pm
Love watching him play. So smart. He’s definitely the kind of kid you want running your team on the floor. 6 foot is a bit of a stretch tho. 5’9 more realistic but I doubt he even gets to that. Even if he doesn’t he’s gonna be fun to watch over the next 4 season
6’ with that talent would be unstoppable. 5’9” would be great.....
Gonna be fun to watch him and these young Tigers these next 4 years.

se-alum
All Conference

Re: 2018/19 Diaper Dandies (Top Freshman)

Post by se-alum »

Aidan Estep @ Southeastern is a good one.

Dillon McDonald and Clay Wilt @ Adena.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

5-8 Amare Johnson of Portsmouth........grandson of Larry Johnson, member on the 1980 Trojan state runnerup team; he will be the starting PG for the Trojans. He is a super quick dynamo of energy, and skill wise is an outstanding ball handler. His on-ball defense is tenacious, and his shooting has improved as well. He is aggressive in going to the basket. Another freshman to watch is 6-1 Daryionne Bryant, who has grown about 4 inches in the past year. He is recovering from a football injury and might be able to play by early to mid December. He has a nice jumper, has good handles, and is excellent at disrupting passing lanes on defense with his long arms.

Excited to see these kids playing for the Trojans for the next 4 years.

I have seen the Robertson kid from Waverly. He is really going to be special for the Tigers. It seemed like he didn't miss a shot when the Trojans scrimmaged WHS during the summer.

piratefan3
Waterboy

Post by piratefan3 »

Sad to see Brock Brumfield from burg not playing, 5'9 and dunking. If he would work he could be a great player, maybe he will work in the offeseason not sure though, Burg's freshman group is the best behind Waverly's and has a bright future with Swords, Masters, and Clark.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Logan and Jackson both have better freshman group than Wheelersburg. Waverlys is the best though. Especially with the addition of Colton Miller

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Another freshman at Portsmouth who will probably see some varsity action at some point of the season is 5-9 Drew Roe, who has a nice all around game and an aggresive mentality in going to the basket.

With Amare Johnson, Daryionne Bryant, and Drew Roe, the Trojans' freshmen class looks really strong.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

who won the game between Waverly and Jackson last year (8th grade)?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pete_Bell wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:16 am who won the game between Waverly and Jackson last year (8th grade)?
Haven’t played a real game with their players since 6th grade. Jackson beat them 3x that year. 4th and 5th grade Waverly always won.

Logan tough and split with Waverly last year. Lost in OT and then beat them by around 20.

Those years are all over. Daddy ball and junior high. Big boy ball now. Jackson has added Evan Spires a top 10 freshman in the district to what they already had but Tristan Prater no longer plays.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:20 pm
Pete_Bell wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:16 am who won the game between Waverly and Jackson last year (8th grade)?
Haven’t played a real game with their players since 6th grade. Jackson beat them 3x that year. 4th and 5th grade Waverly always won.

Logan tough and split with Waverly last year. Lost in OT and then beat them by around 20.

Those years are all over. Daddy ball and junior high. Big boy ball now. Jackson has added Evan Spires a top 10 freshman in the district to what they already had but Tristan Prater no longer plays.
I understand that. Crazy they didnt play in Jr. High, seems like teams are always looking for games

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pete_Bell wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:20 pm

I understand that. Crazy they didnt play in Jr. High, seems like teams are always looking for games
I don’t know man...I’m just a crazy dad in the stands

Return to “Boys Basketball”