• Roster with #/Name/Height/Year
  • Outlook

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Re: 2018/19 Bishop Rosecrans Bishops

Post by Soccerfan1 »

All I know is they are 2-0.... winning the first game against Liberty Christian 92-12 and Caldwell (in Caldwell) 58-40

Game 1- Six players with 10 or more points

Only one Senior on roster!!

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Soccerfan1 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 am All I know is they are 2-0.... winning the first game against Liberty Christian 92-12 and Caldwell (in Caldwell) 58-40

Stopped by and watched last night, Rosecrans has a really solid team. Only 6 guys play but they get after it. They must be in great condition because they play like an IVC school, they get after it. The only concern I would have for them is size and foul trouble. They foul and hold the absolute heck out of you in the full court which is fine if the refs aren’t calling much like last night, in a tightly called game that could bite them. The only big they have is #40 and someone said he’s the only senior. He’s a big strong kid. The only physical presence they have, he impressed me. He could play. The Cambridge paper today said he scored every point in the third quarter. They seemed to struggle offensively when he left the floor. Looks like it will be another solid season for Rosecrans though.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

redskinwitness wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:44 pm
Soccerfan1 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 am All I know is they are 2-0.... winning the first game against Liberty Christian 92-12 and Caldwell (in Caldwell) 58-40

Stopped by and watched last night, Rosecrans has a really solid team. Only 6 guys play but they get after it. They must be in great condition because they play like an IVC school, they get after it. The only concern I would have for them is size and foul trouble. They foul and hold the absolute heck out of you in the full court which is fine if the refs aren’t calling much like last night, in a tightly called game that could bite them. The only big they have is #40 and someone said he’s the only senior. He’s a big strong kid. The only physical presence they have, he impressed me. He could play. The Cambridge paper today said he scored every point in the third quarter. They seemed to struggle offensively when he left the floor. Looks like it will be another solid season for Rosecrans though.
Matthew Applegate is the big you speak of..also 1st Team All-OH in football. 3 of the starters are from Cambridge (Applegate, Merva, Goggin) and I've coached them all over the years..good kids, just wish they would have stayed and played for the Bobcats. Merva can shoot!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Rosecrans will have a good team, although the MSL is yet again tough as nails. There’s parity between the teams that will finish #2-#7. The Convo is going to see one of the teams that will finish below Harvest Prep. Bank.

Gotta say, though, seems kind of uncharacteristic of Rosecrans to be so “hands-on.”

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am

Rosecrans will have a good team, although the MSL is yet again tough as nails. There’s parity between the teams that will finish #2-#7. The Convo is going to see one of the teams that will finish below Harvest Prep. Bank.

Gotta say, though, seems kind of uncharacteristic of Rosecrans to be so “hands-on.”
I thought so too, I enjoy watching games like that because you get to see how tough kids are. I think it’s brilliant coaching, it basically wears officials and opponents out, if they’re going to let you play that way then by all means do it. I think that brand of basketball is why schools like Hiland, Strasburg and Garaway have so much success. They essentially beat teams up and frustrate them. Seems to be a recipe for success.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

Hiland fan here, that's what we did to our county rivial West Holmes last Tuesday,we full court press them from start to finish force them into 26t.o. played nine players ran them in and out most of the night, we'll get a big test Friday at Strasburg this will tell me how good this hawk team is this year,I look for a low fortys game

Return to “Boys Basketball”