Re: Top 10 Players in the SE District

Post by M&G »

Call me crazy........
I would have to add 2, possibly 3 from Federal Hocking

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

M&G wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:03 pm Call me crazy........
You’re crazy.

As a high school player, I’d have Bo Myers at the top of my list, but wouldn’t argue with anyone who had Tanner Holden or Zach Loveday above him.

Bo Myers, Logan
Tanner Holden, Wheelersburg
Zach Loveday, Gallia Academy
Jayvon Maughmer, Chillicothe
Michael Myers, Eastern Pike
Cam Evans, Zane Trace
Eli Chubb, Athens
Cooper Donaldson, Jackson

More: Waverly’s backcourt, Fox from South Point, The big for Oak Hill, Zach Fout from Adena, Ethan Heller from Sheridan, the PG for Fairfield Union

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:25 pm
You’re crazy.

As a high school player, I’d have Bo Myers at the top of my list, but wouldn’t argue with anyone who had Tanner Holden or Zach Loveday above him.

Bo Myers, Logan
Cam Evans, Zane Trace
Eli Chubb, Athens

More: Waverly’s backcourt, Fox from South Point, The big for Oak Hill, Zach Fout from Adena, Ethan Heller from Sheridan, the PG for Fairfield Union
No Darby

As for Athens...I can never tell who their top player is. The 3-4 times I’ve seen them it’s someone different each time. Waverly was similar last year too.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the obvious group would include :

Bo Myers ... Logan
Tanner Holden ... Wheelersburg
Jayvon Maughmer ... Chillicothe
Michael Miller ... Eastern Pike
Cooper Donaldson ... Jackson
Ethan Heller ... Sheridan
Evan Conley ... Fairfield Union
Zach Fout ... Adena
Elijah McCloskey ... Huntington
Zach Loveday ... Gallia Academy

... my backup group of quality players who can play for me anytime :

Cam Evans ... Zane Trace
Evan Leist ... Eastern Pike
Grant Heileman ... Sheridan
Mason Darby ... Oak Hill
Cody Remmington ... Waverly
Justin Hynes ... Athens
Tayte Carver ... Green
Shiloah Blevins ... South Webster
Caleb Bell ... Logan
Logan Maxfield ... Athens
Isaiah Butcher ... Athens
Hunter Cochenour ... Eastern Pike
Jeremy Wietelmann/Isaac Ward/Jason Sailor ... Logan Elm
Clay Miller/Noah Nichols/Makiah Merritt ... Warren
Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M&G
Waterboy

Post by M&G »

You’re crazy.

Bo Myers, Logan
Cam Evans, Zane Trace
Eli Chubb, Athens

Just because Fed didn't have a winning season last year, does not mean they don't have a 2 or 3 outstanding players. So many criticizing this team, but, in the end, it will be this team with the last laugh. No, they probably won't get to state or anywhere close, but they are gonna make a lot of people look like fools. You all just sit and watch.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:38 pm ... the obvious group would include :

Bo Myers ... Logan
Zach Fout ... Adena

Cam Evans ... Zane Trace
Mason Darby ... Oak Hill
Justin Hynes ... Athens
Tayte Carver ... Green
Shiloah Belvins ... South Webster
Caleb Bell ... Logan

I know this is a list of opinions and taking nothing away from any of those kids but Evans from ZT is better by a good bit than a few of the ones on the first list 😀

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... no argument from me about the "worth"/"quality" of player that Cam Evans is ... I can only go by what I have seen when I saw ZT play ... watched them twice last season - vs Chillicothe @ the Hat and in McArthur vs Vinton County both games ZT lost big with an average offensive output of 37.5 points ... THAT doesn't take anything away from Cam Evans - in a Coach K offense everything revolves around the PG - Cam Evans runs the show, everything runs through him ... he has the body Coach K wants in his PG - hard to take the ball away from him, he gets into the paint, finishes ... I didn't see a perimeter game but he was only a soph last season ... I almost dropped Zach Loveday into the 2nd group as well - based on my eyes on games HE played last season (Jackson & Fairfield Union) ... as you pointed out it's a list of opinions and what we base our opinions on ... ALL of these youngsters are a year older/bigger/ and the assumption "better" ... going to be fun to see who - not on the lists - makes a statement for themselves to be on the list by their play throughout the season ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Yes sir! Can’t wait!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

M&G wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:40 pm
You’re crazy.

Bo Myers, Logan
Cam Evans, Zane Trace
Eli Chubb, Athens

Just because Fed didn't have a winning season last year, does not mean they don't have a 2 or 3 outstanding players. So many criticizing this team, but, in the end, it will be this team with the last laugh. No, they probably won't get to state or anywhere close, but they are gonna make a lot of people look like fools. You all just sit and watch.
That’s fine. I hope they do well, but this topic is for the top 10 players in the entire district. 72 teams with 12+ members on each roster is 864 players (give or take a few) means that the top 10 is the top 1% of players in the entire district.

Maybe they have 2 or 3 outstanding players, but if they are all in the top 1% of the entire SE District, they are going to state.

JonSnow
Waterboy

Post by JonSnow »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:38 pm ... the obvious group would include :

Bo Myers ... Logan
Zach Fout ... Adena

Cam Evans ... Zane Trace
Mason Darby ... Oak Hill
Justin Hynes ... Athens
Tayte Carver ... Green
Shiloah Blevins ... South Webster
Caleb Bell ... Logan
Watch out for Alex Blanton of Piketon this year! He's going to turn some heads!

M&G
Waterboy

Post by M&G »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:33 am

You’re crazy.

Bo Myers, Logan
Cam Evans, Zane Trace
Eli Chubb, Athens

That’s fine. I hope they do well, but this topic is for the top 10 players in the entire district. 72 teams with 12+ members on each roster is 864 players (give or take a few) means that the top 10 is the top 1% of players in the entire district.

Maybe they have 2 or 3 outstanding players, but if they are all in the top 1% of the entire SE District, they are going to state.
Lol. My bad. My brain didn't wrap around the whole south east, was just thinking TVC.

River Road Rascal
Waterboy

Post by River Road Rascal »

Yessir, Piketon gonna be better than most people think. Alex Blanton Putin up big nombers in summer and scrimmages I’ve heard. He will be right thar at end of year for POy!

“One rascal, two rascal, give me three... don’t look now but loves not free”

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Scott Lightle is the best player on that team this year across the board.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

You’re crazy.

Bo Myers, Logan
Cam Evans, Zane Trace
Eli Chubb, Athens

Of the players listed, how many make it to the state tournament? This will be fun to look back on in a few months. I’m gonna go out and a limb and say none make it. It’s an impressive list regardless

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

JC2124 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Of the players listed, how many make it to the state tournament? This will be fun to look back on in a few months. I’m gonna go out and a limb and say none make it. It’s an impressive list regardless

How many teams associated with SEOP make it to state on any given year? The average would be way less than 1.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:48 pm

How many teams associated with SEOP make it to state on any given year? The average would be way less than 1.
It is definitely less than 1 per year.

JC2124, I was making reference to how difficult it is for a school in our district to have multiple top 10 players in the entire district. Look at our state title teams and you’ll see ones that have had 2 of the top 4 or 5 (Chillicothe, South Webster) and usually the ones who make it to the Schott have 2 or 3 top celebrate players for our district. That’s all my point was.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:34 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:48 pm

It is definitely less than 1 per year.

JC2124, I was making reference to how difficult it is for a school in our district to have multiple top 10 players in the entire district. Look at our state title teams and you’ll see ones that have had 2 of the top 4 or 5 (Chillicothe, South Webster) and usually the ones who make it to the Schott have 2 or 3 top celebrate players for our district. That’s all my point was.
I understood your comment. Just curious if you thought anyone of the ones listed would make it. I hope it’s the year for the Southeast to represent!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: No mention of Matthew Fraulini of Portsmouth? He averaged 14 PPG as a sophomore, led PHS in scoring, with several games well over 20. I saw your list of your top 28 players, and I personally saw 14 of them last season. There's no question that Fraulini belongs on that list somewhere, and in my opinion, should be close to the top 10.

Return to “Boys Basketball”