Most Likely SEO Team To Make It To Columbus

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Re: Most Likely SEO Team To Make It To Columbus

Post by Soccerfan1 »

Remember, the new recruiting rules.... They (the recruited players) only get to play the 1st half of the season, and have to sit out the 2nd half & Tournament play!!

So, it will take the school recruiting a player to the second year for these recruited players to make a difference in the Tournament!!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Soccerfan1 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:48 am Remember, the new recruiting rules.... They (the recruited players) only get to play the 1st half of the season, and have to sit out the 2nd half & Tournament play!!

So, it will take the school recruiting a player to the second year for these recruited players to make a difference in the Tournament!!
Unless the student is ruled eligible by meeting one of the 11 enumerated exceptions to the bylaw. Then they are eligible for the entire season.

Post by NoPain23 »

How is Gallia Academy not in the conversation already?

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

NoPain23 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:17 pm How is Gallia Academy not in the conversation already?
I agree! In my opinion they have the best shot.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

NoPain23 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:17 pm How is Gallia Academy not in the conversation already?
To be in that conversation you have to earn it . If Loveday can take over a game that means something then they would be in that conversation . My guess, maybe A District title if he has help.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Gallia Academy will be good. With that said, I haven't seen them step up and play with anyone their own size. GA will be better than last year, but I would still not be surprised if they get roughed up early in post season play.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly, Sheridan, Jackson and Zane Trace would all give Galia fits in the districts. Could even be in the sectionals depending on seeding. Galia Waverly Jackson and Zane Trace all in the southeastern sectional.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:24 pm D4 path to Columbus a lot easier now that Africentric/Harvest Prep/Wellington are D3 (the SE Ohio D3 schools are now seeing what the SE Ohio D4 schools have had to deal with the past 10+ years). Berlin Hiland lost their scorers from last year, but you know they will reload. Not sure what the Central District will send down to Regionals as the small Christian schools are sometimes known to improve quickly for various reasons. Webster has as good as chance as any to get to Columbus as both Blevins and Bockway's size and athleticism will give D4 teams fits. Also think teams like Green, New Boston, Whiteoak, Peebles, Coal Grove, etc. will be in the mix as well.*
D4 Central District is going to be either Fisher or Newark Catholic. Tree of Life is an unknown.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Not to turn this into a D4 Central District thread like last year, but Tree of Life returns 4 starters and only lost 3 seniors, all role players. As far as unknowns, I would have to think they would be easier to peg than other teams since there is such little turnover. I would have to think they would be among the top teams from the Central along with Fisher and Newark Catholic. The key for Tree of Life is how they adapt to their new coach.

Last year Tree didn't even win their conference but made it to District Finals because they had such a young and inconsistent team, so with nearly everyone returning I would have to think they'll be more consistent and provide competition from the Central as well.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

with the added experience they should be ready for a nice run

B-ball-fan
Riding the Bench

Post by B-ball-fan »

No way Piketon makes out of districts. Blanton is a great shooter. After that they are in trouble. Eastern has everybody else in the back. They are big, strong, fast and experienced.

In youth we learn. In age we understand.

Return to “Boys Basketball”