Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week # .5

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week # .5

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Elite of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week#.5

... I usually wait to put out the first edition of the Elite 8 until after the first full week of games BUT as I was recording scores & game results the majority of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line played this past weekend ! as the Pre-season picks are a good starting point for the rankings there ARE teams who are lower than they should be, teams which are higher than they should be ... it usually takes a couple of weeks to get teams where they should be in the rankings ... I feel pretty good about the pre-season rankings though as some game results solidified the team rankings ie. Chesapeake#16 beat #15 Piketon by one ... Eastern Brown#13 beat #20 Whiteoak ... New Boston #28 lost a close one to #29 South Webster AT South Webster ... then the surprises #66 Lucasville Valley knocked off #34 Adena , #72 Rock Hill smoked #54 Wellston ... it's early in the season with lots of hoops to be played ...

... let's look at the first Official Elite 8 after Week #.5

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #.5 ...

1. Logan (1-0)
2. Gallia Academy (1-0)
3. Sheridan (1-0)
4. Chillicothe (2-0)
5. Jackson (1-0)
6. Waverly (1-0)
7. Wheelersburg
8. Warren (0-1)

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

Athens (0-2)
Zane Trace (0-1)
Eastern Brown (1-0)
Ironton
Eastern Pike (0-1)
Logan Elm (0-1)
Chesapeake (1-0)

Fairfield Union (1-0)
Portsmouth (1-0)
Piketon (1-1)
Oak Hill (1-0)
Unioto (0-1)

Fairfield Leesburg (0-1)
Whiteoak (0-1)
North Adams (1-0)
Washington CH (0-1)
Vinton County (1-0)

Waterford (1-0)
South Webster (1-0)
Paint Valley (1-1)
New Boston (1-1)
Meigs (1-0)

Green (1-0)
Trimble
Fairland
Peebles
Marietta (1-0)

Adena (0-1)
Minford (0-1)
Alexander (1-0)
Western Pike
Circleville (2-0)

South Point
Southern (0-1)
Lucasville Valley (1-1)
West Union (1-0)
McClain (1-0)

Coal Grove (0-1)
Lynchburg Clay (0-1)
St. Joseph (1-0)
Southeastern (0-2)
Westfall (0-1)

New Lexington (0-1)
Portsmouth West (1-0)
Huntington (0-2)
Manchester (1-1)
Hillsboro (1-1)

Nelsonville York (1-0)
South Gallia (1-0)
Symmes Valley (0-1)
Miller
Portsmouth Clay (1-1)

Belpre (0-2)
Rock Hill (1-0)
Reedsville Eastern (1-0)
Federal Hocking (0-1)
Wellston (0-1)

Miami Trace (0-1)
Crooksville
Portsmouth Notre Dame
Portsmouth East
River Valley (0-1)
Northwest (0-2)
Wahama

... (no Teams on the End Table for the Week that Is #.5)
Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week # .5

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd Tour rolls down to Meigs HS on Tuesday night for the Meigs vs Warren game, followed by Friday night's menu of games to choose from :

Chillicothe vs Miami Trace
Warren vs Parkersburg
Sheridan vs Tri Valley
Zane Trace @ Unioto

... I haven't decided on which direction to point "PFLOYD1" as yet ...

Saturday night I will be headed for the Northwest Territories for Logan Elm vs Liberty Union...

... next Tuesday night(12/11) , PFLOYD1 will take the long trek to Eastern Pike for a good one in the small school divisions : Eastern Pike vs Green HS

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak too high. New Boston is better. Alexander too low IMO. I might switch Alex and Whiteoak’s rankings

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:47 pm Whiteoak too high. New Boston is better. Alexander too low IMO. I might switch Alex and Whiteoak’s rankings
... noted ... thanks I92

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Know anything on Liberty Union pfloyd? Thought Sheridan would beat them a bit better but they haven’t been off football field long either

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I agree ... Alexander way too low!

They, to me, are a poor mans Gallia Academy. Play tight man-to-man on the perimeter, have the 6'10 big man lurking in the paint. Very difficult to score on.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:50 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:47 pm Whiteoak too high. New Boston is better. Alexander too low IMO. I might switch Alex and Whiteoak’s rankings
... noted ... thanks I92
I mean it’s early....I may be crying for you to move me back in two weeks lol. Whiteoak looking to mesh together a bit and find the right rotations. I really like the Alexander team. I think they are top 20 but I may be way off in the end.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:52 pm I agree ... Alexander way too low!

They, to me, are a poor mans Gallia Academy. Play tight man-to-man on the perimeter, have the 6'10 big man lurking in the paint. Very difficult to score on.
....or last year’s GA

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:51 pm Know anything on Liberty Union pfloyd? Thought Sheridan would beat them a bit better but they haven’t been off football field long either
... I will see them,LU, this coming weekend vs Logan Elm ... but THAT score surprised me vs Sheridan BUT as you pointed out Sheridan is a week or more behind the rest of most teams (LU being one of them) due to SHS being in the football playoffs and LU not ... the majority of Sheridans roster played football starting with Ethan Heller the outstanding QB on the the football team and equally outstanding perimeter player (PG/2 guard) on the bb team ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Portsmouth beats Southeastern by 9
Alexander beats Southeastern by 7

Yet Trojans 21 spots ahead of Sparty?

Definitely no Hocking team above Alex - and I even question VC and Meigs over them. But ,,, The Spartans can prove me right at VC Friday night.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm a big Tomcat fan, even bigger Howie fan, but Trimble will struggle a bit this year, Floyd. At least in the beginning. Sawyer Koons (their center) got hurt in football and probably won't play for awhile. Throw in the losses of Hixon (Graduation) and Richards (to NY) - the 'Cats simply don't have bodies right now. But we all know Howie will make it work somehow.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:59 pm Portsmouth beats Southeastern by 9
Alexander beats Southeastern by 7

Yet Trojans 21 spots ahead of Sparty?

Definitely no Hocking team above Alex - and I even question VC and Meigs over them. But ,,, The Spartans can prove me right at VC Friday night.
Alexander at VC could be a good one. I think I’ll take the Vikings in this one...they are out to prove something

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I have Alex on the Big Board with a "star" ... I get it - quick perimeter players with the bigger than normal SE Ohio Big in the paint - a great combo for sure ... Alex takes on Vinton County this week (Friday night), then Meigs (14th) & Waterford (15th) - THAT group of games will tell me a LOT about Alexander - all opportunities to move up the rankings with "W's" ...

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 pm ... the Pfloyd Tour rolls down to Meigs HS on Tuesday night for the Meigs vs Warren game, followed by Friday night's menu of games to choose from :

Warren vs Parkersburg
Sheridan vs Tri Valley
Zane Trace @ Unioto

Saturday night I will be headed for the Northwest Territories for Logan Elm vs Liberty Union...

... next Tuesday night(12/11) , PFLOYD1 will take the long trek to Eastern Pike for a good one in the small school divisions : Eastern Pike vs Green HS
That U vs ZT matchup will be intense- Coach Hoops and the U have OWNED the SVC- is this the year... that a newcomer comes along.... GOTTA KNOCK OFF THE KING OF THE HILL.... they are Patriot- esque in that conference over recent history.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

whsball wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:16 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 pm ... the Pfloyd Tour rolls down to Meigs HS on Tuesday night for the Meigs vs Warren game, followed by Friday night's menu of games to choose from :

Warren vs Parkersburg
Sheridan vs Tri Valley
Zane Trace @ Unioto

That U vs ZT matchup will be intense- Coach Hoops and the U have OWNED the SVC- is this the year... that a newcomer comes along.... GOTTA KNOCK OFF THE KING OF THE HILL.... they are Patriot- esque in that conference over recent history.
... I told Coach Hoops the other night at the Logan game when we were talking before the varsity game that I thought it would be too packed to find a seat in the Unioto Gym by the time I could get there - he said he would put up a "pfloyd's seat" sign in the cheap seats for me LOL ... the last time Unioto lost in the SVC was to Zane Trace - 69 straight Unioto W's since that ZT win over the U ... you are absolutely right about the intensity of that game ...

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

"a poor mans Gallia Academy" best thing I have read on here in awhile :lol: :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Reds Fan wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:49 pm

"a poor mans Gallia Academy" best thing I have read on here in awhile :lol: :lol:
It wasn't meant to be disrespectful. One is a DII favorite in the district, the other a DIII team hoping to make a run this year. Very similar players on the perimeter, both have a giant in the middle. Both play a similar defense.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Love reading the poll

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:49 pm

It wasn't meant to be disrespectful. One is a DII favorite in the district, the other a DIII team hoping to make a run this year. Very similar players on the perimeter, both have a giant in the middle. Both play a similar defense.
I know you weren't trying to be disrespectful, I agree with the statement. just thought it was funny thats all.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Pfloyd, Piketon is 1-1.

Return to “Boys Basketball”