SEOPS Hippo

Re: Miami Trace @ Logan Elm 12/4

Post by Ironman92 »

Gonna get ugly

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... too much LE fundamental , hardnosed defensive basketball ... throw in the names Watson/Wietelmann/Ward/Sailor/Chalfin - too much offensive fire power on the side of Coach Stiverson & Coach Holbert's young Braves ... I really, really like these youngin's for LE ...something about coachable kids that have talent to back it up ... I look forward to watching them grow up on the court over these next 3 years and CAN"T WAIT to see them as seniors - it will be a special group at LE - by then they will be playing in a NEW gymnasium as well !!! what a great group to open the new facility (I'm just guessing that it will be done by their senior season ...

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

Pfloyd,
LE had a bad 1st quarter against Ready, was down 13-1 before they got the early season jitters out. LE outscored them the last 3 quarters. Coach Stiverson played 9 kids and got the defense going. Should have won the game but turned the ball over and got beat by a contested layup at the buzzer. Sailor, Chalfin and Watson really improved from last year. Played a lot faster and under control. It’s going to be a fun season watching these kids get better! Thanks for always supporting LE and speaking kindly about the program.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Can’t see this one being close.

Not similar in size and whatnot, but I remember the Tyler Evans group made a massive jump between 9th and 10th grade and it wouldn’t surprise me if these guys were ahead of schedule.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Any radio coverage for this game?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Braves87 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:09 pm Pfloyd,
LE had a bad 1st quarter against Ready, was down 13-1 before they got the early season jitters out. LE outscored them the last 3 quarters. Coach Stiverson played 9 kids and got the defense going. Should have won the game but turned the ball over and got beat by a contested layup at the buzzer. Sailor, Chalfin and Watson really improved from last year. Played a lot faster and under control. It’s going to be a fun season watching these kids get better! Thanks for always supporting LE and speaking kindly about the program.
... your welcome Braves87 ! ... I'm a sucker for coaches who do it right - Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert/Coach Dropsey do it right with the Logan Elm "program" - always have ... they are teachers of the game ... the kids learn the fundamentals of the game ...simply put - IF the players are taught the fundamentals , are held to the fundamentals at both ends of the floor in practice, in game situations from the early grades UP - the coaches can teach THE GAME of basketball - the nuances of the positions instead of teaching fundamentals only ... I so much respect the great coaches we have in SEOhio - Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert/Coach Dropsey of LE ... Coach Collins of Portsmouth, Coach Hoops at Unioto, Coach Maddox/Coach Colegrove/Coach Mitchem/Coach Hoffman of Warren, Coach Davis of Chesapeake, Coach Persin of Oak Hill, Coach Barrick of Eastern Pike, Coach Combs/Coach Kight at Vinton County, Coach Speed/Coach Salyers at Fairland, Coach Beucler at Eastern Brown,Coach Huffer/Coach Beard of Chillicothe, Coach Howie Caldwell at Trimble, Coach Robertson at Waverly, Coach Legg at Piketon, Coach Kellough at Zane Trace, Coach Eversole & Coach Goodyear at Fairfield Union ... some of the young coaches are right there just haven't had the time to build the programs yet - Coach Scott at Washington CH, Coach Carpenter at Amanda CC,Coach Cozart at Athens, Coach Morrow at Jackson ... I know I left out some of the good ones BUT you get the idea - these folks are ALL coaches AND teachers of the game of basketball ... year in year out I WANT to see these PROGRAMS because they ALL do it right ... as a Cheap Seat Observer for many many years I have a plastered on smile on my face watching these fine coaches & there TEAMS every year - no matter the talent levels ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”