South Webster at Waverly Friday Dec. 7

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: South Webster at Waverly Friday Dec. 7

Post by smurray »

E202B84F-9B97-4881-8702-A172618495CD.jpeg
Don’t know how they called even a common foul on the play. Blevins went up over him.... I said it when it happened, “there’s no way thats a foul”..... The guy can jump out of the gym!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:20 pm E202B84F-9B97-4881-8702-A172618495CD.jpeg

Don’t know how they called even a common foul on the play. Blevins went up over him.... I said it when it happened, “there’s no way thats a foul”..... The guy can jump out of the gym!
I don’t know how to post pics on here but there is an I sane pic of him jumping during a soccer game. Doesn’t look real

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Don't know how to post a link, but there video on Facebook showing Blevins was clearly undercut on the play. Mind you, Blevins was going up for a DEFENSIVE rebound when Waverly kid slid underneath him from the perimeter
and "boxed out" Blevins while on offense.

Luckily, sounds like Blevins didn't break anything. But not a good look for Waverly.*

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:44 pm You are wrong on the Blevins play. It was pretty incredible. Blevins wasnt undercut. He literally jumped over the kid and fell Awakwardly. I am very thankful he isn’t hurt badly because I was sure he broke his collarbone.

It was a typical game for Wave4ly against South Webster. Webster shot lights out which they won’t do again this year and Blevins is so good he controls both ends of the floor. It will be a battle again at Webster. Waverly is very good and shouldn’t be down graded because Webster played so well. Tip of the cap to them.

Waverly will give Wheelersburg all they want and I believe will at least split with them. Waverly now is a game behind and has to hope Webster or oak hill can knock off wheelersburg once as well.
Won't do it again this year, huh? Guess Webster should go ahead and forfeit when Waverly visits in January. Lol...bbjunky was telling you guys a few weeks ago Webster was better than Waverly. I doubted him, but maybe we should be listening.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

When the play occurred it didn’t look bad to me.... then I was able to see the video on Facebook and it does in fact look dirty by the Waverly player.

In the video, Blevins has left the ground and near the apex of his jump the Waverly player comes in from the left baseline in an attempt to box Blevins out when he’s already in the air and is grabbing possession. I’m not saying the Waverly kid did it on purpose, but that picture doesn’t hold a candle to how bad the video looks.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Thank you bbjunky. I wasn't going to say anything until people started saying otherwise. Video clearly shows Waverly kid streaking in from left perimeter while Blevins in air for rebound. Why the heck an offensive player boxing out? I'll have a buddy link it tomorrow for anyone doubting it.*

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Let me clarify. It seemed like the kid was 6 for 6 from three. I’m not sure maybe he missed a couple and was 6 for 8. Just don’t think he can shoot 100% every game. Give him credit he knocked them down, all in the second half. I think it will be another battle at Webster and Webster very well could win. I am not trying the knock them. I think they are really good and should make some noise come tournament time. As far as the rebound goes I only saw it live from far away with a bad angle and 50 year old eyes. Would like to see video. In any case I don’t think it was ntentional to undercut Blevins n the play. My kid can jump out of the gym as well and I always worry about him getting under cut. It is never a good thing. Good luck to Webster.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

who posted the video on FB? i knew it was dirty in person but i need to see it again

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

After more thought, deciding not to link the video here since it from somebody else's personal facebook post (don't want to unintentionally cause that person any issues when the video was originally posted for his facebook friends' viewing). I'm sure Waverly and Webster staffs both have their own game video and anybody close to either program will be able to view incident if they want to see the entirety of the play. Also not going to speculate on the player's intent, or imply that he did it on purpose, as we'll probably never know his thought-process regardless of what photos/video show.

Sounds like Blevins will be ok, so i'm moving on from the issue. Good luck going forward to both teams and we'll see in january if this was just an off-night for Waverly, or if Webster is a true contender in SOC II.*

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Swanker Pine wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 am who posted the video on FB? i knew it was dirty in person but i need to see it again
Call it what you want but is wasnt “dirty”. You’re accusing a great kid, a fine young man, of dirty play - thats uncalled for.... He has no reason to play dirty!!!!

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Just going by the picture, it looks like it could of been a foul on Blevins. Of course, you can't tell where the Waverly player was before Blevins started his jump.

Either way, I am glad Blevins wasn't hurt, he is a special player

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

smurray wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:20 pm E202B84F-9B97-4881-8702-A172618495CD.jpeg

If anything IMO, Easton seems to be going into a "boxout" position and if Blevins can jump and reach over him, isn't that an over-the-back foul? I didn't agree with the call during the game and seeing a picture of it now just helps my statement. However, I do hope he isn't injured too badly - was a very nasty fall.

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

From an unbiased opinion I have seen the video and whether the kid meant to or not Blevins was totally undercut. The picture definitely gives you the wrong impression. Not knowing the kids intent this appears to one of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen. Kid came clear from corner and had no chance of getting a clean blockout. Blevins was at his jump peak or even possibly on the way down before the kid basically took him out. Blevins very lucky this was not a much worse injury.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Falconfan14 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 pm From an unbiased opinion I have seen the video and whether the kid meant to or not Blevins was totally undercut. The picture definitely gives you the wrong impression. Not knowing the kids intent this appears to one of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen. Kid came clear from corner and had no chance of getting a clean blockout. Blevins was at his jump peak or even possibly on the way down before the kid basically took him out. Blevins very lucky this was not a much worse injury.
This is coming from an unbiased fan from Minford, so please folks, don't base your opinion solely off that photo. It doesn't do it justice whatsoever. Blevins was IN THE AIR when the Waverly player came in from the baseline and was "boxing him out" while moving from his left to right. Blevins was undercut badly and if you watch the video you'd think a flagrant should have been assessed. The photo shows a stand still position which isn't fair to what actually occurred.

Again, I'm not saying he did it on purpose. Incredibly high chance it was a bang bang play and he was simply trying to make a play to help his team but was a couple seconds too late. The only reason I'm commenting is because the photo is the only thing on here being used as evidence and it clearlyyyyyyy doesn't show the extent of the play.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”