eagles73Taylor
SE

SVC Basketball Friday 12/7/18

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Adena @ Southeastern
Westfall @ Huntington
Paint Valley @ Piketon
Zane Trace @ Unioto

Since no one has started any individual threads on these games, I thought I would put them all together. Might get a little more responses that way.

Adena at Southeastern is interesting, watched SE against Portsmouth and saw a lot of good things out of them. They are long and athletic, Adena was picked by many to be at the top of the league. Gut says SE at home.

Westfall at Huntington, the Mustangs will have a hard time getting out of the township with a W, Huntington IMO.

Paint Valley at Piketon, call me biased, but this will be a big game to see who will be in the top half of the league race. Piketon takes it at home in the Oven.

Zane Trace at Unioto, sorry Sherman fans, the STREAK ends here! ZT in a close game.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC Basketball Friday 12/7/18

Post by metwct44 »

Good rundown. Hoping for a good showing tonight from the Streaks

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:03 am Adena @ Southeastern
Westfall @ Huntington
Paint Valley @ Piketon
Zane Trace @ Unioto

Since no one has started any individual threads on these games, I thought I would put them all together. Might get a little more responses that way.

Adena at Southeastern is interesting, watched SE against Portsmouth and saw a lot of good things out of them. They are long and athletic, Adena was picked by many to be at the top of the league. Gut says SE at home.

Westfall at Huntington, the Mustangs will have a hard time getting out of the township with a W, Huntington IMO.

Paint Valley at Piketon, call me biased, but this will be a big game to see who will be in the top half of the league race. Piketon takes it at home in the Oven.

Zane Trace at Unioto, sorry Sherman fans, the STREAK ends here! ZT in a close game.
2 outta 4 ain’t bad

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 am
Westfall @ Huntington
Paint Valley @ Piketon
Zane Trace @ Unioto

2 outta 4 ain’t bad
Yeah, I went back and forth on the SE/Adena and Westfall/Huntington picks!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 am
Westfall @ Huntington
Paint Valley @ Piketon
Zane Trace @ Unioto

2 outta 4 ain’t bad
Yeah, I went back and forth on the SE/Adena and Westfall/Huntington picks!

Actually laughed out loud on that one 😀

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Piketon
Unioto
Adena
Huntington

Here are your winners tonight

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

The incredible streak ends tonight. I can see a blowout, but i can also see nerves getting to ZT and it being closer than it should be.

I am going to go out on a limb and say ZT wins every league game.

ZT 65
Unioto 47

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

SE +4
ZT +16
PIKETON +13
WF +7

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

AnkleBraces wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:12 pm SE +4
ZT +16
PIKETON +13
WF +7
I’ll take unioto and the points for 2 hot dogs and a soda

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

If you aren’t at the Unioto gym for the U vs ZT game then just skip it. Place is PACKED

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Huge crowd at SE as well tonight. Adena beat Southeastern 62-49, very physical game, strange at times, neither team could really get in a flow. Adena led the first half about 6-10 points the entire way with Ruby on the bench with 3 fouls the majority of the half. A minute in the third Ruby picks up #4, stays in the game to keep it from getting away from them and the Panthers do make it interesting, cutting it to 2 a few times. Ruby fouls out late in the third leaving the game with 2 points. In the 4th. it was back and forth with Adena leading 4-8 points most of the way and pulling away at the line in the end. Congrats to the Warriors on the hard fought win. They have a nice team and should finish toward the top of the league.

Hard to be excited about an 0-3 start for SE but it is early and there are plenty of game left. Just need to get over the hump and get a win. The positives are they didn't quit and the young kids on the floor( 2 freshman,1 sophomore, 2 junior and a senior) competed the entire game without their best player who probably only played 10-12 minutes all night. There had to be over 50 fouls called. Double bonus for both teams in each half, Ugly game to watch. This team will continue to improve and compete every night. Should be interesting each and every night in the league.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:31 pm Huge crowd at SE as well tonight. Adena beat Southeastern 62-49, very physical game, strange at times, neither team could really get in a flow. Adena led the first half about 6-10 points the entire way with Ruby on the bench with 3 fouls the majority of the half. A minute in the third Ruby picks up #4, stays in the game to keep it from getting away from them and the Panthers do make it interesting, cutting it to 2 a few times. Ruby fouls out late in the third leaving the game with 2 points. In the 4th. it was back and forth with Adena leading 4-8 points most of the way and pulling away at the line in the end. Congrats to the Warriors on the hard fought win. They have a nice team and should finish toward the top of the league.

Hard to be excited about an 0-3 start for SE but it is early and there are plenty of game left. Just need to get over the hump and get a win. The positives are they didn't quit and the young kids on the floor( 2 freshman,1 sophomore, 2 junior and a senior) competed the entire game without their best player who probably only played 10-12 minutes all night. There had to be over 50 fouls called. Double bonus for both teams in each half, Ugly game to watch. This team will continue to improve and compete every night. Should be interesting each and every night in the league.
Sounds like my kid tonight for U. 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes of the game. Hate to see that for anyone. So hard to get going after a start like that.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Well, my picks were way off! Lol. Congratulations to PV, they completely manhandled the Streaks, owned the boards and knocked down b shots.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:48 am Well, my picks were way off! Lol. Congratulations to PV, they completely manhandled the Streaks, owned the boards and knocked down b shots.
This is the most balanced the league has been as long as I can remember. Other than ZT. Gonna be hard to pick winners each week

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

What’s the lineup looking like tonight for games ?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Adena @ Piketon
Unioto @ Huntington
Paint Valley @ Zane Trace
Southeastern @ Westfall

Ok, let me try this again, first Adena at Piketon. Adena stays hot and nips the Streaks.

The Huntsmen can’t keep up with the Sherman’s.

Zane Trace gets tested, but pulls away late.

The Panthers get their first win of the year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:02 pm Adena @ Piketon
Unioto @ Huntington
Southeastern @ Westfall

Ok, let me try this again, first Adena at Piketon. Adena stays hot and nips the Streaks.

I like it! Westfall has me confused right now so, not sure about that game. I’ll take SE tho.

I like Piketon tonight to beat Adena

Unioto had 2 very tough games to start the year with their young squad but they have to get it done tonight. Unioto over Hunt.

Also hard to call on a back to back but I think ZT beats PV in a close game. ZT by 8

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:02 pm Adena @ Piketon
Unioto @ Huntington
Southeastern @ Westfall

4-0 nice!

Return to “Boys Basketball”