Burg 0-0 @ 3-0 oakhill

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Burg 0-0 @ 3-0 oakhill

Post by Crab's Brother »

JeepsWin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:37 pm How many playas on the teem are not from Wheelrsbug . that could be an isue

IMO, the worst with the smack talk last night was not a transplant. Couldn't be more of an original Pirate to be honest.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

I’m not gonna argue. Your own burg fans are committing about how ridiculous it has become. You can be blind to the situation if you choose. I know what norm allows and doesn’t. And for an Oak Hill team to be called dirty is stupidity. I respect your opinion and that is all.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Well the Burg and Northwest game should be interesting. I can see someone getting ejected in that game. I heard one of the Northwest players was taunting Waverly's coach last night.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Great win by The Pirates last night. Very difficult to beat The Oaks early and nearly impossible to beat them early in Oak Hill.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:32 pm Great win by The Pirates last night. Very difficult to beat The Oaks early and nearly impossible to beat them early in Oak Hill.
Agreed. Looking forward to a good year in Pirate Land.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

SOC94 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 pm I agree that he should never have wore the wright state shirt during warm ups. You play for Wheelersburg...take pride in that bc you won’t play for them forever. As for Oak Hill playing dirty? I would love to know how? They played hard last night, really hard. To say they are dirty will not fly with me because Norm would simply not allow it. Norm too ater to shut the Pruitt kid up bc again look at all the extra antics that the burg players did after every shot, steal, etc... I’m old school as hell but the showboating and trash talk are excessive. It’s a rivalry I know and as much hate I had for burg when I played them, I always respected them and what they stood for. I played when Barrick was still there and I know there’s no way any of the stuff the Holden and Pruitt kid, hell the whole team did last night would fly on any of those teams. Win with class, lose with class. Respect the game and the name on the front of your jersey.
All this about Burg players’ antics. Darby and #13 for Oak Hill we’re both talking the ENTIRE game. Darby was warned by the official early in the game for an elbow he threw while attempt to drive to the basket and #13’s two handed shove intentional foul while the Burg player was in the air.
I agree about being more disciplined but it was coming from both side’s. Players AND coaches, not just from the Burg side. The officials were this close to losing control of the game in the 3rd quarter. A lot of emotions from both sides that need to be kept in check.

But about the actual play of the game. I felt Burg set the tempo early and kept the pressure up until the end. Oak Hill played hard and Hammond/Darby are good players. They scored what 32 and 20 points respectively? The Oaks seemed overmatched last night and this Burg team seemed to really click while they were allowed to run.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:30 pm
SOC94 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 pm I agree that he should never have wore the wright state shirt during warm ups. You play for Wheelersburg...take pride in that bc you won’t play for them forever. As for Oak Hill playing dirty? I would love to know how? They played hard last night, really hard. To say they are dirty will not fly with me because Norm would simply not allow it. Norm too ater to shut the Pruitt kid up bc again look at all the extra antics that the burg players did after every shot, steal, etc... I’m old school as hell but the showboating and trash talk are excessive. It’s a rivalry I know and as much hate I had for burg when I played them, I always respected them and what they stood for. I played when Barrick was still there and I know there’s no way any of the stuff the Holden and Pruitt kid, hell the whole team did last night would fly on any of those teams. Win with class, lose with class. Respect the game and the name on the front of your jersey.
All this about Burg players’ antics. Darby and #13 for Oak Hill we’re both talking the ENTIRE game. Darby was warned by the official early in the game for an elbow he threw while attempt to drive to the basket and #13’s two handed shove intentional foul while the Burg player was in the air.
I agree about being more disciplined but it was coming from both side’s. Players AND coaches, not just from the Burg side. The officials were this close to losing control of the game in the 3rd quarter. A lot of emotions from both sides that need to be kept in check.

But about the actual play of the game. I felt Burg set the tempo early and kept the pressure up until the end. Oak Hill played hard and Hammond/Darby are good players. They scored what 32 and 20 points respectively? The Oaks seemed overmatched last night and this Burg team seemed to really click while they were allowed to run.
I would agree. I didn’t see the elbow by Darby so I can’t give you my opinion that. As for the holden play I feel like it was similar to what happened to Blevins at Webster. While undercutting has no place in the game. Bang bang plays do happen. I know #13 personally and he’s a great kid that would never intentionally try to hurt someone.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I agree, I don’t think intent was to hurt. Maybe just to keep him from possibly dunking the ball. Emotions were high on both sides. Hopefully more in check on next meeting. I think both teams will have successful seasons again this year.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Haters gonna hate smdh.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Wish burg all the luck. Enjoy the season. Seems like y’all are in for a special one.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

I’m obviously late to the party on this one. Only thing I have to say is that there are still some old school coaches (regardless of their age/experience) with integrity out there. As previously mentioned, our baseball coach (Estep) wouldn’t let this go on.... and that would be known by the players from day one.... Hell, he let the Hughes kid (current pro baseball player) take his talents to Greenup County Instead of complying to the family’s demands. That’s been the issue with our basketball coach, wins trump everything. That’s all that matters apparently.... In a few years all these kids will be tax paying citizens like the rest of us and they’ll need a little more character than what they showed the other night to survive in this world. Live and learn I reckon, they still have some time to figure it out.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Darby is a transfer, so is truitt, so one on each team.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:34 pm Like I said, I'm not an Oak Hill fan nor a Burg fan, just a basketball fan. I also know that OH has had and do have kids that have transferred to OH. Every school in the area has done the same thing, and it will continue to happen. What I thought was funny was that regardless of what talent might be on ones team, that a coach shouldn't be able to slow the game down to be able to be competitive in the game. It just seemed personal to me as far as the OH coach and yourself. Even though I wasn't even living around here at the time that he was the coach at Chesapeake, he must know something about coaching, as I've been told he pretty much owned the OVC. If you are a Burg fan, they very well may run all over OH. I was just told that the Burg coach played for the OH coach while a student at Chesapeake. That may be true, I'm not sure. I still hope it turns out to be a good ballgame.

Norms Chesapeake teams were very very talented. His last year at Peake fairland swept him pretty easily and he seen the writing on the wall and got out just in time lol the panthers have had a few talented teams but nothing like Norm had. He’s a great coach but has always had talent. The year he left and went to OH he basically inherited a Very good OH team that I believe beat A REALLY good fairland team in the playoffs.

Basically he left Peake bc he seen the talent was no longer there and hopped to a team he seen with lots of
Talent. Nothing wrong with that though I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Return to “Boys Basketball”