Logan 56 Chillicothe 50 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Logan 56 Chillicothe 50 a final

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 56
Chillicothe 50 a final

... a good game tonight in Logan as the Elite 8 #1 Logan hosted #5 Chillicothe ... the Cavs got their trio of offensive threats on the board early in the first quarter Jayvon Maughmer with 7 pts/6-7 Brandon Noel 3/Tre Beard 3/ and a bonus fg by Vincent Roper 2 pts ... Logan countered with Bo Myers 5 pts/Wes Brooks 4 ... all eyes were on the match-up of big time swing men in Maughmer vs Bo Myers ... both guarding each other for the 4 quarters ... Logan 9 Chillicothe 15 after 1 ... Logan used pressure man 2 man defense for the entire contest picking up full court ... the game stayed mainly a 1/2 court game in the 2nd period both teams having to run their offenses in the half court ... even with the full court pressure the game was at a tempo that favored the Cavs ... Logan without a true post player struggled in the 1/2 court as the outside scoring was hard to come by for the Chiefs - 3/13 from behind the arc in the first 2 periods ... Myers for Logan AND Maughmer for Chilli were held scoreless in the 2nd quarter but BIG triples by Landon Little and Coby Bell for Logan closed the gap on the Cavs ... Logan 22 Chillicothe 24 at intermission ... quarter #3 opened with Bo Myers with a bucket at the rim ... matched by Maughmer in the paint ... the tempo of the game was turned up a notch as both teams pushed the ball - advantage Purple as the tempo allowed ALL of the Chiefs to find open spots on the perimeter - as the Chiefs went 4/6 from 3 point land (Coby Bell 2/Caleb Bell 1/Layton Cassady 1) in the 3rd ... Chilli was led by Maughmer's 6 third quarter points, the Chiefs Myers 8 points ... Logan took the lead for good Logan 42 Chillicothe 37 end of 3 ... the Cavs lost the lead but pulled within 3 at 46-49 with :52.6 sec in the game ... the Cavs were led by Maughmer's 8 points in the quarter ... Logan made FT's down the stretch as Bo Myers went 6/8 from the line/Caleb Bell added 2/3 ... Logan's last 8 points were from the charity stripe ... Logan 56 Chillicothe 50 a final ... Maughmer vs Myers 21 to 21 for the night ... round 2 at the Hat in the 2nd half of the season ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Chillicothe

Scoring ... Jayvon Maughmer 21 , Tre Beard 14, Brandon Noel 11, Vincent Roper 4
3 Pointers ... 4/13 ... Tre Beard 2, Brandon Noel 1, Jayvon Maughmer 1
FTs ... 4/8
TOs ... 14
PnP ... 12 fgs/24 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/2 points in transition

... Cavs had a good game plan ... working hard to control the tempo - Coach Huffer vs McClain & tonight vs Logan tossed the offensive scheme that had CHS struggling on the offensive end vs both ZT & Washington CH ... the Cavs went back to getting more motion, getting the ball into their playmakers/scorers hands - Maughmer/Beard/Noel ... all 3 were in double figures vs the Chiefs ... points were left on the floor with some costly traveling calls & 2 player control calls in the 4th ... before the game I looked at the napkin stats from the Washington CH loss earlier in the week - I jotted down some Cavs "must do's" to get a big win at Logan 1) Get into their offense (at CH the offense never got started, never got the ball into the paint, everything went side to side ... the offense needed to go north south ) ... tonight ? North South it went ... movement of the ball & bodies in the half court ... 2) the Cavs would need to get in the paint - get to the FT line ... vs CH the Cavs got to the line for only 9 shots ... I jotted down "need at least 15-20 FTs "(which would mean the offensive was getting into the paint via the drive or got the ball into the 6-7 Noel's hands on the block ... tonight? only 8 FTs shot (4/8) ... I'll keep watching for these 2 napkin stat lines as the Cavaliers move forward ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring ... Bo Myers 21, Caleb Bell 12, Coby Bell 9, Wes Brooks 6, Landon Little 5, Layton Cassady 3
3 Pointers ... 7/21 ... Coby Bell 3, Landon Little 1, Caleb Bell 1,Wes Brookes 1, Layton Cassady 1
FTs ... 13/19
TOs ... 9
PnP ... 9 fgs/18 points in the paint
PnT ... 3 fgs/ 6 points in transition

... good win tonight vs a good Cavs team ... in the post game interview with Coach Rider he said the Chiefs weren't at 100% - injuries from the win at Lancaster, Bo Myers with the flu ... we saw the tempo needed to get ALL of the Chiefs involved in the 3rd period - with tempo ,pushing the ball it seemed all of the perimeter scorers showed up , catching the ball in rhythm (4/6 three balls in the 3rd period by 3 different shooters) ... was good seeing jr 6-6 Justin Wolfe get some varsity minutes his body is needed in the half court game that teams Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line will force the Chiefs into playing ... Bo Myers without a 3 point fg tonight? can't remember when THAT stat has shown on the napkin stat sheet ... big game vs Parkersburg High School Tuesday night for the Chiefs ! - Go Purple !

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan 56 Chillicothe 50 a final

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good rundown pfloyd, I wasn't able to attend or listen to this one. I know Bo was very sick, but was still able to go in this one. A great all-around TEAM win for the Chieftains. To answer your question about the 3 pointers for Bo, he didn't make any against Gahanna either.

Next up is Parkersburg, another big matchup.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: Logan 56 Chillicothe 50 a final

Post by Truth&fiction »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:21 am Logan 56
Chillicothe 50 a final

... a good game tonight in Logan as the Elite 8 #1 Logan hosted #5 Chillicothe ... the Cavs got their trio of offensive threats on the board early in the first quarter Jayvon Maughmer with 7 pts/6-7 Brandon Noel 3/Tre Beard 3/ and a bonus fg by Vincent Roper 2 pts ... Logan countered with Bo Myers 5 pts/Wes Brooks 4 ... all eyes were on the match-up of big time swing men in Maughmer vs Bo Myers ... both guarding each other for the 4 quarters ... Logan 9 Chillicothe 15 after 1 ... Logan used pressure man 2 man defense for the entire contest picking up full court ... the game stayed mainly a 1/2 court game in the 2nd period both teams having to run their offenses in the half court ... even with the full court pressure the game was at a tempo that favored the Cavs ... Logan without a true post player struggled in the 1/2 court as the outside scoring was hard to come by for the Chiefs - 3/13 from behind the arc in the first 2 periods ... Myers for Logan AND Maughmer for Chilli were held scoreless in the 2nd quarter but BIG triples by Landon Little and Coby Bell for Logan closed the gap on the Cavs ... Logan 22 Chillicothe 24 at intermission ... quarter #3 opened with Bo Myers with a bucket at the rim ... matched by Maughmer in the paint ... the tempo of the game was turned up a notch as both teams pushed the ball - advantage Purple as the tempo allowed ALL of the Chiefs to find open spots on the perimeter - as the Chiefs went 4/6 from 3 point land (Coby Bell 2/Caleb Bell 1/Layton Cassady 1) in the 3rd ... Chilli was led by Maughmer's 6 third quarter points, the Chiefs Myers 8 points ... Logan took the lead for good Logan 42 Chillicothe 37 end of 3 ... the Cavs lost the lead but pulled within 3 at 46-49 with :52.6 sec in the game ... the Cavs were led by Maughmer's 8 points in the quarter ... Logan made FT's down the stretch as Bo Myers went 6/8 from the line/Caleb Bell added 2/3 ... Logan's last 8 points were from the charity stripe ... Logan 56 Chillicothe 50 a final ... Maughmer vs Myers 21 to 21 for the night ... round 2 at the Hat in the 2nd half of the season ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Chillicothe

Scoring ... Jayvon Maughmer 21 , Tre Beard 14, Brandon Noel 11, Vincent Roper 4
3 Pointers ... 4/13 ... Tre Beard 2, Brandon Noel 1, Jayvon Maughmer 1
FTs ... 4/8
TOs ... 14
PnP ... 12 fgs/24 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/2 points in transition

... Cavs had a good game plan ... working hard to control the tempo - Coach Huffer vs McClain & tonight vs Logan tossed the offensive scheme that had CHS struggling on the offensive end vs both ZT & Washington CH ... the Cavs went back to getting more motion, getting the ball into their playmakers/scorers hands - Maughmer/Beard/Noel ... all 3 were in double figures vs the Chiefs ... points were left on the floor with some costly traveling calls & 2 player control calls in the 4th ... before the game I looked at the napkin stats from the Washington CH loss earlier in the week - I jotted down some Cavs "must do's" to get a big win at Logan 1) Get into their offense (at CH the offense never got started, never got the ball into the paint, everything went side to side ... the offense needed to go north south ) ... tonight ? North South it went ... movement of the ball & bodies in the half court ... 2) the Cavs would need to get in the paint - get to the FT line ... vs CH the Cavs got to the line for only 9 shots ... I jotted down "need at least 15-20 FTs "(which would mean the offensive was getting into the paint via the drive or got the ball into the 6-7 Noel's hands on the block ... tonight? only 8 FTs shot (4/8) ... I'll keep watching for these 2 napkin stat lines as the Cavaliers move forward ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring ... Bo Myers 21, Caleb Bell 12, Coby Bell 9, Wes Brooks 6, Landon Little 5, Layton Cassady 3
3 Pointers ... 7/21 ... Coby Bell 3, Landon Little 1, Caleb Bell 1,Wes Brookes 1, Layton Cassady 1
FTs ... 13/19
TOs ... 9
PnP ... 9 fgs/18 points in the paint
PnT ... 3 fgs/ 6 points in transition

... good win tonight vs a good Cavs team ... in the post game interview with Coach Rider he said the Chiefs weren't at 100% - injuries from the win at Lancaster, Bo Myers with the flu ... we saw the tempo needed to get ALL of the Chiefs involved in the 3rd period - with tempo ,pushing the ball it seemed all of the perimeter scorers showed up , catching the ball in rhythm (4/6 three balls in the 3rd period by 3 different shooters) ... was good seeing jr 6-6 Justin Wolfe get some varsity minutes his body is needed in the half court game that teams Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line will force the Chiefs into playing ... Bo Myers without a 3 point fg tonight? can't remember when THAT stat has shown on the napkin stat sheet ... big game vs Parkersburg High School Tuesday night for the Chiefs ! - Go Purple !
Good run down on the game . I was able to get to the game and knew it would be a good one . The Cavs made it interesting early but I could feel the mo turning late 2nd . Some timely 3s( Coby Bell with (3) Wes Brooks(1),Caleb Bell(1) , Layton Cassidy(1) and Landon Little(1) ) will turn a game . 2 Points I noted was the ability of the Chieftains to push the ball without turning it over . Codos to Caleb Bell. He can really push the ball and break down a defense . Only 9 Team TOs will win you a lot of games . Jayvon kept them within stiking distance and stepped up . His length creates problems . Logan I thought was the quicker of the 2 teams . Man D is as tough as you will see . Injuries and Illness is something all teams deal with and the average fan does not even realize it(you could tell Bo Myers was not 100% ). Just curious who else was not 100% ? My thought is the Cavs have the ability to go on a tear , win the league . The Chiefs , well no chance for a league title ( Being and Independent) they are playing for respect . Logan at it's best when playing with intensity and when they have great ball movement . 2 really good teams and I will be at the rematch if the Old car will start. Thanks for the run down PFloyd. Good luck to both Teams !

Return to “Boys Basketball”