Student sections

transplant
SE

Re: Student sections

Post by transplant »

NW97 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:54 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:45 am I cant wait to see if Northwest's student section dresses up, and if they do, what they choose to dress up as.
Brad and Chad? Sweater tied around the neck?
So its ok for NW to dress how they view Wheelersburg? But no one can make fun of them? hmmmm

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:32 pm
NW97 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:54 pm The irony is, there are probably as many farms in the wheelersburg district.
Who told you they dressed up in cowboy boots to offend northwest? I’ve talked to several people that say Burg is a bunch of rich snobs. My kids go there. They ain’t rich and as far as I can tell they don’t seem to be snobbish.
I guess no one from across the river has ever been down the backside 522 or lick run lyra and seen all the farm land that Wheelersburg kids live on.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

NW97 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:54 pm The irony is, there are probably as many farms in the wheelersburg district.
Who told you they dressed up in cowboy boots to offend northwest? I’ve talked to several people that say Burg is a bunch of rich snobs. My kids go there. They ain’t rich and as far as I can tell they don’t seem to be snobbish.
Wait...are you trying to say the fact that they dressed in flannel and boots had nothing to do with them playing northwest?! That's laughable. I graduated from Northwest and I'm not offended at all. I think it's funny, and would like to see the nw section come up with something funny in return. For anyone in scioto county ohio to be "snobby" is also laughable. Scioto county as a whole is somewhat of a dump compared to many other parts of the country.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

NW97 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 pm
Wait...are you trying to say the fact that they dressed in flannel and boots had nothing to do with them playing northwest?! That's laughable. I graduated from Northwest and I'm not offended at all. I think it's funny, and would like to see the nw section come up with something funny in return. For anyone in scioto county ohio to be "snobby" is also laughable. Scioto county as a whole is somewhat of a dump compared to many other parts of the country.
That is precisely what we are saying. There are several different themes used. I believe last year was country theme for Minford not Northwest just depends on schedule year to year. Waverly was Christmas theme so we were not implying that Waverly has a "Jesus" it just worked out that way.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

transplant wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:45 am I cant wait to see if Northwest's student section dresses up, and if they do, what they choose to dress up as.
If the Northwest student section does dress up in a preppy way, then the Wheelersburg faithful should come out and be offended as being portrayed as something.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Themed student sections seems to be somewhat connected to “scheduled play date” phenomena from their childhood. About 20 years ago.

Return to “Boys Basketball”