Johnstown defeats Zane Trace
Burg over Jackson
McClain over Circleville
Unioto over MT

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Re: Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

As usual, a lot jockeying and politicking for seeds. 4-7 will be where no one wants to go obviously. Haven’t seen Unioto yet; just assuming they are a little better than their record.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Zane Trace 11-3
Washington CH 9-3
Greenfield 10-4
Jackson 10-4
Gallia 7-4
Waverly 8-5
Unioto 7-6
Hillsboro 5-9
River Valley 2-10
Miami Trace 1-13

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

My Prediction Picks/Southeastern Sectional

1. Zane Trace
2. Wash. C. H.
3. Waverly
4. Jackson
5. GAHS
6. McClain
7.Unioto
8.Hillsboro
9. River Valley
10 Miami Trace

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Going to be tough for Waverly to get the 3

Currently 1-2 vs D1 and D2. Their 8-5 record is comprised mostly from being 7-3 vs D3 and D4.

I’m not sure that plays well in a D2 sectional vote.

They play Jackson and Miami Trace before the draw but that only gives them 5 games at D2 level or above.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:50 pm Going to be tough for Waverly to get the 3

Currently 1-2 vs D1 and D2. Their 8-5 record is comprised mostly from being 7-3 vs D3 and D4.

They play Jackson and Miami Trace before the draw but that only gives them 5 games at D2 level or above.
No league affiliation either, that may not matter. Will be interesting to see how FAC coaches vote come seeding time

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:40 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:50 pm Going to be tough for Waverly to get the 3

No league affiliation either, that may not matter. Will be interesting to see how FAC coaches vote come seeding time
I think my first two picks and the last three picks will stand. three through seven could flip flop. The predictions I posted are the predictions I picked at the start of the season. I agree it will be a hard sell on Waverly and Jackson. IMO it will be a 50/50, it could go either way. Waverly will topple MT. Jackson i think will drop games to WCH, Chillicothe, and Athens. They will still have to play Alexander after the seeding but don't you think that will be in the coaches minds. Unioto is fair but not that strong. The team that could really jump would be McClain. GAHS is still up in the air as they search for life after the big transfer. The voting in the end comes down of who I don't want to play out of the three through seven.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Between the Lines wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:28 am

I think my first two picks and the last three picks will stand. three through seven could flip flop. The predictions I posted are the predictions I picked at the start of the season. I agree it will be a hard sell on Waverly and Jackson. IMO it will be a 50/50, it could go either way. Waverly will topple MT. Jackson i think will drop games to WCH, Chillicothe, and Athens. They will still have to play Alexander after the seeding but don't you think that will be in the coaches minds. Unioto is fair but not that strong. The team that could really jump would be McClain. GAHS is still up in the air as they search for life after the big transfer. The voting in the end comes down of who I don't want to play out of the three through seven.
The Jackson v Chillicothe game is on 2/9. That’s a Saturday night and I believe the votes will be in before that game is played.

Please correct me if I’m wrong on this. But if the votes are due that weekend then the Saturday night game is usually “after the draw”.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:52 am
Between the Lines wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:28 am

The Jackson v Chillicothe game is on 2/9. That’s a Saturday night and I believe the votes will be in before that game is played.

Please correct me if I’m wrong on this. But if the votes are due that weekend then the Saturday night game is usually “after the draw”.
The OHSAA timeline has the tournament drawing at 2pm on Sunday 02/10/2019. So games after 02/10/2019 would not be included in the seeding.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

No question the Chillicothe game is a must win for Jackson.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toldya wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:44 am No question the Chillicothe game is a must win for Jackson.
For seeding purposes?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:46 am
toldya wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:44 am No question the Chillicothe game is a must win for Jackson.
For seeding purposes?
Every game is a must win for seeding - its brutal with every one of these teams playing each other and most of them playing Chillicothe. I think the game at WCH was a must win for Waverly since they lost to Chillicothe. They can somewhat redeem themselves by beating Jackson. Some key games the next couple weeks to determine the seeding.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Man this sectional is going to be crazy. If we assume Zane trace is the 1 seed. that means in some order Courthouse Jackson and Mcclain is the 2,3,4. In some order Waverly Galia and Unioto is 5,6,7 That means to get out of the sectional Courthouse, Jackson and Mcclain has to win a tough game against an opponent that is close in ability to them. so just as an example, would anyone be surprised if Galia beat Jackson or Waverly beat Mcclain. I certainly wouldn't be. Not saying it is going to happen but there certainly is going to be some incredible games just to make it to districts.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

ok I realize I messed up a little whoever gets the 2 seed will play winner of 8vs 9 game. that means 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5. Gonna be an absolute dog fight to get the 2 seed. I would think for now Courthouse has the best chance at the two seed and maybe even could take the one from zane trace.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The coaches in the SE District have to vote online by Midnight on 2/8, but voting opens on 2/7.

The seeds are released at 3:30 on 2/10

The 1 plays the 8/9 winner
2 plays the 7/10 winner

Games after the 8th don’t matter for seeding purposes.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:34 am The coaches in the SE District have to vote online by Midnight on 2/8, but voting opens on 2/7.

The seeds are released at 3:30 on 2/10

The 1 plays the 8/9 winner
2 plays the 7/10 winner

Games after the 8th don’t matter for seeding purposes.
Thank you ! I thought the 2/9 games were irrelevant.

CoachFlora
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFlora »

What are the longest active droughts in making it to the Convo? I know WCH hasn't made it to the Convo since the 2010-11 season. Would be awesome for Coach Scott and the program to experience it in his first season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CoachFlora wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:32 pm What are the longest active droughts in making it to the Convo? I know WCH hasn't made it to the Convo since the 2010-11 season. Would be awesome for Coach Scott and the program to experience it in his first season.
Jackson 15 or 16 years, only been 2x in last 33 years and it wasn’t very often prior to that

Return to “Boys Basketball”