Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:20 pm mlittle...Unioto will be the #7 unless fishy stuff happens

Who do you want the #2 to be of the 3-4 potential #2 seeds?
I honestly have no idea. I think it really comes down to which Unioto team shows up! I truly believe on a given night we can beat anyone in this sectional.

Preferred matchups can be interesting. I would love to get another shot at Jackson just for my own sanity. I don’t think you guys are 30 points better than us but the only way to know for sure is to play again! But on the other hand I do think we match up better with Waverly or courthouse. Haven’t played Waverly this year but we just hung with Courthouse on not our greatest shooting night and courthouse beat Waverly so if FU and McClain Unioto show up in the sectional I truly like our chances against anyone.

I know regardless of what happens there just isn’t a thing in the world that can duplicate what tournament basketball brings. The atmosphere, the pressure, the win or go home affect and how it just changes people. We get to see upsets, buzzer beaters, fans and kids hanging on to every possession like it could be the difference in going home or keeping your season alive. We get to see seniors who have given their all for years to a school, a program and community say goodbye, and We will see underclassmen step up and start to make names for themselves in the biggest spotlight imaginable. There is just nothing like it! I just hope the kids and parents can savor it, enjoy it, and take it all in before it’s too late!

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Gallia Academy now 11-8 after thrashing Portsmouth. Unioto fell to 9-11. GA should get the 6 and Unioto the 7. Hillsboro 8? Could they get the 7? River Valley or Miami Trace at 9?

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Zane Trace 1, Jackson 2, Wash 3, Wa 4, Greenfield 5

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:36 pm [quote=WHSgrad2000 post_id=<a href="tel:1749739">1749739</a> time=<a href="tel:1549492154">1549492154</a> user_id=14384]
How does one conference get 5 teams in one sectional? I mean a conference could stack the seeds in such a way they are all but guaranteed a shot at a District Championship (I am not saying the coaches will do that. I am saying it COULD happen.) IDK what the answer is, but this system needs a fix.
Super sectional like every other district...
[/quote]
Vik wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 pm Zane Trace 1, Jackson 2, Wash 3, Wa 4, Greenfield 5
I feel 1&2 seeds should get a bye, and the rest should have to win 2 games to go to the Convo. Make the road
to Convo be meaningful again.

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

Waverly won another close game against Minford
61-58. I feel the boys are spreading the offense
around as they again had 3 players in double figures!
So I’d seed them higher than Jackson, and the Tigers
land a 3 seed.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

NCGreenwave34 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:31 pm Waverly won another close game against Minford
61-58. I feel the boys are spreading the offense
around as they again had 3 players in double figures!
So I’d seed them higher than Jackson, and the Tigers
land a 3 seed.
I watched a D3 Alexander team that didn't even win the TVC Ohio absolutely destroy Minford, in Minford. Do the Falcons have a player or players back or something? That Alex game was over xmas break.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

NCGreenwave34 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:15 pm
smurray wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:36 pm [quote=WHSgrad2000 post_id=<a href="tel:1749739">1749739</a> time=<a href="tel:1549492154">1549492154</a> user_id=14384]
How does one conference get 5 teams in one sectional? I mean a conference could stack the seeds in such a way they are all but guaranteed a shot at a District Championship (I am not saying the coaches will do that. I am saying it COULD happen.) IDK what the answer is, but this system needs a fix.
Super sectional like every other district...
Vik wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 pm Zane Trace 1, Jackson 2, Wash 3, Wa 4, Greenfield 5
I feel 1&2 seeds should get a bye, and the rest should have to win 2 games to go to the Convo. Make the road
to Convo be meaningful again.
[/quote]

I understand the rationale behind "super sectionals", but the old school sectionals of four teams playing back to back nights for one district spot always had a certain excitement.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

As I read some of these comments not knowing how the seedings will turn out I really agree with smurray. The FAC have 5 teams out of 10 in this sectional. Hope it turns out the way it should for all teams. I think someone should really look at a different way of grouping these teams together or change the voting process.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

It happens at Meigs D4 selection with the TVC Hocking having a majority of the 10.

The FAC coaches did not get together and decide how to vote. Washington and MT played last night and those 2 never discussed it — before Friday or yesterday.

I agree they could control it but I also tell you they didn’t vote as a collective.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:03 pm It happens at Meigs D4 selection with the TVC Hocking having a majority of the 10.

The FAC coaches did not get together and decide how to vote. Washington and MT played last night and those 2 never discussed it — before Friday or yesterday.

I agree they could control it but I also tell you they didn’t vote as a collective.
If that is the case then I think we have some professional coaches in this sectional. We will see shortly if that is the case. Hope so.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Everyone likes to point out Pfloyd rankings.

He ranks them

ZT
Jackson
Washington
McClain
Waverly

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:13 pm Everyone likes to point out Pfloyd rankings.

He ranks them

ZT
Jackson
Washington
McClain
Waverly
I think this looks about right .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:03 pm It happens at Meigs D4 selection with the TVC Hocking having a majority of the 10.

WCH beat MT by 2?? Was it really that close?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Yeah it was. .3 of a second from going into OT.

Their new gym is amazing. Packed house. Great atmosphere.

I know you saw Trace once and you cooked them. They were pretty good last night.

We beat them 65-40 at home.

Glad to get out of there last night

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:53 pm Yeah it was. .3 of a second from going into OT.

Their new gym is amazing. Packed house. Great atmosphere.

I know you saw Trace once and you cooked them. They were pretty good last night.

We beat them 65-40 at home.

Glad to get out of there last night
I just saw the final score, didn’t know how it actually went.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

It's official!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Waverly/McClain and Unioto vs Wash CH both should be good. No easy out in sectional really. Good luck to all!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

[attachment=0]2019_Boys_Basketball_D2.pdf[/attachment]
Attachments
2019_Boys_Basketball_D2.pdf
(18.94 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Friday 2/22 6:00
Waverly v Greenfield

Friday 2/22 8:30
Unioto v Washington

Too bad this is a split session!!

Waverly and Greenfield tied for the 4th seed and Greenfield won the tiebreaker.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

So blue devils at 12-8 get the 7th seed. Interesting. Sounds to me like teams 3-6 didn’t want blue devils in first round. Seems like Zane trace might of known blue devils were going to get a low seed . Since they showed up in point pleasant to scout them last night.

Blue devils just need to take care of business and get to the Saturday game against Jackson. Jackson has had our number lately. But it is what it is now. Time to just play.

Return to “Boys Basketball”