Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

HamPorter
All Conference

Re: Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Post by HamPorter »

toast wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 am Some years there are one or two teams that are clearly the strongest teams in this sectional. I don't get that feeling this year at least not so far. Probably the least amount of difference in teams one through seven as we've seen in some time.

Zane Trace deserves the one seed. Impressive win over Chillicothe. Kinda strange that they only beat Piketon by two. Let's see how Gallia does without Loveday.

The second half of the season should be interesting!
Let’s see how ZT does against Johnstown before crowning them. The SVC isn’t very good this year, so they aren’t being all that challenged there. They also lost to McClain. They aren’t beating Gahanna, but Chillicothe was punished 2 years ago for scheduling losses, so we’ll see if ZT is as well.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

ZT definitely has the toughest schedule compared to Jackson and Greenfield. I don’t think it is close when you play teams like Gahanna Lincoln, Johnstown Monroe, Chillicothe , Hilliard Davidson , @ Ironton, Vinton County , Logan Elm.... i think that you all get my point. Their schedule is so much harder than Greenfield and Jackson’s . Just my opinion. So they may get beat by a Johnstown or Gahanna & get penalized if they lose. But i am certain that Jackson and Greenfield would struggle if not lose to some of the teams that I mentioned. No one is crowning anyone a number 1 seed just yet but as of right now they are at the top. My opinion.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 pm ZT definitely has the toughest schedule compared to Jackson and Greenfield. I don’t think it is close when you play teams like Gahanna Lincoln, Johnstown Monroe, Chillicothe , Hilliard Davidson , @ Ironton, Vinton County , Logan Elm.... i think that you all get my point. Their schedule is so much harder than Greenfield and Jackson’s . Just my opinion. So they may get beat by a Johnstown or Gahanna & get penalized if they lose. But i am certain that Jackson and Greenfield would struggle if not lose to some of the teams that I mentioned. No one is crowning anyone a number 1 seed just yet but as of right now they are at the top. My opinion.
If that’s the case then ZT shouldn’t have any trouble getting out of the sectional, regardless of their seeding

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm
Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 pm ZT definitely has the toughest schedule compared to Jackson and Greenfield. I don’t think it is close when you play teams like Gahanna Lincoln, Johnstown Monroe, Chillicothe , Hilliard Davidson , @ Ironton, Vinton County , Logan Elm.... i think that you all get my point. Their schedule is so much harder than Greenfield and Jackson’s . Just my opinion. So they may get beat by a Johnstown or Gahanna & get penalized if they lose. But i am certain that Jackson and Greenfield would struggle if not lose to some of the teams that I mentioned. No one is crowning anyone a number 1 seed just yet but as of right now they are at the top. My opinion.
If that’s the case then ZT shouldn’t have any trouble getting out of the sectional, regardless of their seeding
All I am saying is that they have the toughest schedule and are the number 1 seed right now. Do you not agree?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

What are each team’s best road win?

Anyone can win at home

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Ed Ott wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm What are each team’s best road win?

Anyone can win at home
😂

Yea, anyone can win at home.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 pm
All I am saying is that they have the toughest schedule and are the number 1 seed right now. Do you not agree?
I think by season end it will be ZT and Jackson 1 and 2. I’m not sure who the better team is. We’ve played them both. No question that ZT has a tough non conference schedule tho.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:50 pm
Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 pm

I think by season end it will be ZT and Jackson 1 and 2. I’m not sure who the better team is. We’ve played them both. No question that ZT has a tough non conference schedule tho.
I agree.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

If Greenfield can beat Jackson @ Jackson (but I don’t think it will happen) then it may end up ZT and Greenfield. But if I’m not mistaken Jackson has the easiest schedule left of the 3 because they do not play Chillicothe until Feb 10. They do go to DBurg which will be a very good game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 pm If Greenfield can beat Jackson @ Jackson (but I don’t think it will happen) then it may end up ZT and Greenfield. But if I’m not mistaken Jackson has the easiest schedule left of the 3 because they do not play Chillicothe until Feb 10. They do go to DBurg which will be a very good game.
At Wheelersburg
At Washington CH
At Athens
At Waverly
vs Chillicothe 2/9

Piece of cake....they are like 40-13 and we get them all but 1 on the road and also must play Greenfield Friday and then face Fairland (in Chesapeake) at noon the next day

That’s the easiest schedule?

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 pm
Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 pm If Greenfield can beat Jackson @ Jackson (but I don’t think it will happen) then it may end up ZT and Greenfield. But if I’m not mistaken Jackson has the easiest schedule left of the 3 because they do not play Chillicothe until Feb 10. They do go to DBurg which will be a very good game.
At Wheelersburg
At Washington CH
At Athens
At Waverly
vs Chillicothe 2/9

Piece of cake....they are like 40-13 and we get them all but 1 on the road and also must play Greenfield Friday and then face Fairland (in Chesapeake) at noon the next day

Definitely not easy but i mean the easiest schedule until the drawing. Do you play all of those teams before the drawing? (Besides Chilly)?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:19 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 pm
At Wheelersburg
At Washington CH
At Athens
At Waverly
vs Chillicothe 2/9

Definitely not easy but i mean the easiest schedule until the drawing. Do you play all of those teams before the drawing? (Besides Chilly)?
You said “easiest schedule left before the drawing” no way is that true. 5 of ployds top 10 including #2 and #3. Then add at Waverly and then Fairlaind in their county. Zero chance is that easiest of what McClain and ZT play until then.

What has been played so far wasn’t part of your post. Playing them twice doesn’t make it easier, especially if it’s at their place.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Greenfield 3 top 10 schools remaining, All of which are FAC SCHOOLS. And Dayton Carroll

Zane Trace - Johnstown Monroe and Lincoln

And don’t sleep on Washington Courthouse
3 top ten teams remaining have Waverly at home plus Grandview heights
Last edited by Pete_Bell on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Waverly - 3 top ten teams left. Plus a much improved South Webster team,

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Zane Trace has 2 tough games (both at home if I read schedule correctly), 2 need to play well games and 4 easy games before draw.

McClain has 4 tough games (3 on road), 1 need to play well game and 4 easy games before draw

Jackson has 6 tough games (4 on the road), 1 need to play well and 3 easy games before the draw.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:52 am Zane Trace has 2 tough games (both at home if I read schedule correctly), 2 need to play well games and 4 easy games before draw.

McClain has 4 tough games (3 on road), 1 need to play well game and 4 easy games before draw

Jackson has 6 tough games (4 on the road), 1 need to play well and 3 easy games before the draw.
We’re gonna try and give y’all some help tomorrow night!

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

hitting the stretch, going to be a ton of fun

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Zane Trace 11-2
Jackson 10-3
Washington 8-3
Greenfield 9-4
Waverly 8-4
Gallipolis 6-4
Unioto 6-6
Hillsboro 4-9
River Valley 1-9
Miami Trace 1-12.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:38 pm Zane Trace 11-2
Jackson 10-3
Washington 8-3
Greenfield 9-4
Waverly 8-4
Gallipolis 6-4
Unioto 6-6
Hillsboro 4-9
River Valley 1-9
Miami Trace 1-12.
Waverly at Court House Tuesday and host Jackson on the 5th.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:38 pm Zane Trace 11-2
Jackson 10-3
Washington 8-3
Greenfield 9-4
Waverly 8-4
Gallipolis 6-4
Unioto 6-6
Hillsboro 4-9
River Valley 1-9
Miami Trace 1-12.
Interesting. River Valley lost to Meigs by 45 and Miami Trace stayed tight with Chillicothe most of the game. Those teams in the 7/8/9 range teams will want to finagle to face RV and not MT

Return to “Boys Basketball”