Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #3 (SEOPS HO...HO HO Edition)

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #3 (SEOPS HO...HO HO Edition)

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 pm
Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:18 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:15 pm ... is the Portsmouth West score I have a boys score or girls score from tonight ?

Portsmouth West 22
Bethel Tate 50 final

... Bethel Tate is not on the boys schedule but IS on the girls for today BUT I saw on the Holiday Tournament thread that West WAS playing in a holiday tournament AND playing Bethel Tate 12/27 and Ripley tomorrow night 12/28 ... any help would be appreciated on this one ...
That was the girls final. Should have remembered the boys final but something along the lines of...

Portsmouth West 70
Bethel Tate 50
... thanks C34C34 ! the boys WILL play again tomorrow night vs Ripley ?
Yes sir. 6pm tip-off

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #3 (SEOPS HO...HO HO Edition)

Post by pfloyd »

Thank you and good luck to the West Siders vs a really good Ripley squad ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:58 pm Some good games on the menu for tomorrow 12/28:

Eastern vs Waverly
Western vs Piketon
Logan vs Gallia Academy
Warren vs Whitehall Yearling
Minford vs Alexander
East Liverpool vs Wheelersburg
Dublin Jerome vs Fairland
Adena vs McClain
Jackson vs Unioto

... I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I know off the top of my head from the different threads going now ...
At MIT tournament at Manchester.12-28 ,Peebles Boys vs West Union, then North Adams Vs Manchester Boys. Consolation and
the championship on Saturday the 29th.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thursday night result:

Southern - 58
Ravenswood - 37

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

The Miami Trace v Greenview a girls or guys game?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Busy week for you pfloyd, hope your spending some time with mama!

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

Coal Grove beat Huntington St. Joe 83-51 last night. I'm guessing HSJ is very down. Coal Grove was leading 50-13 at the half.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mattash wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:06 am The Miami Trace v Greenview a girls or guys game?
... good question "I THOUGHT" thought it was the boys - as it is listed on the Scorestream scoreboard as boys varsity BUT they also have Oak Hill vs River Valley as a boys score but when you check the schedules it is a girls game ... I'm soooooo confused LOL ... I need a newspaper score LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 am
mattash wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:06 am The Miami Trace v Greenview a girls or guys game?
... good question "I THOUGHT" thought it was the boys - as it is listed on the Scorestream scoreboard as boys varsity BUT they also have Oak Hill vs River Valley as a boys score but when you check the schedules it is a girls game ... I'm soooooo confused LOL ... I need a newspaper score LOL ...
... I went to the Highland County Press website ... it has THE boys score as what I posted and then a different score for the girls/with the girls game played on the 26th boys game on the 27th ... sooooooooooo I trust the HIghland County Press sports editor Steve Forsha (he does a great job/has ALWAYS done a great job over there) ... I will stick with MT getting their first W of the season 56-48 over Greenview to go to 1-7 on the season ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 am
pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 am
... I went to the Highland County Press website ... it has THE boys score as what I posted and then a different score for the girls/with the girls game played on the 26th boys game on the 27th ... sooooooooooo I trust the HIghland County Press sports editor Steve Forsha (he does a great job/has ALWAYS done a great job over there) ... I will stick with MT getting their first W of the season 56-48 over Greenview to go to 1-7 on the season ...
Boys. I double checked with @mt_athletics on the Twitter and it was confirmed on there. Congrats to the Panthers!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Listened to the Fairland vs Jerome game on the radio yesterday, went to Jim's Gym to see Logan entertain Gallia Academy last night, getting ready to head down the highway to Waverly for Championship night of the Pike County Holiday Tourney - Piketon vs Waverly in the consolation game at 6pm followed by the Championship contest between Eastern & Western Pike ... should be a fun night of hoops action in downtown Waverly ... won't be able to do game rundowns until late tonight (about an hour & a half drive over the river and thru the woods between Waverly and Logan BUT we'll get there and back ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The loss by Fairfield Union tonight is making that race for the No. 2 spot in Logan very interesting.

Athens heads to the Warrior Dome soon. Huge game!
Imagine that. I'm starting to get a little deja Vu. lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

My top 8

1. Logan
2. Sheridan
3. Burg

4. Zane Trace
5. Chillicothe
6. Jackson
7. Washington
8. Athens

Gallia/Eastern Pike/McClain/Oak Hill/Alexander/Waverly...all right there.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Logan Elm only losing by 3 AT Zane Trace , minus their 2 seniors, tallest player at 6-0 everyone else at 5-8 to 5-10 ... on the road (worth +10 points for ZT playing at home) heck this is actually a W for LE ! ... some on the committee will be lobbying hard for LE to get into the Elite 8 this week ... LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looks like I have all of the scores from the Christmas week of hoops ... the committee of one will get some sleep then meet up to record the scores on the big board, update the games /records before taking all of the info to the kitchen island to get this weeks rankings nailed down later today ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:05 pm ... Logan Elm only losing by 3 AT Zane Trace , minus their 2 seniors, tallest player at 6-0 everyone else at 5-8 to 5-10 ... on the road (worth +10 points for ZT playing at home) heck this is actually a W for LE ! ... some on the committee will be lobbying hard for LE to get into the Elite 8 this week ... LOL
Watson's 6-4 and Huffman is around 6-1.

Logan Elm's kids are always going to compete hard, as you know pfloyd, and be fundamentally sound, especially for their age. Like I've said before, if we can get a couple of these sophomores up to 6-0, watch out.

Zane Trace's starting five is pretty solid, but its lack of depth may hurt at some point along the tournament trail.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:58 am
pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:05 pm ... Logan Elm only losing by 3 AT Zane Trace , minus their 2 seniors, tallest player at 6-0 everyone else at 5-8 to 5-10 ... on the road (worth +10 points for ZT playing at home) heck this is actually a W for LE ! ... some on the committee will be lobbying hard for LE to get into the Elite 8 this week ... LOL
Watson's 6-4 and Huffman is around 6-1.

Logan Elm's kids are always going to compete hard, as you know pfloyd, and be fundamentally sound, especially for their age. Like I've said before, if we can get a couple of these sophomores up to 6-0, watch out.

Zane Trace's starting five is pretty solid, but its lack of depth may hurt at some point along the tournament trail.
I was trying to say that neither Watson or Huffman played tonight or last night vs ZT ... leaving only the under 6 foot crowd to carry the mail for Coach Stiverson ... they did good !

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Peebles Indians split games this week,dropping a 69-66 decision to West Union in a knock down dragout.Then beat Manchester. Now they will run the gauntlet against North Adams at home, then New Boston , and Western Latham away. Good luck Indians.

Return to “Boys Basketball”