12/28 Jackson vs Unioto

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

12/28 Jackson vs Unioto

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson hosts the Unioto Sherman Tanks for a triple header on Friday. Unioto has won the last numerous match ups but the Ironmen at home should be favorites over the younger but improving team. Unioto graduated a ton but added a good transfer in Isaac Little who torched in 22 points his last game.

The Ironmen coming off a tough tough outing at Chillicothe and better be ready because the U kids will fight and scrap.

Get there early as I don’t think Unioto JV has lost and JV Ironmen have only lost once.

Go Ironmen

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Jackson vs Unioto

Post by pfloyd »

... the U has found their "identity" in life after Hill/Swackhammer/Kennedy/Fisher ... Cade McKee/Isaac Little/Cam Bebord have stepped into the scoring roles ... TEAM has stepped up defensively for the Shermans as well ... 4-4 for the U with the TEAM trending in the right direction ... will be a good game vs the Ironmen - a barometer game for the U for sure to see where they stand heading into the New Year ... Coach Bruce's JV team for the Shermans is 7-1 with their only loss being to the Logan Chieftains on the road ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:39 pm ... the U has found their "identity" in life after Hill/Swackhammer/Kennedy/Fisher ... Cade McKee/Isaac Little/Cam Bebord have stepped into the scoring roles ... TEAM has stepped up defensively for the Shermans as well ... 4-4 for the U with the TEAM trending in the right direction ... will be a good game vs the Ironmen - a barometer game for the U for sure to see where they stand heading into the New Year ... Coach Bruce's JV team for the Shermans is 7-1 with their only loss being to the Logan Chieftains on the road ...
Extra credit for JV knowledge

7-1 vs 6-1

Sandman18
Waterboy

Post by Sandman18 »

Should be a great night for Ironman fans! I expect Jackson to be rolling from the tip and play with some fire!!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Maybe Jackson could return the favor from 4 years ago or so when Unioto came into Jackson and hung 100 on the Ironmen. As I recall there was no let-up from Unioto in the 4th and a freshman from Unioto at that time came in and scored the 100th point from the charity stripe with the entire bench (including the coach) waving towels and jumping up and down on the court like they had just won a Regional Final.

I remember it, doubt many of the players do, but I would personally be fine with a considerable victory, and an Ironmen effort that lasts from the tip-off until the very end.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

doubleplay643 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:06 pm Maybe Jackson could return the favor from 4 years ago or so when Unioto came into Jackson and hung 100 on the Ironmen. As I recall there was no let-up from Unioto in the 4th and a freshman from Unioto at that time came in and scored the 100th point from the charity stripe with the entire bench (including the coach) waving towels and jumping up and down on the court like they had just won a Regional Final.

I remember it, doubt many of the players do, but I would personally be fine with a considerable victory, and an Ironmen effort that lasts from the tip-off until the very end.
That was also a winless Jackson team. I believe the year before they won 88-43 over a 1-22 Jackson team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

doubleplay643 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:06 pm Maybe Jackson could return the favor from 4 years ago or so when Unioto came into Jackson and hung 100 on the Ironmen. As I recall there was no let-up from Unioto in the 4th and a freshman from Unioto at that time came in and scored the 100th point from the charity stripe with the entire bench (including the coach) waving towels and jumping up and down on the court like they had just won a Regional Final.

Might want to rewatch that film, like I did, as the only coach who got off the bench after they scored point 100 was Hoops, who was instructing the players to get back on defense...which they had done during the 4th quarter.

I’d expect Jackson to give full effort from start to finish anyways. I always enjoy games in Jackson, rather as a coach, scout, or spectator, I expect Friday to be similar no matter the outcome.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I was down with family and went to that game. Talked to former Unioto Coach Rob Munn for a bit. I do remember Unioto being up like 25 in the first quarter and Unioto’s Coach was pretty animated to keep things going. I remember in the 4th Jackson had a young freshman or sophomore Unioto kept baiting him a hole was open and he’d drive, they’d collapse and swat it or steal it and go the other way time after time. It was pretty clear their goal was to get to 100 points. I don’t know that they did anything wrong but 100 was certainly their goal. That Jackson team just didn’t have much at all.

I’ve watch Jackson at Greenfield and at Chillicothe, they aren’t going to score 70, let alone 100 but they should beat Unioto by 5-10 points.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Might want to rewatch that film, like I did, as the only coach who got off the bench after they scored point 100 was Hoops, who was instructing the players to get back on defense...which they had done during the 4th quarter.

I’d expect Jackson to give full effort from start to finish anyways. I always enjoy games in Jackson, rather as a coach, scout, or spectator, I expect Friday to be similar no matter the outcome.
I sat behind the Unioto bench 5 rows up and saw the smirks, eye winks and the curl of a smile as the century mark was approached.

It's fine, Jackson was a struggling team then and Unioto was a juggernaut with a team full of horsepower. Big margins happen. We have two different perspectives, it happens.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Should be a good tilt of b-ball on all three levels.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Don’t forget your $2 to park

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

If you pay in penny’s they never count it so I put 300 penny’s in a plastic bag and get away with paying only $1.50 Works like a charm every time. Lol

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

mlittle wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:31 pm If you pay in penny’s they never count it so I put 300 penny’s in a plastic bag and get away with paying only $1.50 Works like a charm every time. Lol
So.... you give them 1/2 the bag?

Are your penny’s 1/2 pennies?

Or are you paying $3.00?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:31 pm If you pay in penny’s they never count it so I put 300 penny’s in a plastic bag and get away with paying only $1.50 Works like a charm every time. Lol
Lol at your math :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the extra!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’m pretty sure 300 pennies is $1.50

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

mlittle wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:02 pm I’m pretty sure 300 pennies is $1.50
I’m still pretty sure you are .....

A little confused?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yes, after further review it is

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:05 pm
I’m still pretty sure you are .....

A little confused?
I’ll be really upset if I find definitive proof that 300 pennies is $3.00

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Post by Jackie Moon »

mlittle, you and Mrs. I92 have similar math abilities. :lol: :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackie Moon wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:46 pm mlittle, you and Mrs. I92 have similar math abilities. :lol: :lol:
low blow

Return to “Boys Basketball”